New Bullets Mean Certain Death

Maybe this bullet can get this into the low to mid 90's? Gotta love progress...

"Suicide is the 10th-leading cause of death in the U.S.; in 2010, 38,364 people killed themselves. In more than half of these cases, they used firearms. Indeed, more people in this country kill themselves with guns than with all other intentional means combined, including hanging, poisoning or overdose, jumping, or cutting.

"Though guns are not the most common method by which people attempt suicide, they are the most lethal. About 85 percent of suicide attempts with a firearm end in death. (Drug overdose, the most widely used method in suicide attempts, is fatal in less than 3 percent of cases.) Moreover, guns are an irreversible solution to what is often a passing crisis. Suicidal individuals who take pills or inhale car exhaust or use razors have time to reconsider their actions or summon help. With a firearm, once the trigger is pulled, there’s no turning back."
Guns & Suicide: The Hidden Toll | Magazine Features | Harvard School of Public Health Magazine Features

:eusa_boohoo:

Riiiiiight. :doubt:

Let's go snipe hunting...you can hold the bag and the flashlight, and we'll flush 'em right to ya.

Aw, yes, the old snipe hunt. I remember my first one. As you know, snipe really exist, but are notoriously hard to hunt. Hence, reportedly the origin of the word sniper.

My first snipe hunt at 15 years old I shot 24 out of 25. Never forget that day.

My second was an arranged hunt for my nephews who I sent into the bush of the Texas hill country banging rocks together and saying "whodee who,whodee who" Needless to say they didnt nab shit.....Oh yeah,they were from Minnesota.:D
I used to hunt refrigerators when I was 15 with a 12 gauge shot gun. Killed a wood pecker once. Didn't like the idea of a dead wood pecker serving no purpose so didn't do it again.
Killing for food, that's different. Somebody has to.

The most amusing posts on this thread, aside from those who don't know shit about what they're talking about, are the "gun grabber" posts. As a lifelong hunter and avid gun enthusiast, I strongly support universal background checks. I don't understand why anyone would oppose that.

I support gun dealers doing background checks.

Do you want private sales to do them as well?

If I don't know the person, yes, I would favor a background check. On the person alone, no gun data at all.

The most amusing posts on this thread, aside from those who don't know shit about what they're talking about, are the "gun grabber" posts. As a lifelong hunter and avid gun enthusiast, I strongly support universal background checks. I don't understand why anyone would oppose that.

Yes.

Yes.

In order to call in to the NICS to do a background check, you have to be able to give your name, address, social security number and driver's license number.

Giving that to a business is one thing. Do you really think people should give that to someone who does not have a business and no way to find them if they steal your ID?

Yes.

In order to call in to the NICS to do a background check, you have to be able to give your name, address, social security number and driver's license number.

Giving that to a business is one thing. Do you really think people should give that to someone who does not have a business and no way to find them if they steal your ID?

If someone is going to steal your ID this is an automatic conviction (pretty easy to figure out where the breach came from) and if that is a concern I certainly wouldn't be buying a gun from them.

Yes.

Food for thought...

Universal Background Checks & the Private Sale Loophole Policy Summary

They already do background checks, it hasn't stopped the violence.

Can anyone state logically how a background check would have stopped any of the mass shootings?

So your solution is to do nothing?

Background checks cost money. That money could be used to do something that is actually productive don't you think? What point is there in doing something that provably doesn't work?

Can anyone state logically how a background check would have stopped any of the mass shootings?

So your solution is to do nothing?

As long as the mental health professionals refuse to submit their patient's names to be added to the database, it seems that a significant portion of the individuals we want disarmed are able to buy guns anywhere.

That isn't an answer.

Mass shootings attract mass media coverage - whereas MOST shootings do not.

You simply can't answer the question, can you? It's ok because smarter liberals than yourself have avoided the question too.

There is no simple answer for such a broad question. I could also ask the following: Would universal background checks not have saved any lives?

For universal background checks to be effective, there must be effective coordination between federal and state governments. They're not there yet - and probably won't be in my lifetime. No one is suggesting that shooting deaths can be legislatively eliminated - but they can be greatly reduced. I certainly feel safer when I'm on the highway, knowing that there are enforceable laws and penalties that help protect me from unauthorized and unsafe drivers. Otherwise, the highways would just be an unregulated nightmare.

Mass shootings attract mass media coverage - whereas MOST shootings do not.

You simply can't answer the question, can you? It's ok because smarter liberals than yourself have avoided the question too.

There is no simple answer for such a broad question. I could also ask the following: Would universal background checks not have saved any lives?

For universal background checks to be effective, there must be effective coordination between federal and state governments. They're not there yet - and probably won't be in my lifetime. No one is suggesting that shooting deaths can be legislatively eliminated - but they can be greatly reduced. I certainly feel safer when I'm on the highway, knowing that there are enforceable laws and penalties that help protect me from unauthorized and unsafe drivers. Otherwise, the highways would just be an unregulated nightmare.

It was a simple question. The problem is that the answer is not what you want to hear.

As for your question.........few, if any.

Forum List

Back