New Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Miami

Its health and safety gone maaaaad !!!!!!!!!!!
America gets more third world every week.
We were third world under Obama...we are climbing out of his mess and it will take time...when do you think that bridge was built? last weekend? It was started off site in 2015 with all of the Obama regulations the damn thing could take...OKAY?
Bridges need upgrades and repairs to be safe.
Where's the money for that?
Your president is creating more messes than anyone can fix.
It's a new bridge, fake Marine.

Sent from my SM-G935P using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Its health and safety gone maaaaad !!!!!!!!!!!
America gets more third world every week.
We were third world under Obama...we are climbing out of his mess and it will take time...when do you think that bridge was built? last weekend? It was started off site in 2015 with all of the Obama regulations the damn thing could take...OKAY?
Bridges need upgrades and repairs to be safe.
Where's the money for that?
Your president is creating more messes than anyone can fix.
It's a new bridge, fake Marine.

If you're breathing, you're lying.

FYi? The pedestrian bridge that collapsed at Florida International University in Miami Thursday was designed by the same engineers that worked on a local bridge that collapsed during construction.

Florida construction companies behind collapse @FIUd pedestrian bridge @WeAreMCMge @FIGGBridgeand both had other bridge collapses in recent years.
DYWu1eUVoAAZzGb.jpg

Again the company should be shut down...it obviously needs to be put out of business and perhaps charges...

More of Obama's regulations this bastard is rolling back.
He's not only happy to put us at risk on land.. but also in the ocean.

Trump to roll back offshore drilling safety regulations: report
Building codes are normally enforced by the state government, you lying fake Marine. Trump's deregulation had nothing to do with this.

Ha ha. One of your idiots misread my Op on a real marine's tweet...so you hop aboard his idiocy.

Bridges aren't buildings.

The same company Miami Dade and Broward have awarded multiple contracts to for years. And just this week had a suit filed against for injuries from a bridge it had built back in 2015, in Broward county.
Companies that designed, constructed FIU pedestrian bridge involved in previous accidents
Court documents show that MCM, or Munilla Construction Management, was accused of substandard work in a lawsuit filed earlier this month. The suit said a worker at Fort Lauderdale International Airport, where the company is working on an expansion, fell and injured himself when a makeshift bridge MCM built collapsed under the worker’s weight.

The suit charged the company with employing “incompetent, inexperienced, unskilled or careless employees” at the job site.
As well as others, this one in 2012.
Company behind Florida bridge that collapsed also was fined by Virginia after 2012 mishap in Hampton Roads

So don’t go blaming it on this administration.
Idiots...this bridge was constructed under regulations that existed in 2015...it's the weak steel....

I'm pretty sure it was pre-stressed concrete. The only structural support was embedded cables under tension. Either way, you don't test a bridge with traffic running under it. It was designed to have a support tower on each end, and a center support tower. The center support tower hadn't even been built yet. I'm sure there is a lot about that particular bridge that I don't know, but only someone with a total lack of concern for the people who could die would put that structure above a road that was in use.

Sounds totally lime a horrific company, a shoddy bad company was allowed to continue doing shoddy work. Shut em down.

MACA. Make America Cuba Again
It started construction in spring but had to be commissioned in 2016 to have the work started. I guess this is what happens when you have shovel ready jobs, that weren't shovel ready...Liberalism kills people.

If George Bush was responsible for the economy Obama inherited, this bridge collapse is Obama's legacy left for President Trump.

Jesus Christ. Couldn't even waited until the bodies were counted, could ya'?
What is interesting is what government entity allowed such a bridge to be commissioned? Just like with BP , it was the dept of interior that allowed the rig to operate, why was the bridge allowed to be opened?

The same company Miami Dade and Broward have awarded multiple contracts to for years. And just this week had a suit filed against for injuries from a bridge it had built back in 2015, in Broward county.
Companies that designed, constructed FIU pedestrian bridge involved in previous accidents
Court documents show that MCM, or Munilla Construction Management, was accused of substandard work in a lawsuit filed earlier this month. The suit said a worker at Fort Lauderdale International Airport, where the company is working on an expansion, fell and injured himself when a makeshift bridge MCM built collapsed under the worker’s weight.

The suit charged the company with employing “incompetent, inexperienced, unskilled or careless employees” at the job site.
As well as others, this one in 2012.
Company behind Florida bridge that collapsed also was fined by Virginia after 2012 mishap in Hampton Roads

So don’t go blaming it on this administration.
Idiots...this bridge was constructed under regulations that existed in 2015...it's the weak steel....

I'm pretty sure it was pre-stressed concrete. The only structural support was embedded cables under tension. Either way, you don't test a bridge with traffic running under it. It was designed to have a support tower on each end, and a center support tower. The center support tower hadn't even been built yet. I'm sure there is a lot about that particular bridge that I don't know, but only someone with a total lack of concern for the people who could die would put that structure above a road that was in use.
Where were the safety investigators NOW? Or is obama supposed to fly on the scene taking care of it?

By the way, Miami and Broward are known for their illegal kickbacks.

MACA. Make America Cuba Again
It started construction in spring but had to be commissioned in 2016 to have the work started. I guess this is what happens when you have shovel ready jobs, that weren't shovel ready...Liberalism kills people.

If George Bush was responsible for the economy Obama inherited, this bridge collapse is Obama's legacy left for President Trump.

Jesus Christ. Couldn't even waited until the bodies were counted, could ya'?
What is interesting is what government entity allowed such a bridge to be commissioned? Just like with BP , it was the dept of interior that allowed the rig to operate, why was the bridge allowed to be opened?

The bridge wasn't opened.

See post #58. Then tell us what the excuse is for it to happen under Obama’s administration.
Another 'Reasonable' conclusion: "Something bad happened.....uuuuuh it's Trump's fault!" :cuckoo:
Translation: Nothing is Trump's fault.
I see you continually look the other way as Trump is rolling back Obama's safety regulations.

They tested an incomplete bridge (designed center support wasn't even built yet) over an active highway and killed a lot of people TODAY. Obama left office more than a year ago. What does the collapse have to do with Obama ?

Forum List

Back