New CBS News Poll: Americans blame the Republicans for not averting the cuts

stop pretending you are a Republican, Tea party Try-hards...
give us a break, go join the Democrats

No, YOU stop pretending to be a Republican. You and the rest of the "Tea Party" are the embodiment of what you so affectionately refer to as RINOs. Ya know, that period when you arent stuffing your faces with chips and cheap beer. You are killing the party and you dont even know it. let me show you..Rasmussen reported Monday that the Tea Party’s popularity has plummeted and the organization is now, in fact, less popular than ever. According to the poll, only 30% of likely voters view the group favorably and nearly half categorized their opinion of them as unfavorable. Yes, That Rassmussen Poll, the last real conservative haven for polling. What were those numbers like in 09 before people knew who you really were?
You are killing the GOP and the country with a smile on your face. We have no time for the uneducated in todays politics, either learn soething on Foreign policy, economics or modern accepted social policies or go back to your NASCAR race. Either way I dont give a damn what you think you are entiteled to. (Sorry I had to do it for all you JAck fans out there)

Your ignorance is great, Grasshopper. You should definitely ponder the question of whether or not you know what is good for the Republican party. Unless the Republican party has something to offer the American people that is different from what the Democrats offer the American people, it doesn't matter whether we win or not. Power, for the sake of power, is not the goal. That is a left wing concept.

As a conservative, I am a Republican because it is the lesser of two evils. The tea party is a conservative subset of the Republican party, and is not to blame for the state the party finds itself in. They advocate for limited government, and fiscal responsibility, and they stand firm on those principles. Anyone who wishes to assign them blame for the current impass is either an ignorant ass, or a partisan Democrat.

Compromise is not a one way street. It means that both sides of the impass must be willing to concede something to reach an agreement. One side, the Democrats, cannot make unreasonable demands and then expect the Republicans to meet them halfway between unreasonable and reasonable.

When the tea party advocated default on the debt, they ceased to be any part of compromise.

The "Tea Party" is no more responsible for the decline of the Republican Party than you are for the fall of the Roman Empire.

Oh, really?

Christine O'Donnell
Sharon Angle
Richard Mourdock
Todd Akin
Joe Miller

Want me to continue?

If not for crazy teabaggers, the Republicans would control the House and the Senate.

So the sequester has kicked in. And nothing has happened. Teachers were not laid off. Police were not laid off. Social Security checks go out. The Dow hits new highs. What if they gave a sequester and no one noticed? People are going to blame the GOP for nothing happening? No, I dont think so. The GOP won the House in 2012. They will do so again in 2014. Good bye, "Speaker Pelosi".
It's only Wednesday, dumbass.

Graph from the OP.
Best-Method-of-Deficit_table_620_cropped-V03.jpg

Oh, and RandallFlagg, you need to stop that. You're killin' Synthaholic over here. :wink_2:

So the sequester has kicked in. And nothing has happened. Teachers were not laid off. Police were not laid off. Social Security checks go out. The Dow hits new highs. What if they gave a sequester and no one noticed? People are going to blame the GOP for nothing happening? No, I dont think so. The GOP won the House in 2012. They will do so again in 2014. Good bye, "Speaker Pelosi".

Napolitano has already told horror stories of increased wait times at airports.

Airports to Janet Napolitano: You're wrong about delays - Washington Times

From the OP.
A CBS News Poll conducted as the sequester cuts were about to begin finds that most (53 percent) percent say they personally will be affected by the cuts in the sequester.

From earlier post: :wink_2:

How many people weren't even paying attention a week ago?

Napolitano has already told horror stories of increased wait times at airports.

Airports to Janet Napolitano: You're wrong about delays - Washington Times

Perhaps you should widen you reading material.

Passengers already face airport delays at customs | Federal Times | federaltimes.com
Typically 25 percent to 40 percent of the lanes at two top international gateways — New York’s JFK airport and Miami International — would have been staffed with employees on overtime, according to the agency.

On Saturday morning at JFK, the agency says, passengers from 56 flights waited more than two hours to clear customs, and passengers from 14 flights waited longer than three hours. In Miami, passengers from 51 flights waited longer than two hours, and passengers from four flights had to wait longer than three hours.

“These wait times are not typical for this time period and are related to decreased booth staffing,” the agency says.

