New Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Miami

More of Obama's regulations this bastard is rolling back.
He's not only happy to put us at risk on land.. but also in the ocean.

Trump to roll back offshore drilling safety regulations: report
Building codes are normally enforced by the state government, you lying fake Marine. Trump's deregulation had nothing to do with this.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Ever hear of OSHA?
Lol
OSHA has no authority over bridge design and fabrication techniques, dumbass.

Last edited:

Building codes are normally enforced by the state government, you lying fake Marine. Trump's deregulation had nothing to do with this.

Ever hear of OSHA?
Lol
OSHA has no authority of bridge design and fabrication techniques, dumbass.

Workers were injured. OSHA is there. Even if no workers were hurt, they would still be there because the potential for injury to workers was obvious.

At least 4 dead, 9 injured after Florida International University pedestrian bridge collapse
He said he saw three injured construction workers. One had a head injury and was passing in and out of consciousness, another one had a leg injury leg and the third was lying on the street unconscious. Llera started performing CPR on him.

A tale of two Floridas.

1. Flordia, 1969, July 16. Kennedy Space Centre, Merritt Island. The 45,700 tonne, 363 foot (110m) Apollo 11 manned-rocket blasts off for a mission to land the first two men on the Moon and to return them safely to the Earth. One giant leap for mankind.
  2. Florida, 2018, March 15. Florida International University, Miami. A 950-ton (862-tonne), 174-foot (53m) pedestrial foot-bridge collapses trapping vehicles and crushing people to death. One disastrous reality-check that exposed the criminal incompetence of the Flordia International University authorities and all who designed and approved this "first of a kind" bridge.

We can have the smart successful high-achieving kind of world that can do great things or we have the disastrous kind of world. Here's what Florida needs to do to be great again.

390px-Mark_B._Rosenberg.jpg

Mark B. Rosenberg - accused herein of "involuntary manslaughter"

I am calling for the arrest of President of Florida International University Mark B. Rosenberg on a charge of involuntary manslaughter but in addition, I am calling for those with more direct responsibility for the design and the planning approval of this "first of a kind" bridge to face the same charge.

I am calling for the immediate dismissal of all 13 members of the Board of Trustees of Florida International University.

Florida International University needs a new Board of Trustees and a new president who must root out the incompetent officers of the university who are responsible for this catastrophe.

The Governor of the State of Florida and the Board of Governors of the State University System who appointed this untrustworthy Board of Trustees of Florida International University must be held politically accountable for their very poor appointments.

We, the people, can do great things again but first we need to appoint great academic leaders for our universities.

Last edited:
I am calling for the arrest of President of Florida International University Mark B. Rosenberg on a charge of involuntary manslaughter but in addition, I am calling for those with more direct responsibility for the design and the planning approval of this "first of a kind" bridge to face the same charge.
This FIU news web-page identifies the main culprits and it is worth quoting in full in case the page is deleted by the university authorities at a later date to destroy evidence so as to pervert the course of justice. Every person named in bold here (apart from the reporter) I suspect and accuse of the charge of "involuntary manslaughter".

FIU NEWS - First-of-its-kind pedestrian bridge “swings” into place
Posted by Jennifer Lacayo × 03/10/2018 at 11:38 am

IMG_4387-570x428.jpg

Construction marvel to connect FIU to Sweetwater

On March 10, the main span of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge was lifted from its temporary supports, rotated 90 degrees across an eight-lane thoroughfare, and lowered into its permanent position.

“FIU is about building bridges and student safety. This project accomplishes our mission beautifully,” said FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg. “We are filled with pride and satisfaction at seeing this engineering feat come to life and connect our campus to the surrounding community where thousands of our students live.”

The 174-foot, 950-ton section of the bridge was built adjacent to Southwest Eight Street using Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) methods, which are being advanced at FIU’s Accelerated Bridge Construction University Transportation Center (ABC-UTC). This method of construction reduces potential risks to workers, commuters and pedestrians and minimizes traffic interruptions. The main span of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge was installed in a few hours with limited disruption to traffic over this weekend.

“This project is an outstanding example of the ABC method,” said chair of FIU’s Civil & Environmental Engineering Department and director of FIU’s ABC-UTC Atorod Azizinamini, who is one of the world’s leading experts on Accelerated Bridge Construction. “Building the major element of the bridge – its main span superstructure – outside of the traveled way and away from busy Eighth Street is a milestone.”

The FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge is the largest pedestrian bridge moved via Self-Propelled Modular Transportation in U.S. history. It is also the first in the world to be constructed entirely of self-cleaning concrete. When exposed to sunlight, the titanium dioxide in the concrete captures pollutants and turns it bright white, reducing maintenance costs.

“FIU has come a long way since the TIGER grant that funded this pedestrian bridge was awarded in 2013. This project represents a true collaboration among so many different partners at local, state, and federal levels, and in both the public and private sectors,” said Mario Diaz-Balart, U.S. Representative and Chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development. “The university’s growth and acceleration is no longer just about the campus and its student body; it’s about the future of Sweetwater, Miami-Dade County and the entire South Florida region. I believe this is what creative solutions to transportation challenges look like, and I will continue to support and incentivize these new ideas.”

IMG_4393-570x325.jpg

Funding for the $14.2 million bridge, connecting plazas and walkways is part of a $19.4 million Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Other funding agencies include the Federal Highway Administration, Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program, FIU and the City of Sweetwater.

“The FIU-Sweetwater bridge will serve many purposes including being a visually distinctive gateway to our city,” said City of Sweetwater Mayor Orlando Lopez. “This bridge is symbolic of the growth our city is experiencing and our partnership with FIU.”

Construction of the bridge began in the spring of 2017 and is expected to be completed in early 2019. When it is finished, the bridge will be 289 feet long and 109 feet tall. The 32-foot-wide bridge will also serve as study and gathering space.

“This bridge is the result of great support from our congressional delegation and the U.S. Department of Transportation,” said FIU Senior Vice President and CFO Kenneth Jessell. “This bridge has already been the catalyst for significant economic development in the City of Sweetwater. FIU and our surrounding community will benefit from this project for generations to come.”

The bridge was designed by FIGG Bridge Engineers and built by MCM. Barnhart Crane and Rigging operated the Self-Propelled Modular Transporters that placed the bridge on its permanent supports.

Peter, get your facts straight. The firm of Louis Berger, allowed by FIU, and MCM to stress test the bridge was NOT approved by FDOT. You sound more like you are running a campaign ad than actually getting your facts straight. It was a local project.
This FIU news web-page identifies the main culprits and it is worth quoting in full in case the page is deleted by the university authorities at a later date to destroy evidence so as to pervert the course of justice. Every person named in bold here (apart from the reporter) I suspect and accuse of the charge of "involuntary manslaughter".

FIU NEWS - First-of-its-kind pedestrian bridge “swings” into place
Posted by Jennifer Lacayo × 03/10/2018 at 11:38 am

IMG_4387-570x428.jpg

Construction marvel to connect FIU to Sweetwater

On March 10, the main span of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge was lifted from its temporary supports, rotated 90 degrees across an eight-lane thoroughfare, and lowered into its permanent position.

“FIU is about building bridges and student safety. This project accomplishes our mission beautifully,” said FIU President Mark B. Rosenberg. “We are filled with pride and satisfaction at seeing this engineering feat come to life and connect our campus to the surrounding community where thousands of our students live.”

The 174-foot, 950-ton section of the bridge was built adjacent to Southwest Eight Street using Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC) methods, which are being advanced at FIU’s Accelerated Bridge Construction University Transportation Center (ABC-UTC). This method of construction reduces potential risks to workers, commuters and pedestrians and minimizes traffic interruptions. The main span of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge was installed in a few hours with limited disruption to traffic over this weekend.

“This project is an outstanding example of the ABC method,” said chair of FIU’s Civil & Environmental Engineering Department and director of FIU’s ABC-UTC Atorod Azizinamini, who is one of the world’s leading experts on Accelerated Bridge Construction. “Building the major element of the bridge – its main span superstructure – outside of the traveled way and away from busy Eighth Street is a milestone.”

The FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Bridge is the largest pedestrian bridge moved via Self-Propelled Modular Transportation in U.S. history. It is also the first in the world to be constructed entirely of self-cleaning concrete. When exposed to sunlight, the titanium dioxide in the concrete captures pollutants and turns it bright white, reducing maintenance costs.

“FIU has come a long way since the TIGER grant that funded this pedestrian bridge was awarded in 2013. This project represents a true collaboration among so many different partners at local, state, and federal levels, and in both the public and private sectors,” said Mario Diaz-Balart, U.S. Representative and Chairman of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development. “The university’s growth and acceleration is no longer just about the campus and its student body; it’s about the future of Sweetwater, Miami-Dade County and the entire South Florida region. I believe this is what creative solutions to transportation challenges look like, and I will continue to support and incentivize these new ideas.”

