New Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Miami

Why didn't they just copy the old style pedestrian bridges?

Nobody ever uses those things, anyway. True Story.

Hey! I'm Nobody.

This is what happens when democrats make the decisions.
Are democrats weakening safety rules?
Goddamn you drunken woman...
trump's rolling back a plethora of safety rules and consumer protection rules.
Liar%20too-M.jpg

More of Obama's regulations this bastard is rolling back.
He's not only happy to put us at risk on land.. but also in the ocean.

Trump to roll back offshore drilling safety regulations: report
Building codes are normally enforced by the state government, you lying fake Marine. Trump's deregulation had nothing to do with this.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
Ever hear of OSHA?
Lol

Ohhh were employees hurt? Did the bridge fall on some workers. Or, do you not know what OSHA means?
4 died dipshit.

Fact: Our roads and bridges are crumbling all over this country.
You're putting your life at stake driving on these bridges.
Car repairs are skyrocketing due to the horrendous roads.

But be comforted Congress just rolled back regulations that were put in to prevent another 2017 financial meltdown.
Be comforted that the rich made out like bandits with the tax bill.

Yet still no Infrastructure bill to be voted on.

i-c9GZC5D-S.jpg

By the way, Miami and Broward are known for their illegal kickbacks.

It goes back to the 50's, at least. Contractors kept big offshore fishing boats on retainers to take out building inspectors. One thing I know in Cutler Ridge is when they would pour the cap, into forms around the top of the outer walls of a house built of concrete block, they would have the rebar in place and no paper in the blocks holes. Concrete was supposed to be poured into the empty holes of the blocks until they filled up. After the inspection was done, contractors would have laborers stuff newspaper into each of the top blocks holes so far less concrete would be necessary. Nothing went wrong for decades until Katrina.

See post #58. Then tell us what the excuse is for it to happen under Obama’s administration.
Another 'Reasonable' conclusion: "Something bad happened.....uuuuuh it's Trump's fault!" :cuckoo:
Translation: Nothing is Trump's fault.
I see you continually look the other way as Trump is rolling back Obama's safety regulations.

They tested an incomplete bridge (designed center support wasn't even built yet) over an active highway and killed a lot of people TODAY. Obama left office more than a year ago. What does the collapse have to do with Obama ?

What does the collapse have to do with ANY president?

The same company Miami Dade and Broward have awarded multiple contracts to for years. And just this week had a suit filed against for injuries from a bridge it had built back in 2015, in Broward county.
Companies that designed, constructed FIU pedestrian bridge involved in previous accidents
Court documents show that MCM, or Munilla Construction Management, was accused of substandard work in a lawsuit filed earlier this month. The suit said a worker at Fort Lauderdale International Airport, where the company is working on an expansion, fell and injured himself when a makeshift bridge MCM built collapsed under the worker’s weight.

The suit charged the company with employing “incompetent, inexperienced, unskilled or careless employees” at the job site.
As well as others, this one in 2012.
Company behind Florida bridge that collapsed also was fined by Virginia after 2012 mishap in Hampton Roads

So don’t go blaming it on this administration.
Idiots...this bridge was constructed under regulations that existed in 2015...it's the weak steel....

I'm pretty sure it was pre-stressed concrete. The only structural support was embedded cables under tension. Either way, you don't test a bridge with traffic running under it. It was designed to have a support tower on each end, and a center support tower. The center support tower hadn't even been built yet. I'm sure there is a lot about that particular bridge that I don't know, but only someone with a total lack of concern for the people who could die would put that structure above a road that was in use.
Where were the safety investigators NOW? Or is obama supposed to fly on the scene taking care of it?

A good place to start would be to find out which idiot Obama appointee allowed this bridge to be built, let alone all the other bridges the design company put together.

See post #58. Then tell us what the excuse is for it to happen under Obama’s administration.
Another 'Reasonable' conclusion: "Something bad happened.....uuuuuh it's Trump's fault!" :cuckoo:
I see you continually look the other way as Trump is rolling back Obama's safety regulations.

They tested an incomplete bridge (designed center support wasn't even built yet) over an active highway and killed a lot of people TODAY. Obama left office more than a year ago. What does the collapse have to do with Obama ?

Some nut job said it was Obama's fault.

And the nut job that started this thread said it was Trump's fault and the whole country is in peril due to regulations being rolled back.

Trump has been there for more than a year. He should have prevented this instead of eliminating safety regulations.
So in the President's spare time, he should have anticipated a walkway bridge collapse? You guys are priceless.

Sounds a little extreme to me too, but isn't that the precedent we set while Obama was president? Consistency is important.

And the nut job that started this thread said it was Trump's fault and the whole country is in peril due to regulations being rolled back.

I thought that's how it worked. The president is responsible for everything bad that happens. It was that way for 8 years, why do you want to change now?

I thought that's how it worked. The president is responsible for everything bad that happens. It was that way for 8 years, why do you want to change now?

LOL.

Forum List

Back