New ohio law let's students give wrong answers for religious reasons.

I didn't see where it stated they could give a wrong answer. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to be marked correct if they state that their religion teaches them 1+1=3.
I didn't see where it stated they could give a wrong answer. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to be marked correct if they state that their religion teaches them 1+1=3.

Doofus it doesn't go towards math.

I can see where the law may apply in certain areas...hey Johnny how many genders are there and what are your thoughts on pretend marriage aka SSM

They live in the United States. Learn our ways or leave. Fucking Democrats are destroying this country. Our founding fathers are rolling over in there graves, there probably dizzy by now.

Republicans control Ohio and this definitely sounds like the type of law religious conservatives would pass.

Never. The liberals enjoy letting any religion take over. It’s the Democratic way. Read the article then maybe you can answer it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the reasons Christian society is advanced was that Christianity allowed room for science. The last 20 years, Christianity with help from the Republicsns is ending this & now pass laws to make people stupid.

Before you post, remember common core.

Discuss

New Ohio law lets students give wrong answers on tests for religious reasons

The Ohio state House of Representatives has passed the Student Religious Liberties Act, which prevents teachers from penalizing students for giving incorrect answers on tests or other schoolwork if those facts would conflict with their religious beliefs.

The relevant section reads "No school district board of education (...) shall prohibit a student from engaging in religious expression in the completion of homework, artwork, or other written or oral assignments. Assignment grades and scores shall be calculated using ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance, including any legitimate pedagogical concerns, and shall not penalize or reward a student based on the religious content of a student's work."
So students can say the Earth is 6000 years old, or that dinosaur fossils are a trick, or that it's turtles all the way down, and the schools are OK with all that?
Yeah i agree, thats bullshit. I also think its bullshit when people on the left suggest there are 100 genders. Facts are facts. Personal beliefs have no place in acadamia.
Science says you are full of shit.

Religion should be taught by parents...at home. My Christian views vary greatly from other christians who hypocritically have skewed the Bible and what Christ taught. They worship the almighty dollar.

How are they "wrong answers"? It's about homework, artwork written or oral assignments based on opinion and religious upbringing. Is that a freaking crime? Years ago a kid could give his opinion about life based on his or her religious upbringing without being ostracized or risking a failing grade. My guess is that the Ohio law might resonate.

Discuss

The Ohio state House of Representatives has passed the Student Religious Liberties Act, which prevents teachers from penalizing students for giving incorrect answers on tests or other schoolwork if those facts would conflict with their religious beliefs.

The relevant section reads "No school district board of education (...) shall prohibit a student from engaging in religious expression in the completion of homework, artwork, or other written or oral assignments. Assignment grades and scores shall be calculated using ordinary academic standards of substance and relevance, including any legitimate pedagogical concerns, and shall not penalize or reward a student based on the religious content of a student's work."

That is nuts. Right up there with participation trophies.

It's noteworthy that lefties assume that answers based on religious upbringing in homework and written and oral assignments are automatically "wrong". WTF?

If I as a teacher ask a student "How old is the Earth?" and I get 4000-6000 years as an answer, I will frown and mark an "X" in the book.

The Australian Aboriginals trace their lineage back 40,000 years just in their vocal histories alone, and they came from somewhere.

Discuss

Asinine law. You are either correct or you are wrong. Carving out safe spaces is WRING

Discuss

Asinine law. You are either correct or you are wrong. Carving out safe spaces is WRING

What's the correct answer for essay tests?

It's based on opinion

It's noteworthy that lefties assume that answers based on religious upbringing in homework and written and oral assignments are automatically "wrong". WTF?

There is no assumption. The article states:

But we thought critical thinking was more important?
It is.

Then no right or wrong answers, but to force your belief on say a preacher's kid is wrong, then we have these silly polls cons are dumber

Forum List

Back