New Details on Boston Bombing

If sending Ricin to republican Senator Wicker is related to the bombing it was democrats or maybe OWS anarchists.

Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake but in reading news accounts I finally realized it was the intent of the bomber to spread shrapnel to the lower extremities. That's just plain ill.

No doubt it was meant more for injuries than kills. And it worked. Most important question is WHO.....

It is disturbing that nothing of significance appears to be coming out. I heard one of the officials says that "we have given you all that we have." I don't think that is totally true, but it would seem there is not even a clear direction.

And the authorities are doing something they never have. They are canvassing people who are boarding planes to see if they have pictures or videos. It seems there is very little to go on.

Do I recall correctly that it took authorities quite a while to find the correct person in the Atlanta bombings in 1996? They initially thought it was one of the guards on site. They will find the criminal, but it is going to take some time and maybe a few breaks.

FBI seeks images in Boston Marathon bomb probe; new details emerge on explosives - CBS News

Richard Barrett, the former U.N. coordinator for an al Qaeda and Taliban monitoring team who has also worked for British intelligence, said the relatively small size of the devices in Boston and the timing of the blasts suggest a domestic attack rather than an al Qaeda-inspired one.

"This happened on Patriots' Day — it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in — and Boston is quite a symbolic city," said Barrett, now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies.

It's strange the article you linked to does not have these paragraphs in it.

They are trying to grab people at Logan getting out of town who have marathon gear on and asking them if they have any pics or video from the day that they can share with the FBI for their investigation. Anything and everything at this point.

CaféAuLait;7100683 said:
FBI seeks images in Boston Marathon bomb probe; new details emerge on explosives - CBS News

Richard Barrett, the former U.N. coordinator for an al Qaeda and Taliban monitoring team who has also worked for British intelligence, said the relatively small size of the devices in Boston and the timing of the blasts suggest a domestic attack rather than an al Qaeda-inspired one.

"This happened on Patriots' Day — it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in — and Boston is quite a symbolic city," said Barrett, now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies.

It's strange the article you linked to does not have these paragraphs in it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I found the quote, This is not where I initially found it, but it is from the same wire.

Boston Bombs Said to Be Made From Pressure Cookers | RealClearPolitics

Richard Barrett, the former U.N. coordinator for an al-Qaida and Taliban monitoring team who has also worked for British intelligence, said the relatively small size of the devices in Boston and the timing of the blasts suggest a domestic attack rather than an al-Qaida-inspired one.

"This happened on Patriots' Day - it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in - and Boston is quite a symbolic city," said Barrett, now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies.

If the authorities are grabbing people at the airport. It doesn't look like they have any leads yet.

CaféAuLait;7100683 said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I found the quote, This is not where I initially found it, but it is from the same wire.

Boston Bombs Said to Be Made From Pressure Cookers | RealClearPolitics

Richard Barrett, the former U.N. coordinator for an al-Qaida and Taliban monitoring team who has also worked for British intelligence, said the relatively small size of the devices in Boston and the timing of the blasts suggest a domestic attack rather than an al-Qaida-inspired one.

"This happened on Patriots' Day - it is also the day Americans are supposed to have their taxes in - and Boston is quite a symbolic city," said Barrett, now senior director at the Qatar International Academy for Security Studies.

If the authorities are grabbing people at the airport. It doesn't look like they have any leads yet.

Okay thanks, I was wondering if they might have mentioned the 2004 memo by DHS and or the recent " Make a bomb in the kitchen with your Mom" video released not too long ago.

I had not heard anything about the airport yet though? What was said?

Well, I wouldn't try to google search for it right now, but they just had a short news peice on the local station on how much you can find out about building bombs like this on the internet. In fact, they had pictures of how you build a bomb from a pressure cooker and smokeless powder. And how to pack it with shrapnel. Also instuctions for detonating devices. Bad cess.

Well, I wouldn't try to google search for it right now, but they just had a short news peice on the local station on how much you can find out about building bombs like this on the internet. In fact, they had pictures of how you build a bomb from a pressure cooker and smokeless powder. And how to pack it with shrapnel. Also instuctions for detonating devices. Bad cess.

I just read an article about the same, its insane.

Pressure cooker bombs used around the world for years - U.S. News

The thing that kills me here is a race people are running, using their legs and those cheering them on end up losing them. The whole thing makes me sick. I just read of two brothers-- they each lost a leg. Looking at the news from yesterday and that man with both legs blown off is horrible. The carnage and pain are unimaginable.

Sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake but in reading news accounts I finally realized it was the intent of the bomber to spread shrapnel to the lower extremities. That's just plain ill.

Almost like someone has a grudge against people with healthy running legs......

I am sure that any disgruntled former marathon attendees are on a long list that the FBI is pursuing. The person will be caught...

A Lone Wolf is what the FBI fears the most. No trail....No Methods of Operation

Forum List

Back