New deal with Cuba

Advisors: Mr. President there is a long list of important issues foreign and domestic that require your immediate attention.

Obama: I want to work on Cuba.

Advisors: (stunned silence)

Yes it is not like he shouldn't be working on how to fix Obamacare or anything.
I thought you guys were gunna repeal it?
If the Supreme Court rules the subsidies that people who signed up through the federal exchange are getting is illegal that may very be the beginning of the end for it.

It is going to piss off alot of people in Red States who turned down a chance to create a state run exchange. Blue states get subsidies, red states don't
Most in red states did not support Obamacare to start with so I doubt they will be overly pissed. It seems to me if anyone was going to be pissed at someone it would be the administration who told them they could get a subsidies through the federal exchange even though they new as the law was written that was not true

Advisors: Mr. President there is a long list of important issues foreign and domestic that require your immediate attention.

Obama: I want to work on Cuba.

Advisors: (stunned silence)

If the Supreme Court rules the subsidies that people who signed up through the federal exchange are getting is illegal that may very be the beginning of the end for it.

It is going to piss off alot of people in Red States who turned down a chance to create a state run exchange. Blue states get subsidies, red states don't
Most in red states did not support Obamacare to start with so I doubt they will be overly pissed. It seems to me if anyone was going to be pissed at someone it would be the administration who told them they could get a subsidies through the federal exchange even though they new as the law was written that was not true

Yup...and your REPUBLICAN legislature turned down subsidies

Damn that Obama!

Damn that Obama!
Not denying the states did not set up the exchanges but that does not change the fact Obama then told people they could get them through the federal exchange even though the bill he signed into law said otherwise.

In the upside down world of Obama, Cubans and Chinese get free unfettered economic growth, while Americans get Dodd-Frank, Carbon footprints and ObamaCare

This is all about obama getting to meet his idol. Che is dead. Fidel is old. Obama needs to make his obesience.

Damn that Obama!
Not denying the states did not set up the exchanges but that does not change the fact Obama then told people they could get them through the federal exchange even though the bill he signed into law said otherwise.

Yup

And it was REPUBLICANS who challenged those subsidies in court

They didn't think free trade was treason and CEOs should be hung in the 1950s, komrade.

Edit - Communists did though.

did communists have an opinion on trade one way or the other in the 1950's.

Back in the 1950's,w e didn't have 'free trade". We put heavy tariffs on goods to protect our markets.

And when CEO's were caught stealing, they went to jail, like they should. No one ever said, Too Big To Fail.

We did have free trade in the 1950s. There was a concerted effort after WWII to avoid the isolationist policies of the first half of the century, which led to all sorts of international agreements to open borders to commerce, including creating GATT. Tariffs in 1960 were lower than they were in 1950, and were lower still in 1970, and even lower in 1980. The Eisenhower administration was a big proponent of free trade and spearheaded these arrangements.

Executives who steal go to jail here too. See Enron, Worldcom, Tyco, etc. Your psychotic bloodlust isn't relevant.

Damn that Obama!

Yup

Yes because the government was doing something according to the bill they passed and the President signed into law they are not allowed to do which is give subsides to those who signed up for Obamacare through the federal exchange. If you want those people to get subsides fine go to Congress and amend the law.

Damn that Obama!

Yup

Yes because the government was doing something according to the bill they passed and the President signed into law they are not allowed to do which is give subsides to those who signed up for Obamacare through the federal exchange. If you want those people to get subsides fine go to Congress and amend the law.

Soooo....
What we have is:
Republicans blocked forming health exchanges
Republicans wouldn't allow Medicaid subsidies
Republicans sued to end Federal subsidies in their states

Damned Obama

Lotta folks in south florida had everything they had stolen from them by Castro. Rubio is kissing their ass right now.

Someone had to.

Doesn't matter - we can't undo that and it's time to move on.

We can influence them a lot more with our tourism and cigar dollars than we can with a cold shoulder.

Yeah. Just like China.

:slap:

Damn that Obama!

Yup

Soooo....
What we have is:

Damned Obama
What we have is Republicans making Obama abide by the bill he signed into law and that was passed solely by the Democratic Party. If the left does not like this part of Obamacare maybe they should have read the bill before they passed it instead of following the Nancy Pelosi model of pass it then find out what's in it.

Damn that Obama!

Yup

Soooo....
What we have is:

Damned Obama
What we have is Republicans making Obama abide by the bill he signed into law and that was passed solely by the Democratic Party. If the left does not like this part of Obamacare maybe they should have read the bill before they passed it instead of following the Nancy Pelosi model of pass it then find out what's in it.

What we have is Republicans punishing their own citizens over a tantrum about Obamacare

Yup

Soooo....
What we have is:

Damned Obama

What we have is Republicans punishing their own citizens over a tantrum about Obamacare
What we have are Democrats trying to blame Republicans for the bad bill they wrote,passed,and signed into law.

Latin American historian Thomas E. Skidmore says there had been 550 executions in the first six months of 1959.[20] British historian Hugh Thomas, in his study Cuba or the pursuit of freedom[21] stated that "perhaps" 5,000 executions had taken place by 1970,[20] while The World Handbook of Political and Social Indicators ascertained that there had been 2,113 political executions between the years of 1958-67.[20]
Professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, Rudolph J. Rummel estimated the number of political executions at between 4,000 and 33,000 from 1958–87, with a mid range of 15,000.[22]
One estimate from The Black Book of Communism is that throughout Cuba 15,000–17,000 people were executed.
They must be trying to emulate Texas or something.

Time to start planning your Cuba vacation. It should be worth the trip just to see all the old cars.

Yeah you liberals can tour the Cuban prisons and mock the political prisoners the communist thugs threw in jail, enjoy. /sarcasm
Sure, and while on the island, conservatives can go visit Gitmo and mock the political prisoners the neocon thugs threw in jail, enjoy. /sarcasm

Forum List

Back