New "genius" plan for food stamps.

Remember when Mrs. Obama talked about healthy food and the Republicans ranted and cried and screamed, "HOW DARE SHE TELL US WHAT TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

What's your point? She wasn't elected, held no office and had no business telling us what to feed our children.
So it's OK for elected officials to not only tell you what to eat, but send you what they feel you should eat. What if one told you to "eat this"? Would you? After all, they were elected.

If it cuts down on waste and fraud yes. You're trying to compare apples and oranges, Derp. We pay for our children's meals and I won't have some fat ass like Mooch tell me what I will or will not feed my children. It's absolutely none of her business...or yours.

they are saying YOU don't get to buy lunch unless you eat what we say!!!
BS--they are FORCING it down the kid's proverbial throats

EAT WHAT WE TELL YOU TO EAT
You ever heard of parents packing a lunch? I used to send one with my guy when the caf had something he didn't like. You know--make a sandwich or send a mini thermos with ravioli or mac and cheese, some fruit. Like that.
what about the kids/parents that WANT to buy??

EAT WHAT WE TELL YOU TO EAT--nazi bastards
AND--it doesn't work--the kids throw the food away!!!
You know what, you're not even trying to be sensible here.
Genetics plays a role in obesity
It is now well established that overweight and the different forms of obesity are conditions tending to concentrate within a family. Obesity risk is two to eight times higher for a person with a family history as opposed to a person with no family history of obesity,

this is a no brainer!!!!!!!!
it's more of a genetic problem
you will not change the children's habits in just one meal
they are throwing the food away

Schools dropping physical education isn't helping either.
Republicans cut school funding. Something has to be cut. Schools do the best they can.

You ever heard of parents packing a lunch? I used to send one with my guy when the caf had something he didn't like. You know--make a sandwich or send a mini thermos with ravioli or mac and cheese, some fruit. Like that.

It is now well established that overweight and the different forms of obesity are conditions tending to concentrate within a family. Obesity risk is two to eight times higher for a person with a family history as opposed to a person with no family history of obesity,

And elementary schools skipping recess.

If it’s genetic, then fat people must be reproducing at a greater rate.

Thanks for that mental image......:puke:

Remember when Mrs. Obama talked about healthy food and the Republicans ranted and cried and screamed, "HOW DARE SHE TELL US WHAT TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!"?

What's your point? She wasn't elected, held no office and had no business telling us what to feed our children.
So it's OK for elected officials to not only tell you what to eat, but send you what they feel you should eat. What if one told you to "eat this"? Would you? After all, they were elected.

If it cuts down on waste and fraud yes. You're trying to compare apples and oranges, Derp. We pay for our children's meals and I won't have some fat ass like Mooch tell me what I will or will not feed my children. It's absolutely none of her business...or yours.

When did Obama tell you what to feed your children???

1. It’s one school, not the whole Chicago Public School system.

2. The article is from 2011.

Still happened.
If you'll do a google search you'll find more instances of this insanity.

That instance happened 7 years ago. You’ve provided nothing to support that it’s still happening or that there are other schools implementing the rule.

I’m not going to do your homework.

It's really easy.
It took me all of five seconds to google it.

Great. Show me the link you found of something recent.

You do know Michael and barry no longer reside in the White House right?

Still happened.

That instance happened 7 years ago. You’ve provided nothing to support that it’s still happening or that there are other schools implementing the rule.

It's really easy.

Right. The Obamas vacated in early 2017.

6 years after your quoted article.

But nice try.

Yea sure. Like you ever told the school what you wanted your kids fed. Don't make me laugh.
But here's one question you sidestepped. What if and ELECTED OFFICIAL told you to "eat this"? Would you? After all, they were elected.

Genetics plays a role; it is not ALL that is involved. And even people with fat ancestors can stay relatively healthy weight wise if they try. Obesity kills. You don't just throw up your hands and say Oh well!

I don't really think it's a horrible idea to serve a little carmel dip with the apple slices or pb with the celery sticks. Put cheese sauce on the cauliflower. Eventually the kids will get used to the taste and be willing to eat it once in a while without the "crutch." I really don't think there was anything wrong with Michelle Obama's idea, it is how the school districts put it into effect that failed. The big school systems find it cheaper to hire less cooks and have less kitchens, buy frozen processed foods that just need to get thrown in the oven or microwave. Of course they taste like shit. That's not her fault though. If the food were cooked from scratch, it would be fine.
When I went to school the administration would have stroked out if anyone CONSIDERED bringing in soda pop! I still don't see why it's okay. Criminy. That shit is nothing but empty calories.

Think how much more difficult it'll be to swap your benefits for crack. Imagine walking down to the street corner with all those cans.
Yet, the right wing can let homelessness happen, especially in right to work States.

Where you laughing when you typed that?

When Republicans see a video like that, they see a job well done.

Where do you mail the food packages to? See, more money saved.

A job well done by democrats.
Why do liberals hate poor people?

Democrats aren't the ones who education and job training to give tax cuts to billionaires.

Democrats aren't the one who cut healthcare to give tax cuts for corporations.

Democrats aren't the ones who hold sick children hostage.

Do catch up.

They can pay for their own education.

Healthcare is never denied to anyone.

Last I checked I didnt have any sick kids tied up in the closet while I await my ransom payment.

Republicans cut school funding. Something has to be cut. Schools do the best they can.

Then why do my property taxes keep going up?

Still happened.

It's really easy.

But nice try.

So you admit it was happening under barry and michael.

Republicans have built up this dystonian fantasy that all poor people are some how living a life of Riley.

life-riley-title.jpg

To pay for tax cuts for billionaires and corporations. Haven't you been watching the news? This was one of the complaints of the Trump Tax plan.

It's really easy.

But nice try.

So you admit it was happening under barry and michael.

Dear, I know that it happened in one Chicago school in 2011. I also know, according to the article you linked to, that the policy was put in place 6 years before that, which was 2005.

Did you read it? Do you want to blame G.H.W. Bush now?

Yea sure. Like you ever told the school what you wanted your kids fed. Don't make me laugh.
But here's one question you sidestepped. What if and ELECTED OFFICIAL told you to "eat this"? Would you? After all, they were elected.

I was on the school board, Derp. Our children's meals are included in tuition and they have a very nice ala carte style setup. The kids can select from many varieties, no complaints and the trash cans are not full of thrown away food.

If the government is feeding you then you pretty much eat what they send. Don't like it? Employment is an option or go to food pantries

To pay for tax cuts for billionaires and corporations. Haven't you been watching the news? This was one of the complaints of the Trump Tax plan.

You'll be happy to know that being a 4%er I'm actually paying more in taxes now.
Of course my stock market gains more than make up for the rise which I'm sure in your mind is terribly unfair.

If you've ever been really broke you'd understand that a boxful of food would be gratefully appreciated when the cupboard is literally bare.
I was talking to a progressive at work yesterday who very haughtily told me, what if I choose to buy organic produce with my Food Stamps, and am willing to buy less? Why should someone tell me I have to eat something else?
He was never hungry either. Organic? Really?

And elementary schools skipping recess.
No recess? You must be peeling them off the ceiling by noon.

If you've ever been really broke you'd understand that a boxful of food would be gratefully appreciated when the cupboard is literally bare.
I was talking to a progressive at work yesterday who very haughtily told me, what if I choose to buy organic produce with my Food Stamps, and am willing to buy less? Why should someone tell me I have to eat something else?
He was never hungry either. Organic? Really?

Organics in a lot of cases is a scam.
Although I do love real organic chickens,they taste far better than your average grocery store chicken but I cringe when paying seventeen bucks for one.

Forum List

Back