🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Never Forget

Status
Not open for further replies.
4eye-----be not offended ----you did not mean ILLUMINATED (lit up) you
mean ELIMINATED ..........uhm I think

international holocaust remembrance day is to remember all the victims of the NAZIs and honour those soldiers who liberated the camps. it is also a day set aside to educate those as to the dangers of racial and religious bigotry.

Last edited:
Today is Holocaust National Remembrance Day.
We must never forget
And never let it happen to Jewish people again

8969936_448x252.jpg

Never again.

Why We Remember The Holocaust

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FbxnWrBaDw]Why We Remember The Holocaust - YouTube[/ame]

I had visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, some time ago and it has been a valuable resource for research, reading and understanding.

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

I agree their lives matter but quit blaming it on the holocaust.

"British MP compares Jewish treatment of Palestinians to Nazis

David Ward, who has been summoned to the party's whip following his comments, says he did not intend to offend 'Jewish people on a whole' but will continue to criticize Israeli actions against Palestinians"

British MP compares Jewish treatment of Palestinians to Nazis - Israel News | Haaretz Daily Newspaper
He is sorely mistaken. Here's a picture of Nazi treatment of just a portion of one day over 6 long years following Krystalnacht:
Warning Graphic Image.
http://www.waitingforjesus.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/AuschwitzMassGrave.jpg

Warning Graphic Image.
http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Poland/Auschwitz/OldPhotos/Bodies.jpg
This little girl was stripped and abused before they asphyxiated her and threw her out with the trash.

Mohammad Amin al-Husseini danced for Hitler to murder all Europe's Jews. Hitler did 6,000,000, and he didn't pay much attention to whether they were young or old. He got 66% of Europe's Jews on those trains to the gas showers that were proffered as delousing centers upon arrival.

Damn liars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why We Remember The Holocaust

Why We Remember The Holocaust - YouTube

I had visited the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, some time ago and it has been a valuable resource for research, reading and understanding.

United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
That's absolutely a beautiful tribute to the future of mankind, to never allow governments to commit genocide of innocent, unarmed, and nonthreatening people. Thanks for sharing, Connery.

You are most welcome.

0.jpg
dscf0194_469.jpg

The Story of Peter Grinfeld (on the right) And Ephraim Reichenberg (on the left) (May HaShem bless them and grant them both long lives)

Peter Grinfeld and Ephraim Reichenberg both hold a very emotional story of courage and love and surviving against the odds.

Grinfeld was born in a small town in the Czech Republic in 1940, he was known as the "nameless" boy of the Jewish Holocaust survivors.

At age 4, he was sent with his mother and his twin sister Marta, to the destruction camp of Auschwitz Birkenau. His mother was shot to death by a Nazi soldiers only after their arrival, and he lost his sister in the camp. Being delievered streight into the hands of "The Angel of Death", known as Dr. Mengele, Peter, only a toddler, was left all alone.

In a small house in the camp, there he was put, with other children, twins, older than he. There he met Ephraim, a 15 year old boy from Hungary.

Ephraim, with his misfortune, was sent to satiate Mengele's bloodthirst even though he was no twin at all. His brother was one year older, but due to similarity in height and facial, he was mistaken for, as a twin brother.

Mengele's experienced and tortures took away Ephraim's brother's life. Ephraim lost his voice completely and was ill and weak. But even with his starvaion, weakness and fear he took care of little Peter like was his own brother. The little food he had he shared with the small boy, conversations were mosly by eye contact and touch.

Ephraim's story was also heard, afterwards. In young age he lost his mother, the father of the family remarried and a young sister joined the family, her name was Olga Channah. Few days after reaching the destruction camp, Ephraim was separated from Olga and her husband, Andor. He had it clear that most likely, if her survives, he has no family to come back to.

Ephraim never new what destiny awaited either him, Peter, or Olga, for that matter. In 1945, where freedom finally came, he found himself alone. not completely alone, though. He was freed with his little friend, Peter.

Later on, he discovered, though, that both Olga and Andor survived. Andor succeeded in escaping the camp. Olga was sent to the Gas Chambers in the same day the Russians invaded and stopped the carnage, and it was by miracle that she survived.

Peter was named "The nameless boy" because Pepichek, or so he was called, was not his real name. It was his father's name, given to him by Ephraism because he could not remember his own. Ephraim called him "little Pepi" and that nickname stayed his own up to this time.