IMG_4393-570x325.jpg

Funding for the $14.2 million bridge, connecting plazas and walkways is part of a $19.4 million Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Other funding agencies include the Federal Highway Administration, Florida Department of Transportation Local Agency Program, FIU and the City of Sweetwater.

“The FIU-Sweetwater bridge will serve many purposes including being a visually distinctive gateway to our city,” said City of Sweetwater Mayor Orlando Lopez. “This bridge is symbolic of the growth our city is experiencing and our partnership with FIU.”

Construction of the bridge began in the spring of 2017 and is expected to be completed in early 2019. When it is finished, the bridge will be 289 feet long and 109 feet tall. The 32-foot-wide bridge will also serve as study and gathering space.

“This bridge is the result of great support from our congressional delegation and the U.S. Department of Transportation,” said FIU Senior Vice President and CFO Kenneth Jessell. “This bridge has already been the catalyst for significant economic development in the City of Sweetwater. FIU and our surrounding community will benefit from this project for generations to come.”

The bridge was designed by FIGG Bridge Engineers and built by MCM. Barnhart Crane and Rigging operated the Self-Propelled Modular Transporters that placed the bridge on its permanent supports.

The bridge design was literally a Florida International University CLASS PROJECT!!!!!!!!!! for budding structural engineers.
FIU is going to get their LIB asses sued off by the victims.

Tell me again how great getting rid of regulations are?
Would you feel the same way if you were under this collapsed bridge?

A special construction method was used on the pedestrian bridge that collapsed in Florida on Thursday, killing several people. The method is known as "accelerated bridge construction," and it's meant to minimize traffic disruption and maximize safety.

But CBS News has learned that two firms involved in the construction have been accused of unsafe practices in the past.

Firms that built collapsed Miami bridge have history of safety complaints

DON'T worry. Donald Trump is on it.
Trump Rolls Back Numerous Transportation Safety Regulations

So the regulations rolled back by Trump caused the collapse? I didn't realize the investigation was already over...

And just how fast was this bridge designed, and built? Were any deregulations in place at that time?

Ever hear of OSHA?
Lol
OSHA has no authority over bridge design and fabrication techniques, dumbass.

Sitting here watching a live update and the first agency he named that was on site is OSHA.

Trump has been there for more than a year. He should have prevented this instead of eliminating safety regulations.

So in the President's spare time, he should have anticipated a walkway bridge collapse? You guys are priceless.

Well...tis true they are 'less' something...tho' not sure that it's 'price'. I'm thinkin' maybe a three letter word beginning with 'w' ending with 't'. ;)

A terrible accident - unlikely any one started out the day hoping this would happen.

I'm interested in the thread title.

"Firms behind the construction of collapsed Miami Bridge have
History of Safety Complaints."

I'm wondering if the OP would agree then, that his stance on
Illegal Aliens, that have a prior criminal record , should be altered.

I mean how many times are we gonna let them come in here and murder,
rape and steal from our population and still harbor them and protect them?

From the live view, it appears they have gained assess to either vehicles and/or bodies, from the move going on.

/——/ the new technology was appeoved by Obozo
Rep. Curbelo that has been on scene for a couple of hours, is speculating it was too early for a stress test as it was not in a phase ready for such as the theory that is currently out there, and if so, definitely should have shut down traffic.

He saiid FIU has developed this bridge technology.

The bridge design was literally a Florida International University CLASS PROJECT!!!!!!!!!! for budding structural engineers.
FIU is going to get their LIB asses sued off by the victims.

Please show us your reliable source and link making that allegation.

This technique has been used in other bridges.

What I found interesting and have no clue as to whether it is a factor is that a new "self-cleaning" concrete was being used. The sunshine is supposed to cause a reaction that keeps the concrete looking new.

Bridge that collapsed designed to withstand hurricane

Tell me again how great getting rid of regulations are?
Would you feel the same way if you were under this collapsed bridge?

A special construction method was used on the pedestrian bridge that collapsed in Florida on Thursday, killing several people. The method is known as "accelerated bridge construction," and it's meant to minimize traffic disruption and maximize safety.

But CBS News has learned that two firms involved in the construction have been accused of unsafe practices in the past.

Firms that built collapsed Miami bridge have history of safety complaints

DON'T worry. Donald Trump is on it.
Trump Rolls Back Numerous Transportation Safety Regulations

Every issue is partisan for you, isn't it?

They will be held accountable. Your view that government was somehow going to care and protect people from corruption is just laughable. There is more corruption in government than anywhere else.

:ahole-1:

Forum List

Back