New Mexico Gov Thinks Climate Emergency Erases Citizen's Rights

Carry laws do not override all other gun laws.

People who shouldn't carry guns aren't purchasing their weapons at the local gun shop.

How would you know that, if the law lets everyone carry without being vetted, trained, and licensed? Lots of people own guns in their homes. They can get them from friends, family members, or even at a garage sale, like I have many times. But not everyone carries one with them, unless the law allows it. And a law that allows unrestricted access to anyone to carry a concealed weapon just gives tyrants a good excuse to take everyone's guns. That would never happen in a state that requires a permit to carry concealed.

True.....course....I think that the media is causing people to become really rude to each other.
All of our media is trying to turn us into jerks.
That's one reason why I liked Japan.
Almost everyone was polite and respected authority and respected their elders.

I used to live in CA. People drove like assholes there.
Here in TN everyone is polite.
I've only seen a few examples of extremely rude people here.

Tennessee has a Republican Governor and probably prosecutes gun crimes, unlike New Mexico.

Personally, I don't know if I'd feel safe in a state like New Mexico. I've seen more than enough yahoos at the gun ranges who carry pieces of crap guns with even crappier nylon holsters they bought at Walmart. Many of them couldn't even recite the the four basic rules of gun safety if you asked them to.

Last edited:
But not everyone carries one with them, unless the law allows it. And a law that allows unrestricted access to anyone to carry a concealed weapon just gives tyrants a good excuse to take everyone's guns. That would never happen in a state that requires a permit to carry concealed.

Again, criminals don't abide by the laws, that's what makes them a criminal in the first place.

If the powers that be decide to confiscate weapons, where do you think they will start?

That's right, they will start where they know weapons exist.

Tennessee has a Republican Governor and probably prosecutes gun crimes, unlike New Mexico.

Personally, I don't know if I'd feel safe in a state like New Mexico. I've seen more than enough yahoos at the gun ranges who carry pieces of crap guns with even crappier nylon holsters they bought at Walmart. Many of them couldn't even recite the the four basic rules of gun safety if you asked them to.
Well....it's been about 50 years since I took hunter's safety, but I learned that you never point a gun at anyone unless you're using it to protect yourself. Treat every gun like it's loaded. Always check to see if it is loaded. Keep the safety on it the gun has one. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Front sight-post. Be sure of your target and what's behind it because the bullet could hit what behind your target.

Again, criminals don't abide by the laws, that's what makes them a criminal in the first place.

If the powers that be decide to confiscate weapons, where do you think they will start?

That's right, they will start where they know weapons exist.

So what are you suggesting that people who live in states like mine do? Become a criminal by refusing to obtain a permit and carry illegally?

:laughing0301:

Well....it's been about 50 years since I took hunter's safety, but I learned that you never point a gun at anyone unless you're using it to protect yourself. Treat every gun like it's loaded. Always check to see if it is loaded. Keep the safety on it the gun has one. Keep your finger off the trigger until you're ready to shoot. Front sight-post. Be sure of your target and what's behind it because the bullet could hit what behind your target.

You can't imagine how many times I've been muzzle swept by some idiot Fudd at a gun range, or seen someone have a negligent discharge. I quit using public ranges altogether and built one on my property.

You can't imagine how many times I've been muzzle swept by some idiot Fudd at a gun range, or seen someone have a negligent discharge. I quit using public ranges altogether and built one on my property.
The number one thing about ADs (accidental discharges) is muzzle security.
If you ever have one you make sure that you're pointing the muzzle in a safe direction.
But an AD usually only happens because somebody isn't familiar with the weapon or has his finger on the trigger with the safety off.
When I went through MOUNT training they would bounce you from the program permanently if you have an AD for any reason.

I've been shooting since 1964. Collecting, repairing, rebuilding all kinds of firearms. Handloading for 11 different calibers and shooting thousands of round per year lately. I hate to admit it, but even I've had 5 accidental discharges in my entire life. Luckily only one of them occurred around someone else, and it involved alcohol.

Like they say, "The loudest sound is a "click" when you're expecting a "bang", or a "bang" when you're expecting a "click."

Those four simple rules are to live for. Nobody would ever have an accident if they did.

The best thing a leftist does for our country is being open and vocal about their true aims and policies…..that is why we need to thank this New Mexico Governor……she just showed us how medical emergencies are going to be used to take away our guns…..

Of course, she is a democrat…..and she has now made it impossible for other democrat party borg drones to tell is that using a “medical emergency,” to ban and even confiscate guns is a right wing conspiracy theory…..

The democrat party is going to ban and confiscate guns if they get the power to do it…..the useful idiots here in U.S.message board who tell us we are crazy to believe that are either really stupid, or lying…..

The best thing a leftist does for our country is being open and vocal about their true aims and policies…..that is why we need to thank this New Mexico Governor……she just showed us how medical emergencies are going to be used to take away our guns…..

Of course, she is a democrat…..and she has now made it impossible for other democrat party borg drones to tell is that using a “medical emergency,” to ban and even confiscate guns is a right wing conspiracy theory…..

The democrat party is going to ban and confiscate guns if they get the power to do it…..the useful idiots here in U.S.message board who tell us we are crazy to believe that are either really stupid, or lying…..
/----/ Medical emergency to ban ICE cars, is next on the list. Further proof liberals are evil.

Last edited:
Interesting...

Having lived in New Mexico for a few years, I usually keep up with the news there but have been remiss of late and this story got by me...

It appears as though, based on the criteria (No person other than a law enforcement officers or licensed security officers shall possess a firearm either openly or concealed within cities or counties, averaging 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 and more than 90 firearm-related emergency department visits) in the order, the only area that will currently be effected is the city of Albuquerque and the county in which it is found, Bernalillo. A little more than 1,000 square miles. It will be interesting to see if this stands up to the court challenges given it's unconstitutionality...It even goes against state laws.

The boiling frog way to a police state, punish the victims. That's what is in store for the US a death of a thousand cuts, When this approach fails to produce results, and they won't because the results are determined by the same people, the thumbscrews will be tightened.

Interesting...

Having lived in New Mexico for a few years, I usually keep up with the news there but have been remiss of late and this story got by me...

It appears as though, based on the criteria (No person other than a law enforcement officers or licensed security officers shall possess a firearm either openly or concealed within cities or counties, averaging 1,000 or more violent crimes per 100,000 and more than 90 firearm-related emergency department visits) in the order, the only area that will currently be effected is the city of Albuquerque and the county in which it is found, Bernalillo. A little more than 1,000 square miles. It will be interesting to see if this stands up to the court challenges given it's unconstitutionality...It even goes against state laws.

This is the test balloon....see how far they can take it....run it through a lefty court, get it declared Constitutional at the lower court level, giving permission to other leftists to do the same in the rest of the country, and the Federal government nation wide........and hope they win the White House in 2024 so they can replace Thomas and Alito and make this stick ...

If she actually thinks thst is going to stop people from carrying guns, she’s either incredibly naive or just plain stupid.

Poor people don’t deserve protection in the places they most need it. Everyone knows that

You have a constitution that your courts.uphold. It will be challenged and presumably overruled.

Is there anything the dems won't declare a "emergency" on?

Some red state governor should declare a mental health emergency on registered dems and see how that is received. ;)

Is there anything the dems won't declare a "emergency" on?

Some red state governor should declare a mental health emergency on registered dems and see how that is received. ;)
Which should require them taking untested meds or they lose their job

Forum List

Back