Peter had no family left, and he immigrated to Israel when reaching maturity. Ephraim, Olga and Andor stayed in Hungary, until finally immigrating to Israel in 1955 due to the still cruel Anti-Semitism in Hungary.

The number of Mengele's twins in Israel standed on 11, few years ago. Peter and Ephraim are both the proof that death and despair do not win at the end.

The story of those two are also a story of my own.

For Olga Channah (Blessed be her memory, may she rest in peace in heaven) was my grandmother. She passed away on 2001, in her sleep.

My great-uncle Ephraim married a fine good woman, and has 3 sons and many grandchildren. My father's Hungarian name was Peter. His Hebrew name Rafael (Rafa-El in Hebrew means "God will cure" and both of Olga's children were her cure and cry of victory against the Nazis)

Peter (Pepichek) married a Hungarian woman and now has children and grandchildren. All of them, like the family of Weitzmann, will tell the story of bravery. Courage of two young boys who took care of eachother and survived to tell the story for Jewish youth living today worldwide.

In 2006, with my class, I joined the journey to Poland. In each journey we are accompanied by a witness, a Holocaust survivor. Our "witness" was Pepichek. When seeing and visiting the camp, Pepi took me aside and pointed on a window seeing from the top floor of a dark house. "Here," he told me, "Is where Ephraim covered my eyes with both his hands, signing me not to look how they shoot the other twins when done with them".

When seeing my tears he told me "Don't cry. No reason for you to cry. You should be happy. You're our best vengeance".

Last edited:
In the Holocaust the Jews suffered the loss of more than 1/3 of its people.

It is true that Gays, Gypsies, Mentally challenged, deaf, disabled, were killed as well, but the shock and the harm that hit most hard were for the Jews, without a daubt.

How many Christians are in the world? to many to mention. Milliards. To imagine, think about taking 2 or 3 MILLIARD Christians, and kill them off. That's the loss that was for the Jews.

More than 1.6 children killed, future generations. that's a wound that will never go away, not in the next 60, or 120 years. Children who could have grown up to be doctors, inventors, actors, journalists, scientists, many many lives that could have granted us a better future as a nation and as a group of people.

Each child, baby, toddler, could have been the one to save the world one day.

And that is what we truly mourn.

Last edited:
This song gave me the shivers ever since I was a little girl.

Talks about the Jew on the train on his way to Treblinka destruction camp.

Not even needed to understand the words, the music and rythm are enough, but always the same sentence repeats- "Kan Hatahana Treblinka"- "Here's the station Treblinka".

It always creeps me out and I always think twice before hearing this. gave me nightmares...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFVdO5QVs4I]?????? ????? ?????????? - YouTube[/ame]

A friend my mine, a person whom I consider to be a very wise person said to me that it is the will of Ha-Shem that there be only so many Jews in the world and that number has been fairly constant throughout the thousands of years of our existence, there are 13 million Jews in the world today, We can attempt rationalize why these things happen to us, massacres throughout the centuries, but everything happens for a reason, and the souls of all those victims are with Ha-Shem now and when the מָשִׁיחַ comes it will be our time. We must work towards that time :cool:

If Not For The Holocaust, There Could Have Been 32 Million Jews In The World Today, Expert Says

If it were not for the Holocaust, the number of Jews in the world would likely today be at least 26 million, and perhaps even as much as 32 million, says Prof. Sergio DellaPergola of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

DellaPergola, a world renowned figure in Jewish demography, is Shlomo Argov Professor of Israel-Diaspora Relations and director of the Division of Jewish Demography and Statistics at the Avraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry at the Hebrew University.

"The Holocaust struck a deep blow to the demographic, cultural and social fabric of the Jewish people in many ways and with long-range consequences," says DellaPergola. In 1939 there were 16.5 million Jews in the world, and in 1945 the number was estimated at 11 million, he said. In an article to be published soon in the journal Bishvil Hazikaron of the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, Prof. DellaPergola provides his analyses of the demographic damage to the Jewish people resulting from the Holocaust

If Not For The Holocaust, There Could Have Been 32 Million Jews In The World Today, Expert Says

it was 11 million people. 6 million jews and 5 million catholics, gays, gypsies and political prisoners.

but none of those other groups was wiped out by the holocaust.

It is true that Gays, Gypsies, Mentally challenged, deaf, disabled, were killed as well, but the shock and the harm that hit most hard were for the Jews, without a daubt.