Even in Canada, Montreal’s CJAD news radio reports U.S.-bound passengers flying from Montreal’s-Trudeau Airport “are being greeted this week with posted advisories of possible delays while going (through) pre-boarding American customs checks.”

Meanless? Did you enjoy the beating in 2012? Because you're going to love 2016!

Republicans are going to have a very hard time holding on to the House in 2014 with all of their blunders. Obama is playing them like the great maestro, and they are playing right into his hand. It's getting funny to watch how Obama continues to manipulate them into doing one dumb thing after another. He knows they refuse to work with him, so he's doing all he can to see to their defeat in 2014.

How these guys got to the level of power they currently are in is beyond me. Who picked these Tea Party Try-hards to represent the Republican Party?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk]SARAH PALIN BOOK SIGNING - Interviews with Supporters - YouTube[/ame]​

Of those polled, if they responded tax increases should be instituted, the followup should have been, 'Would you personally be willing to pay more taxes to reduce the deficit/debt?'.
It's generally fine to increase taxes until it directly affects your own wallet.
The fact remains.....

.....it's a PROVEN Option!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

....And, we also know the SAME....

stop pretending you are a Republican, Tea party Try-hards...
give us a break, go join the Democrats

No, YOU stop pretending to be a Republican. You and the rest of the "Tea Party" are the embodiment of what you so affectionately refer to as RINOs. Ya know, that period when you arent stuffing your faces with chips and cheap beer. You are killing the party and you dont even know it. let me show you..Rasmussen reported Monday that the Tea Party’s popularity has plummeted and the organization is now, in fact, less popular than ever. According to the poll, only 30% of likely voters view the group favorably and nearly half categorized their opinion of them as unfavorable. Yes, That Rassmussen Poll, the last real conservative haven for polling. What were those numbers like in 09 before people knew who you really were?
You are killing the GOP and the country with a smile on your face. We have no time for the uneducated in todays politics, either learn soething on Foreign policy, economics or modern accepted social policies or go back to your NASCAR race. Either way I dont give a damn what you think you are entiteled to. (Sorry I had to do it for all you JAck fans out there)

Your ignorance is great, Grasshopper. You should definitely ponder the question of whether or not you know what is good for the Republican party. Unless the Republican party has something to offer the American people that is different from what the Democrats offer the American people, it doesn't matter whether we win or not. Power, for the sake of power, is not the goal. That is a left wing concept.

As a conservative, I am a Republican because it is the lesser of two evils. The tea party is a conservative subset of the Republican party, and is not to blame for the state the party finds itself in. They advocate for limited government, and fiscal responsibility, and they stand firm on those principles. Anyone who wishes to assign them blame for the current impass is either an ignorant ass, or a partisan Democrat.

Compromise is not a one way street. It means that both sides of the impass must be willing to concede something to reach an agreement. One side, the Democrats, cannot make unreasonable demands and then expect the Republicans to meet them halfway between unreasonable and reasonable.

heres a tip for you.

The founders sis not design a system in which the minority of the minority get to make the laws for everyone.

Does Democracy mean anything to you?

When the tea party advocated default on the debt, they ceased to be any part of compromise.

The Tea Party never advocated that, you dishonest little tramp.

heres a tip for you.

The founders sis not design a system in which the minority of the minority get to make the laws for everyone.

Your ignorance is showing again, TM...

What the Founding Fathers designed was a system in which the rights of the minority were protected. They did so by making it difficult, even for a majority, to change the Constitution. That isn't a bad thing...that's a good thing.

heres a tip for you.

Your ignorance is showing again, TM...

What the Founding Fathers designed was a system in which the rights of the minority were protected. They did so by making it difficult, even for a majority, to change the Constitution. That isn't a bad thing...that's a good thing.

I missed that iwth Citizens United.

Probably 90%+ of CBS viewers are low information voters... you know, the mental giants still rambling on about Boooooossshhhhhhhhhh...........

America is finally catching on to the Republicans

oh for sure, because a CBS poll says so...
:lmao:

Hey, how about Obama's approval rating dropping to the low 40's, is that America finally catching on to him and Democrats?

No, not because a CBS poll says so... because the American people say so, the CBS poll is just the messenger. But you knew that.

Forum List

Back