New EPA head Scott Pruitt rejects CO2 as primary cause of global warming

If it isn't, then what is? Regardless of the answer to that question, it is a contributor. If not, Pruitt needs to explain what happens to the energy CO2 absorbs and why the increase in CO2 seen since the advent of the Industrial Revolution wouldn't also increase absorbed energy.
We could be at the advent of a whole new industrial revolution.
Like how to make hot coffee with the lukewarm photons that come from the CO2

If it isn't, then what is? Regardless of the answer to that question, it is a contributor. If not, Pruitt needs to explain what happens to the energy CO2 absorbs and why the increase in CO2 seen since the advent of the Industrial Revolution wouldn't also increase absorbed energy.

The last time there was this much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, modern humans didn't exist.

Megatoothed sharks prowled the oceans, the world's seas were up to 100 feet higher than they are today, and the global average surface temperature was up to 11°F warmer than it is now.

As we near the record for the highest CO2 concentration in human history — 400 parts per million —
climate scientists worry about where we were then, and where we're rapidly headed now.

According to data gathered at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii, the 400 ppm mark may briefly be exceeded this month, when CO2 typically hits a seasonal peak in the Northern Hemisphere, although it is more likely to take a couple more years until it stays above that threshold, according to Ralph Keeling, a researcher at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
The Last Time CO2 Was This High, Humans Didn’t Exist

So what is so bad about having Megatooth Sharks and the world's seas 100 feet higher?
More inland construction it sounds like for me in Florida!
Wow the Gulf of Mexico will be right out my back porch! GREAT!!!

So what is so bad about having Megatooth Sharks and the world's seas 100 feet higher?

TREE:

Your post is so full of inaccuracies that I cannot tell if you are supporting AGW, or mocking it. The only thing you got right is that Humans did not Exist.

Please tell us what period or ERA CO2 was this high.
And then please back up your claim that this is some kind of record.

I will even help you. There have been only two other times in Earth's History where CO2 was this LOW. Both were Ice Ages, and we are currently in an ICE AGE.

There is your head start. Now go do some REAL RESEARCH.

Did you ever follow the link I supplied? I have NO IDEA about CO2! I just did a search and found out the above link tells me CO2 was above 400 during the Megatooth sharks period and sea levels were 100 feet higher ... ALL without fossil fuel burning... unless maybe a straggle of camp fires? Would that be enough CO2?

He says it is very difficult to measure actual human influence and that the research and the debate need to carry on.

Then he canned the entire climate research department and explained to his interviewer why the EPA itself should be disbanded.

"Giving pink slips to scientists across the federal government, including 43% of EPA scientists, and proposing to eliminate the US Climate Global Research Program in its entirety makes one question who this administration will rely on for scientific research and facts." --Gina McCarthy, former EPA head

"Pruitt loves baseball so put it this way: An EPA head denying science is like [Derek] Jeter refusing to use a bat. He'd be fired and so should Pruitt," -- Michael Brune, Executive Head of the Sierra Club.

What an admirable bunch are American conservatives under the leadership of an ignorant, mentally unstable fool like Donald Trump. Exceptionally so. Eh?
Water vapor is the primary cause of so-called Global Warming
Sigh. Alt Right malarkey.
or fakey jakey back in pretendland.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

If you cannot answer that question, you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change.

Antarctic Sea Ice Has Not Shrunk In 100 Years
Antarctic sea ice had barely changed from where it was 100 years ago, scientists have discovered, after pouring over the logbooks of great polar explorers such as Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton. Experts were concerned that ice at the South Pole had declined significantly since the 1950s, which they feared was driven by man-made climate change. But new analysis suggests that conditions are now virtually identical to when the Terra Nova and Endurance sailed to the continent in the early 1900s, indicating that declines are part of a natural cycle and not the result of global warming. –Sarah Knapton, The Daily Telegraph, 24 November 2016

1) Antarctic Sea Ice Has Not Shrunk In 100 Years, Scott And Shackleton Logbooks Prove

LOL

S_iqr_timeseries.png

S_daily_extent.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Sea ice lowest in satellite record.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9 times the ice of the other?

If you cannot answer that question, you know precisely nothing about Earth climate change.

Antarctic sea ice had barely changed from where it was 100 years ago, scientists have discovered, after pouring over the logbooks of great polar explorers such as Robert Falcon Scott and Ernest Shackleton. Experts were concerned that ice at the South Pole had declined significantly since the 1950s, which they feared was driven by man-made climate change. But new analysis suggests that conditions are now virtually identical to when the Terra Nova and Endurance sailed to the continent in the early 1900s, indicating that declines are part of a natural cycle and not the result of global warming. –Sarah Knapton, The Daily Telegraph, 24 November 2016

1) Antarctic Sea Ice Has Not Shrunk In 100 Years, Scott And Shackleton Logbooks Prove

LOL

S_iqr_timeseries.png

S_daily_extent.png

Arctic Sea Ice News and Analysis | Sea ice data updated daily with one-day lag

Sea ice lowest in satellite record.

I've come to the conclusion that liberterians and extreme conservatives are the most blind and dense people in this country. What clowns.

But YOU are the only one who has not answered that question.

La Dumbkopf hasn't a clue in his little pointy head.

Here we have all our 'Conservatives' celebrating the ascension of an ignoramous to an decisive position in government. Pruitt believes that he knows more than Phd physicists. The dumb asshole really isn't able to read even a simple science article. He is the classic dumb ass Okie, that has given everyone else from that state a black eye.

Here is what people on the left are just not getting............

