🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Guidance Warns Landlords They Could Face Discrimination Charges For Turning Down Tenants With Cr

http://www.valleybrokerspropertymanagement.com/Standard_Criteria_.pdf

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Valid government issued identification with a picture id will be required.
2. Invalid or no Social Security number will result in additional deposit above the standard in the amount of one month’s rent or more per property.
3. A complete and accurate application listing the current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers will be required (incomplete applications will be returned).
4. Each applicant will be required to qualify individually
5. Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
6. Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
7. Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance shall be denied.

8. Any individual, who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.

9. An application insufficient in Credit and Rental Requirements shall require an additional security deposit equal to 100% of the stated rental amount, over and above any other security deposit or additional security deposit required.
10. The total security deposit required will be that of the least qualified applicant.
11. The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
12. In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have a minimum monthly income of four (4) times the stated rent and show no negative credit reports.
13. The demeanor of the applicant during the showing and screening will be considered, unacceptable demeanor may be grounds for denial.
14. Applications that far exceed minimum standards in individual categories but fail to meet minimum standards in another shall be reviewed and possibly reconsidered if extenuating and explainable circumstances warrant.

CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA

Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime.

a) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, ever for: any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) class A/Felony burglary or class A/Felony robbery; or

b) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any other felony charges; or

c) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges; or

d) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last three years for: any class B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or any misdemeanors involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, and prostitution shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held waiting resolution of pending charges.

Oh...see.....now you have gone and done it.......you are introducing the truth, the facts and actual reality into the debate.....you know that left wing regressives can't handle any of those things.....so your entire post is unfair.......you have to stick to emotions and lies if you want to debate a left wing regressive...those are the only things they actually understand....

I hope you are duly chastised......

http://www.valleybrokerspropertymanagement.com/Standard_Criteria_.pdf

GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Valid government issued identification with a picture id will be required.
2. Invalid or no Social Security number will result in additional deposit above the standard in the amount of one month’s rent or more per property.
3. A complete and accurate application listing the current and at least one previous rental reference with phone numbers will be required (incomplete applications will be returned).
4. Each applicant will be required to qualify individually
5. Applicants must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
6. Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
7. Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance shall be denied.

8. Any individual, who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied.

9. An application insufficient in Credit and Rental Requirements shall require an additional security deposit equal to 100% of the stated rental amount, over and above any other security deposit or additional security deposit required.
10. The total security deposit required will be that of the least qualified applicant.
11. The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
12. In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have a minimum monthly income of four (4) times the stated rent and show no negative credit reports.
13. The demeanor of the applicant during the showing and screening will be considered, unacceptable demeanor may be grounds for denial.
14. Applications that far exceed minimum standards in individual categories but fail to meet minimum standards in another shall be reviewed and possibly reconsidered if extenuating and explainable circumstances warrant.

CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA

Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or no-contest to, any crime.

a) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, ever for: any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) class A/Felony burglary or class A/Felony robbery; or

b) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any other felony charges; or

c) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession) property damage or weapons charges; or

d) A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole have occurred within the last three years for: any class B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or any misdemeanors involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, and prostitution shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held waiting resolution of pending charges.

Oh...see.....now you have gone and done it.......you are introducing the truth, the facts and actual reality into the debate.....you know that left wing regressives can't handle any of those things.....so your entire post is unfair.......you have to stick to emotions and lies if you want to debate a left wing regressive...those are the only things they actually understand....

I hope you are duly chastised......
Your right.........I might have hurt their feelings..........

So sorry for upsetting these emotional creatures........
:coffee:

So a ex-con tries to rent your property.........you do a back ground check and find out he's guilty of sexual crimes, theft, or arson...............and so you say get the fuck on............I'm not letting you rent my property because I'm afraid you will damage the property, be a threat to other renters, and etc...........

No smart landlord EVER tells a prospective tenant WHY they were not selected as a new tenant.

Why would a landlord do that? It is not required by law to disclose why you rented to one person but not another.

What you can't do is tell someone they were denied a rental for a specific reason then rent to another person in the same circumstances as the one you denied. That could cause you big problem.

And if you are that dumb.......You shouldn't be a landlord. Hire a management company.

So a ex-con tries to rent your property.........you do a back ground check and find out he's guilty of sexual crimes, theft, or arson...............and so you say get the fuck on............I'm not letting you rent my property because I'm afraid you will damage the property, be a threat to other renters, and etc...........

No smart landlord EVER tells a prospective tenant WHY they were not selected as a new tenant.

Why would a landlord do that? It is not required by law to disclose why you rented to one person but not another.

What you can't do is tell someone they were denied a rental for a specific reason then rent to another person in the same circumstances as the one you denied. That could cause you big problem.

And if you are that dumb.......You shouldn't be a landlord. Hire a management company.

What will happen is these violent criminals will get lawyers. The lawyers will sue the property owners for discrimination......and then they may get the Civil Rights division of the government involved...now the property owner is mired in expensive litigation....they will use "Lawfare" to get their way.......

If HUD wants to make sure they have a place to stay then they should do it on their properties, and not private citizens........Like section 8.

