New 2nd Amendment Test Shows Gun Owners How to Own Properly

How to think should be taught in schools.

A lot more violence would be avoided.

The new 2nd Amendment Test doesn't infringe on anyone's Rights to own a gun, unless they are too stupid to own one.

The Program shows situations where children got ahold of their parents guns and ways to prevent it. It ensures or hopes "parents" in the future won't allow this to happen via the shared information.

The program shows that a gun is not a toy. I know, many adults will be heartbroken... :Boom2:

The program will teach the RESPONSIBLE time to shoot. We have all seen people just guessing lately. (Criminals running away is not the time to shoot and kill, big news to some) It will teach the correct way to store a gun and teach the many types of safe's you can use depending on your personal scenario. It will teach what type of weapon is best suited for your need, unless your need is for toys and/or murder.

But this program is not real, it's fake. I made it up. This program would require Regulation of the Militia.
The program IS real.

Its taught by the NRA and other gun safety schools all across the country.

BTW...why did you bring up the Militia? There is no Militia requirement in the 2nd Amendment.
The new 2nd Amendment Test doesn't infringe on anyone's Rights to own a gun, unless they are too stupid to own one.

The Program shows situations where children got ahold of their parents guns and ways to prevent it. It ensures or hopes "parents" in the future won't allow this to happen via the shared information.

The program shows that a gun is not a toy. I know, many adults will be heartbroken... :Boom2:

The program will teach the RESPONSIBLE time to shoot. We have all seen people just guessing lately. (Criminals running away is not the time to shoot and kill, big news to some) It will teach the correct way to store a gun and teach the many types of safe's you can use depending on your personal scenario. It will teach what type of weapon is best suited for your need, unless your need is for toys and/or murder.

But this program is not real, it's fake. I made it up. This program would require Regulation of the Militia.
The program IS real.

BTW...why did you bring up the Militia? There is no Militia requirement in the 2nd Amendment.

You obviously missed the point that it is voluntary.

There are lot's of things that should be voluntary in America, such as Religion. Education for gun owners should not be. Every case of gun violence is due to a gun owner that did not take that voluntary course.

People scream "cars kill more people" when cars can't legally be owned unless they pass a stupidity test!

Or perhaps someone here is willing to tell me stupid people have the RIGHT to own a gun under the 2A. Because someone taking responsibility for what is happening today is what would happen.
What?

Stupid people have the right to vote, don't they? Do you also think they should be mandated to take some kind of course in politics before being allowed to vote?

A right is a right, and our country does not license or require a level of competence to exercise that right. We already make exceptions to that by denying mentally ill people the right to own a gun. Requiring a safety course is an infringement, and forbidden under the 2nd.

BTW....you don't have a right to a car.

Gun safety should be taught in schools
Avoiding the dangers of firearms at least, yes.
Philosophy should be taught.
The history of religion should be taught.
The truth about how the human mind functions should be taught.
These steps might produce individuals a bit more free from the limited world view where obsession with material goods leads to such excesses.

The program IS real.

The program IS real.

There are lot's of things that should be voluntary in America, such as Religion. Education for gun owners should not be. Every case of gun violence is due to a gun owner that did not take that voluntary course.

People scream "cars kill more people" when cars can't legally be owned unless they pass a stupidity test!

Or perhaps someone here is willing to tell me stupid people have the RIGHT to own a gun under the 2A. Because someone taking responsibility for what is happening today is what would happen.
What?

Stupid people have the right to vote, don't they? Do you also think they should be mandated to take some kind of course in politics before being allowed to vote?

A right is a right, and our country does not license or require a level of competence to exercise that right. We already make exceptions to that by denying mentally ill people the right to own a gun. Requiring a safety course is an infringement, and forbidden under the 2nd.

So, three-year-olds have the right to bear arms.

By the way, 'militia' does appear in the 2nd.

The program IS real.

The program IS real.

What?

So, three-year-olds have the right to bear arms.

By the way, 'militia' does appear in the 2nd.
I'll invite you to read this, maybe then you'll finally understand that the militia has no bearing on the citizens right to keep and bear arrms..

It should come as no surprise that there are so many obvious problems with reading the operative clause of the Second Amendment to protect any sort of right belonging to state governments. If the Constitution had simply provided that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," nobody could maintain with a straight face that the provision could mean anything other than that individuals have that right. Doubts about the plain and obvious meaning of that clause have been raised only because of the prefatory phrase "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State . . . . "

Before looking at these words more closely, we should pause to focus on a few things that the Second Amendment does not say:

1. It emphatically does not say that it protects the right of the militia to keep and bear arms.
  2. Nor does the Second Amendment say that the people's right to arms is sufficient to establish a well regulated militia, or that a well regulated militia is sufficient for the security of a free state.
  3. Nor does the Second Amendment say that the right of the people to keep and bears arms is protected only to the extent that such a right fosters a well regulated militia or the security of a free state.
A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

And I'll invite you to read the entire primer....

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

If after reading that you still don't understand, then we have nothing to discuss.

Instruction on how a militia is well-ordered cannot reasonably be interpreted as infringement.

The program IS real.

The program IS real.

No....you are wrong....every case of gun violence is due to a criminal using a tool. And cars are not a right.......for example....should everyone be required to take a course in libel and slander, at their own expense, in before they are allowed to post on the internet, write a book, write into the local newspaper...since libel and slander are also against the law.....should all laptops, computers and tablets be registered....you know......so the police can track who is saying what to who on which device.........and if you don't register all of your devices you will be subject to fines and arrest?

The program IS real.

The program IS real.

What?

The democrats tried this with poll taxes and literacy tests when they tried to keep blacks from voting....if poll taxes are unconstitutional, then fees for gun ownership are unconstitutional, and if a literacy test, and a test for pollitical knowledge is unconstitutional, so are any mandatory courses for owning guns.....

Forum List

Back