New laws for 2018

Love the new one out of Vermont that protects employees from employers snooping on their social media content

Wow. NY made a decent bill! 8 weeks of paid family leave.

Sad Tennessee has to pass a law to protect free speech on college campuses.

Love the new one out of Vermont that protects employees from employers snooping on their social media content

I cannot support this one. If a private employer wants to look at your social media as condition of employment, the government should not be telling them not to.

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.

Gaius Cornelius Tacitus

possum wonderin'...

... does it say anythin' about...

... free balogna sammiches on Tuesdays?

I cannot support this one. If a private employer wants to look at your social media as condition of employment, the government should not be telling them not to.
Its none of any employers business knowing what I do or say in MY off time from work.

Yeah, that's cool, till the businesses move to a more business friendly State. Try getting paid family leave when you're unemployed.

It should be a law that: for every new law passed, 2 old laws must be removed from the books.

Its none of any employers business knowing what I do or say in MY off time from work.

If you feel that way and your employers disagree with you, then you should move on. it is not the job of the government to tell an employer what they should and shouldn't look at

Yeah, that's cool, till the businesses move to a more business friendly State. Try getting paid family leave when you're unemployed.

In an economy running at basically full employment, the employee has the upperhand, if only for a short while.

Have fun with that when its federal law. Ivanka wants it and President Trump along with moderate republicans and all democrats will support it. You keep your workers happy they work better.

If you feel that way and your employers disagree with you, then you should move on. it is not the job of the government to tell an employer what they should and shouldn't look at
Its why I NEVER use my legit name or the same email for employers as I do for facebook etc. I also lock my page down as tight as possible,I never put in my real employer etc either.

Have fun with that when its federal law. Ivanka wants it and President Trump along with moderate republicans and all democrats will support it. You keep your workers happy they work better.

It is amazing how many people do not belive that last sentence to be true. At my previous jobs I was a mid-level manager and I had a very flexible work schedule for those under me as long as everything was covered. The manager over me asked me why I did that and I told her that a happy worker was a better worker. She laughed at me and said "whoever told you that lie?"

She is one of the many reasons I am no longer there.

Its why I NEVER use my legit name or the same email for employers as I do for facebook etc. I also lock my page down as tight as possible,I never put in my real employer etc either.

Very wise practice.

Funny. I think they have every right to know what trash you spew if you're using your real name.

Some good some bad. Nice to see 2 more states taking action to stop voter fraud. Have to use an ID to buy alcohol and smokes,board a train etc so why not to vote. Most states offer it free anyways for a state ID. Too lazy to get ID then too lazy to go vote.

New state laws for 2018, from marijuana to voter ID - CNN
The Alabama Senate election proved that voter ID laws do not suppress votes. The Black community is not as helpless as the Democratic party wishes them to be.

Some good some bad. Nice to see 2 more states taking action to stop voter fraud. Have to use an ID to buy alcohol and smokes,board a train etc so why not to vote. Most states offer it free anyways for a state ID. Too lazy to get ID then too lazy to go vote.

New state laws for 2018, from marijuana to voter ID - CNN
The Alabama Senate election proved that voter ID laws do not suppress votes. The Black community is not as helpless as the Democratic party wishes them to be.

It also proved that the far right wing wackos will still cry "voter fraud" even when a state has some of the strongest voter ID laws in the country.

Forum List

Back