How many Christians are in the world? to many to mention. Milliards. To imagine, think about taking 2 or 3 MILLIARD Christians, and kill them off. That's the loss that was for the Jews.

More than 1.6 children killed, future generations. that's a wound that will never go away, not in the next 60, or 120 years. Children who could have grown up to be doctors, inventors, actors, journalists, scientists, many many lives that could have granted us a better future as a nation and as a group of people.

A friend my mine, a person whom I consider to be a very wise person said to me that it is the will of Ha-Shem that there be only so many Jews in the world and that number has been fairly constant throughout the thousands of years of our existence, there are 13 million Jews in the world today, We can attempt rationalize why these things happen to us, massacres throughout the centuries, but everything happens for a reason, and the souls of all those victims are with Ha-Shem now and when the מָשִׁיחַ comes it will be our time. We must work towards that time :cool:

If it were not for the Holocaust, the number of Jews in the world would likely today be at least 26 million, and perhaps even as much as 32 million, says Prof. Sergio DellaPergola of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

DellaPergola, a world renowned figure in Jewish demography, is Shlomo Argov Professor of Israel-Diaspora Relations and director of the Division of Jewish Demography and Statistics at the Avraham Harman Institute of Contemporary Jewry at the Hebrew University.

"The Holocaust struck a deep blow to the demographic, cultural and social fabric of the Jewish people in many ways and with long-range consequences," says DellaPergola. In 1939 there were 16.5 million Jews in the world, and in 1945 the number was estimated at 11 million, he said. In an article to be published soon in the journal Bishvil Hazikaron of the International School for Holocaust Studies at Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, Prof. DellaPergola provides his analyses of the demographic damage to the Jewish people resulting from the Holocaust

Amen, Achi.

But is it wrong when was wish to know and to ask why HaShem took those pure young souls so early away from us?:(

06546.jpg

Indeed we live in a time of Hester Panim, we see that alot when sometimes injustice takes the upper hand. Everything DOES have a reason, but we still cry and mourn for those who didn't get to live happy and long lives, and those who deserved it but could not.

We want Moshiach NOW.

Amen, Achi.

But is it wrong when was wish to know and to ask why HaShem took those pure young souls so early away from us?:(

06546.jpg

Indeed we live in a time of Hester Panim, we see that alot when sometimes injustice takes the upper hand. Everything DOES have a reason, but we still cry and mourn for those who didn't get to live happy and long lives, and those who deserved it but could not.

We want Moshiach NOW.

No... We all cry for those babies, it's hard for me to even look at that picture, but now we are back in our land, and strong. You who live there are a step above us who don't. It is because of people like you that the Moshiach will come sooner rather than later...That's my view anyway.

Amen, Achi.

06546.jpg

We want Moshiach NOW.

No... We all cry for those babies, it's hard for me to even look at that picture, but now we are back in our land, and strong. You who live there are a step above us who don't. It is because of people like you that the Moshiach will come sooner rather than later...That's my view anyway.

Thank you! :redface: That's a very nice thing you've just said.

It is not just us, though. We are lucky because we have the back of thousands and millions of Jews who don't live in Israel but will gladly do Mesirut Nefesh for our inheritence and our people:clap2:

Amen, Achi.

06546.jpg

We want Moshiach NOW.

It is not just us, though. We are lucky because we have the back of thousands and millions of Jews who don't live in Israel but will gladly do Mesirut Nefesh for our inheritence and our people:clap2:

Lipush, we should remember that the Holocaust was a man-made disaster. I have more problems understanding earthquakes or tsunamis than understanding the Holocaust. Hashem gave ppl the choice of free will to do good or evil, so that we're not robots. The Nazis chose to do evil. Let's blame the Nazis, not Hashem for the Holocaust.

Lipush, we should remember that the Holocaust was a man-made disaster. I have more problems understanding earthquakes or tsunamis than understanding the Holocaust. Hashem gave ppl the choice of free will to do good or evil, so that we're not robots. The Nazis chose to do evil. Let's blame the Nazis, not Hashem for the Holocaust.

Where did I say we "blame" Hashem? I said things happen for a reason, out of evil comes the good, that's how it's always been with us.

it was 11 million people. 6 million jews and 5 million catholics, gays, gypsies and political prisoners.

but none of those other groups was wiped out by the holocaust.

those individuals of different ethnicities and religions are no less dead and for some of us, no less mourned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back