Hate to tell you but sect 8 is a voucher system to pay for rentals of privately owned properties.

I quoted a site with standard stuff...................that is all..............and no you shouldn't give them ammunition to sue your ass later with.....

It was to make a point, called it's my property and I don't want to rent it to ex-cons who may cause me serious problems...........

I quoted a site with standard stuff...................that is all..............and no you shouldn't give them ammunition to sue your ass later with.....

It was to make a point, called it's my property and I don't want to rent it to ex-cons who may cause me serious problems...........

And it used to be "It's my bakery....."

If HUD wants to make sure they have a place to stay then they should do it on their properties, and not private citizens........Like section 8.

Hate to tell you but sect 8 is a voucher system to pay for rentals of privately owned properties.
These properties have to be qualified for section 8 now don't they.................

Spin away.................I'm not gonna let a sex offender on the rental property..............now HUD is gonna come tell me yes you will..........

That's BS.

These properties have to be qualified for section 8 now don't they.................

Spin away.................I'm not gonna let a sex offender on the rental property..............now HUD is gonna come tell me yes you will..........

That's BS.

No...that is left wing regressives in action.....they are insane....

And it used to be "It's my bakery....."
Cradle to Grave.....................Oh GOV't is so good...........
:udaman:

That's BS.

They always have a new pet that they must protect to feel better about themselves..........in this case telling others WHAT THEY WILL DO with their property........

Then say they are for Freedom.............as they take it away from people who disagree with them.

The next step.....coming sometime in the future...

When you hire a contractor in your home....a plumber, a carpenter, a concrete guy to put in your drive way........one day you will have to fill out government paperwork to prove that as a private owner, that you did not choose the worker in a discriminatory way.........you will be on the hook for that paperwork and you will have to prove to a left wing, regressive bureaucrat that you are not a racist and that you did not discriminate against whatever protected left wing minority group is popular at the time.....

What will happen is these violent criminals will get lawyers.

Where did these violent criminals get the money to pay for their attorney? Or do attorneys work for free on housing cases?
And how will the prospective tenant know they were discriminated against? You gonna tell them? Or did you rent a place to the buddy of the convict you turned down. And the buddy was also a convict?

Most landlords create their own issues by being stupid.

Where did these violent criminals get the money to pay for their attorney? Or do attorneys work for free on housing cases?
And how will the prospective tenant know they were discriminated against? You gonna tell them? Or did you rent a place to the buddy of the convict you turned down. And the buddy was also a convict?

They go to HUD............file a complaint........pay nothing...............and get the HUD to crawl up the landlord's asses.........................

What could possibly go wrong...............

That's BS.

They always have a new pet that they must protect to feel better about themselves..........in this case telling others WHAT THEY WILL DO with their property........

Then say they are for Freedom.............as they take it away from people who disagree with them.

You know what is cute about the left wing regressives......when they sit their with a serious look on their faces and tell you that democrats don't care what you do in your bedroom....the complaint they always level against republicans.....

As if after telling you what food you can eat, how much of it you can eat, what kind of school lunch your kids can have, how much soda you can buy, what kind of toilet you can buy, who you can rent to, how much you can pay employees, who you have to bake cakes for, who you have to take photographs for......

That all of a sudden...they will stop at the bedroom door...they are so cute when they do that......

They go to HUD............file a complaint........pay nothing...............and get the HUD to crawl up the landlord's asses.........................

What could possibly go wrong...............

Exactly.......you will be assimilated........

You know what's cute about stupid fucking republicans who want to be landlords? Or think they know landlord/tenant law?

They are clueless about what the fuck they are doing.

But then, that's par for the course.

But on one thing you are correct. Republican landlords are so stupid they will tell a prospective tenant that they will be discriminated against just to see if the prospective tenant will file a law suit.

So they (the landlord) can try and prove a point; I own that property.

Wrong again. They go to the Fair Housing office to file a complaint. At least in my state.

How long have you been a landlord? Me, 26 years.

You know what's cute about stupid fucking republicans who want to be landlords? Or think they know landlord/tenant law?

They are clueless about what the fuck they are doing.

But then, that's par for the course.

But on one thing you are correct. Republican landlords are so stupid they will tell a prospective tenant that they will be discriminated against just to see if the prospective tenant will file a law suit.

So they (the landlord) can try and prove a point; I own that property.

Moron...they don't have to say anything.....obama and his left wing regressives are creating automatic law suits that will be backed up by government guns......

any convict now...who is denied....can now just sue on the assumption that his criminal status was the reason......there will be no reason not to....now they not only can get leverage against the property owner......the property owner is now a bank......who will have to settle out of court to keep from being driven into bankruptcy.........

obama has now created a new industry...criminals out of jail can just target private property owners for legal action and wait for the settlement checks to come in......

Wrong again. They go to the Fair Housing office to file a complaint. At least in my state.

How long have you been a landlord? Me, 26 years.
Um this is a new gig Mr. Slumlord..............

LOL

They are trying to get HUD into the fray........and file against the landlords for discrimination because they were criminals once.........

My point is clear..............if it's your property you should have the right to deny them..............if they are unsavory types who you shouldn't rent to.............

Forum List

Back