They think skeptics are some fringe entity in this country, which is laughable. They think because there is consensus amongst a few dozen climate scientists, there is no more debate. In their world, its a sacred cow kind of thing........but to most people, its a snoozefest. This is exactly why the EPA is getting whacked in the head with a baseball bat. Because it can.:coffee:

Ummm..........Pruitt whacking the EPA means the debate is light years from being settled. In fact, the administration is proceeding as if the alarmist view is a relic of a former era. And how can they do this? Simple........the masses are hardly concerned with global warming in 2017. Its not even debatable. In the last 10 years, interest has fizzled out almost completely which we know because zero climate legislation has passed in many, many years. Absolutely nobody is calling their representative.........who cant connect the dots on that?:bye1:

As is pretty much everything in life..........its all about the politics s0ns. And right now, the folks on the left are losing hugely.....frankly, if I was near the National Academy of Sciences headquarters, I be pulling up with a Thanksgiving Day Parade sized giant balloon in the form of a bumpy cucumber if I could..........with a big old smile painted on the side.:spinner:

Oh by the way.......this is only going to get worse for the alarmist contingent before it gets better. This is just the beginning......the bumpy's are going to be getting bigger as the Paris Treaty is on the radar.:blowup:

And non-religious climate people need to remember............across the country, millions of small business owners who have been suffering for years are thrilled now. Don't take my word for it.........go talk to them. The left has been fucking them in the ass for years with their mental case radical-confused obsessions.........while they get taxed to shit and have their health insurance go up by THOUANDS/month plus all the silly-ass EPA regulations designed to screw them. Small business across America are rejoicing because the trickle-up poverty economic policies are a thing of the past. :popcorn:

Now they matter........and fuck the feelings of those on the left. Now you have the nosebleed seats. Enjoy 'em s0ns!:itsok:

As I have often asked, why do those who buy that product not simply do their duty to humanity and stop exhaling all their carbon dioxide?

What a clever young man. No one has EVER thought of that cute little argument before.

How about, as a service to the reader, you tell us WHERE the carbon dioxide that humans exhale came from and how it might differ to the planet from the carbon dioxide contained in coal and oil deposits? Eh?

As I have often asked, why do those who buy that product not simply do their duty to humanity and stop exhaling all their carbon dioxide?

What a clever young man. No one has EVER thought of that cute little argument before.

How about, as a service to the reader, you tell us WHERE the carbon dioxide that humans exhale came from and how it might differ to the planet from the carbon dioxide contained in coal and oil deposits? Eh?

Oh Gawd!! Is that the next chapter in the ruse strategy? Good luck with that one s0n!!:bye1:

Hilarious how someone like me comes at this from a logical and factual angle and we get "Religious Arguments" from the Left.

Here's my question for Lefty:

When are you going to march in the streets to protest Beer Bubbles and demand Americans drink Flat Beer, Flat Sodas, Flat Champagne, Eat Flat Bread, and demand the banning of all cheese, cake, yogurts and other foods with active cultures or that require CO2 as part of the process of their being made?

Congrats lefty, not only are you at war with America you apparently are engaged in a Jihad against Beer Bubbles!

And you wonder why people laugh at you.

Last edited:

The last time there was this much carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Earth's atmosphere, modern humans didn't exist.

Megatoothed sharks prowled the oceans, the world's seas were up to 100 feet higher than they are today, and the global average surface temperature was up to 11°F warmer than it is now.

As we near the record for the highest CO2 concentration in human history — 400 parts per million —
climate scientists worry about where we were then, and where we're rapidly headed now.

According to data gathered at the Mauna Loa Observatory in Hawaii, the 400 ppm mark may briefly be exceeded this month, when CO2 typically hits a seasonal peak in the Northern Hemisphere, although it is more likely to take a couple more years until it stays above that threshold, according to Ralph Keeling, a researcher at the Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
The Last Time CO2 Was This High, Humans Didn’t Exist

TREE:

Your post is so full of inaccuracies that I cannot tell if you are supporting AGW, or mocking it. The only thing you got right is that Humans did not Exist.

Please tell us what period or ERA CO2 was this high.
And then please back up your claim that this is some kind of record.

I will even help you. There have been only two other times in Earth's History where CO2 was this LOW. Both were Ice Ages, and we are currently in an ICE AGE.

There is your head start. Now go do some REAL RESEARCH.

Did you ever follow the link I supplied? I have NO IDEA about CO2! I just did a search and found out the above link tells me CO2 was above 400 during the Megatooth sharks period and sea levels were 100 feet higher ... ALL without fossil fuel burning... unless maybe a straggle of camp fires? Would that be enough CO2?

There is no reason to read anything you wrote when you are factually incorrect. One of my degrees is in geology and my assessment of you is that your head is full of rocks.

image277.gif

Homo sapiens appeared in pretty much the right most pixel of that graphic. What bearing do you think it might have on human culture?

Homo sapiens appeared in pretty much the right most pixel of that graphic. What bearing do you think it might have on human culture?

Homo Sapiens appeared in the Cenozoic when global temps were 25 degrees C and CO2 was 800 ppm

Today's global average temps are 14 degrees C and CO2 is about 400 ppm .

Those are facts.

Homo Sapiens appeared in the Cenozoic when global temps were 25 degrees C and CO2 was 800 ppm

Today's global average temps are 14 degrees C and CO2 is about 400 ppm .

Those are facts.

Homo sapiens appeared 200,000 years ago, the last three tenths of one percent of the Cenozoic, pretty much - as I said - in the rightmost pixel of that graphic. CO2 levels were about 230 ppm and temperatures were about 3.8C LOWER than today's temperature. CO2 has NEVER been higher than its current level in the last million years, much less in human history.

And, let me get this straight, you claim to have a degree in geology? Someone with a geology degree would much more likely have said they appeared in the Middle Paleolithic. I had to look that up; I only knew "200,000 years". But you should have known and you did not.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back