New Mexico may elect first Native American Congresswoman

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Of the 92 women who participated in Tuesday’s eight primaries, at least 36 of them won spots on ballots.

Women are likely to be elected governor for the first time in Iowa and South Dakota, and for the first time in nearly five decades in Alabama, according to Gender Watch 2018, a project of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University. Women are also poised to make significant progress in House races: Iowa, for example, may elect its first-ever congresswoman, and New Mexico may elect the country’s first Native American congresswoman, Deb Haaland.

More: Women Won Big In Tuesday's Primary Elections

I wish her well. What do you think?

Of the 92 women who participated in Tuesday’s eight primaries, at least 36 of them won spots on ballots.

Women are likely to be elected governor for the first time in Iowa and South Dakota, and for the first time in nearly five decades in Alabama, according to Gender Watch 2018, a project of the Center for American Women and Politics at Rutgers University. Women are also poised to make significant progress in House races: Iowa, for example, may elect its first-ever congresswoman, and New Mexico may elect the country’s first Native American congresswoman, Deb Haaland.

Yes, maybe she is a real one, unlike Dizzy-Lizzy Warren-)

I say it's about damn time.

I also say she will probably win. I lived in Albuquerque for three years, it's a good mix of political views but the area does lean Blue...

If she isn’t owned and controlled by the ruling class, I am all for her.

The Laguna Pueblo woman should campaign on building a wall to keep out foreign invaders.

"They bring crime. They're rapists..."

the Pueblo people never used walls they have communities high up above everyone else

NOT SO Mr. Indiana...I have met many Southwest natives having lived in the SW states a long time and NEVER heard anyone here use such a rude term as you claim falsely to be "historical" here.

You seem surprised that women are being considered for important positions.

If she isn’t owned and controlled by the ruling class, I am all for her.

She is a Dem so how likely will she be owned and controled

NOT SO Mr. Indiana...I have met many Southwest natives having lived in the SW states a long time and NEVER heard anyone here use such a rude term as you claim falsely to be "historical" here.

I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. I will say, that if you back Lizze (Bordon) Warren as being Indian, you are a phony-baloney, because she is a HUUUUUUUGE, phony baloney!

As far as the person running in New Mexico, I know nothing about her, so I can not say either way. If her ideas are sound, why not vote for her?

She looks real to me.

deb-haaland-2-comp-img.jpg

Forum List

Back