New deal with Cuba

Time to start planning your Cuba vacation. It should be worth the trip just to see all the old cars.

Yeah you liberals can tour the Cuban prisons and mock the political prisoners the communist thugs threw in jail, enjoy. /sarcasm
Sure, and while on the island, conservatives can go visit Gitmo and mock the political prisoners the neocon thugs threw in jail, enjoy. /sarcasm

So terrorists intent on killing Americans are now "political prisoners"? That's a new low even for liberals.

r-OBAMA-huge.jpg

It’s been a bad year. But the president is closing strong.

OBAMA LIBRE

President Obama deserves the Medal of Freedom!

No, it's not. That's just your way of saying you can't back it up, so you're running away.
You're just being purposely obtuse, THAT was what I meant. Sorry, you'll have to turn in your crystal ball. Your mind reading skills are bogus.

Big government tit milking Kaz always lies & everyone knows it.

Another commie wishing Obama had the testosterone Putin has I see

Obama has penis envy for Putin, that's why you hate him so much.

Advisors: Mr. President there is a long list of important issues foreign and domestic that require your immediate attention.

Obama: I want to work on Cuba.

Advisors: (stunned silence)

Yes it is not like he shouldn't be working on how to fix Obamacare or anything.
I thought you guys were gunna repeal it?

Give them a little time......They've only tried a little more than 50 times. They're just little republicans after all.

Why does the left celebrate the Democrat's tyranny, lies, and corruption?

Why does the right keep doing the same dumb crap expecting a different outcome?

A swap of prisoners and sweeping new policies kick start a new era of relations with Cuba. Considering the policies in force since 1961 have done little, it could lead to more normal relations with the soon-to-be post-Castro Cuba.

Cuba releases American Alan Gross in prisoner swap - CNN.com
When can we go fishing?

My nephew just went to Cuba; I am sure he will claim credit for the policy change, but, really, he is down there chasing communist pussy.

LOL!

No, it's not. That's just your way of saying you can't back it up, so you're running away.
You're just being purposely obtuse, THAT was what I meant. Sorry, you'll have to turn in your crystal ball. Your mind reading skills are bogus.

Yes, people who don't want anything from government are milking government tits and those of you who want other people's money are fiercely independent and the true contributors to society. Liberals are so smart, I don't know how you come up with those incredible insights.

All this liberal cum swapping over expecting "different outcomes"....
Cubans need to fight their own revolucion, until they do they are of no concern of ours....

Well, you wingers love Pooty-poot, the former KGB goon, what's the big deal about Castro? He's got one foot in the grave anyway and his brother is an old fart too.

Another eight year old heard from, thanks for that insight, boozer.
Always glad to help a 6 year old, even if he's a derp.
LOL, nothing can say clearer that you have nothing than to repeat my own line back to me.

You haven't explained your side. What is to be gained by continuing this 50+ year embargo on Cuba? What will be the excuse when Castro is dead and gone? Why is it OK for the US to have normal diplomatic and trade relations with the likes of Vietnam and China, where we have a lot more grievances with war dead, but we must at all costs maintain an embargo on our tiny, pissant neighbor?

Since you put it so nice, I'll answer your question. I have to answer two ways. The first is the broad solution, the second is the narrow one.

1) As a libertarian, I don't think it's for the government to regulate what people or companies do outside the US. I don't think we should have such a thing as embargoes unless we are in a declared war.

2) Given our current system, on the narrow case of Cuba, I would not remove the embargo unless we go to a broader libertarian system. I still oppose most embargoes even if we don't change the system. However, we as a country so badly screwed the Cuban people multiple times. First we took them in our only war of true aggression, the Spanish American war. We let them be ruled by a dictator, then we let him fall for a Marx who was worse. Then Kennedy murdered their freedom fighters in the Bay of Pigs by leading them to believe they had air cover then not providing it. That then scared Castro into allowing the Russians in full throttle and taking us to the brink of nuclear war. So at this point I view it as a matter for the Cuban people, and the best representative of the voice of the Cuban people are the free Cubans in Miami who want the embargo to remain.

ya... business should be unobstructed but intimate relationships should be governed by the gubmint, right:?

That has nothing to do with anything I said.

it does when people pretend they're "libertarians"

it's ok to pretend though

Yes, people who don't want anything from government are milking government tits and those of you who want other people's money are fiercely independent and the true contributors to society. Liberals are so smart, I don't know how you come up with those incredible insights.

your comment might be relevant if you understood the points raised.

but you don't.

however, if you want to talk about sucking from the gubmint, let's talk about how red states take more than they pay in taxes and blue states give more than they take

then let's talk about the fact that the county in the country that gets the most SNAP money is in Kentucky.

yep...now talk about liberals. :cuckoo:

Last edited:
Another eight year old heard from, thanks for that insight, boozer.
Always glad to help a 6 year old, even if he's a derp.
LOL, nothing can say clearer that you have nothing than to repeat my own line back to me.

You haven't explained your side. What is to be gained by continuing this 50+ year embargo on Cuba? What will be the excuse when Castro is dead and gone? Why is it OK for the US to have normal diplomatic and trade relations with the likes of Vietnam and China, where we have a lot more grievances with war dead, but we must at all costs maintain an embargo on our tiny, pissant neighbor?

Since you put it so nice, I'll answer your question. I have to answer two ways. The first is the broad solution, the second is the narrow one.

1) As a libertarian, I don't think it's for the government to regulate what people or companies do outside the US. I don't think we should have such a thing as embargoes unless we are in a declared war.

2) Given our current system, on the narrow case of Cuba, I would not remove the embargo unless we go to a broader libertarian system. I still oppose most embargoes even if we don't change the system. However, we as a country so badly screwed the Cuban people multiple times. First we took them in our only war of true aggression, the Spanish American war. We let them be ruled by a dictator, then we let him fall for a Marx who was worse. Then Kennedy murdered their freedom fighters in the Bay of Pigs by leading them to believe they had air cover then not providing it. That then scared Castro into allowing the Russians in full throttle and taking us to the brink of nuclear war. So at this point I view it as a matter for the Cuban people, and the best representative of the voice of the Cuban people are the free Cubans in Miami who want the embargo to remain.

ya... business should be unobstructed but intimate relationships should be governed by the gubmint, right:?

That has nothing to do with anything I said.

it does when people pretend they're "libertarians"

it's ok to pretend though

Yet another vacuous post, I never see anything else from you.

OK, I'll play, give me some examples of my views that are not libertarian?

I anticipate another non-answer. Prove me wrong.

your comment might be relevant if you understood the points raised.

but you don't.

however, if you want to talk about sucking from the gubmint, let's talk about how red states take more than they pay in taxes and blue states take more than they take

then let's talk about the fact that the county in the country that gets the most SNAP money is in Kentucky.

yep...now talk about liberals. :cuckoo:

I don't give a shit, why don't you argue that with a Republican. You both suck, they aren't libertarian. They are just you with the deck chairs arranged.

Advisors: Mr. President there is a long list of important issues foreign and domestic that require your immediate attention.

Obama: I want to work on Cuba.

Advisors: (stunned silence)

Yes it is not like he shouldn't be working on how to fix Obamacare or anything.
I thought you guys were gunna repeal it?

Give them a little time......They've only tried a little more than 50 times. They're just little republicans after all.

Why does the left celebrate the Democrat's tyranny, lies, and corruption?

Why does the right keep doing the same dumb crap expecting a different outcome?

Example? No of course you don't have one.

Forum List

Back