New PM Liz Truss when asked by Jake Tapper about Trumps handling of classified docs "I will not be getting involved in internal matters of the U.S"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Not the exact quote, but, the essence of her quote.

Some credit to her administration early on, this is the first time I've heard her speak. She has opened up fracking, put a cap on energy costs, looking to revive the old Thatcher/Reaganesque approach to tax cuts to let consumers stimulate the economy, and, she wisely doesn't weigh in on issues regarding a former President just so CNN can capture a soundbyte. Quite an astute approach where other wold leaders have put their foots in their mouths.

There may be hope for the Brits after all. Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney (yes, he was doing his part) were a powerful force on the global stage. Maybe Europe will move further libertarian (hopefully). Will Canada, U.S and others do the same? Time will tell...

Not the exact quote, but, the essence of her quote.

Some credit to her administration early on, this is the first time I've heard her speak. She has opened up fracking, put a cap on energy costs, looking to revive the old Thatcher/Reaganesque approach to tax cuts to let consumers stimulate the economy, and, she wisely doesn't weigh in on issues regarding a former President just so CNN can capture a soundbyte. Quite an astute approach where other wold leaders have put their foots in their mouths.

There may be hope for the Brits after all. Reagan/Thatcher/Mulroney (yes, he was doing his part) were a powerful force on the global stage. Maybe Europe will move further libertarian (hopefully). Will Canada, U.S and others do the same? Time will tell...
Smart approach, from an American standpoint. She's plus 1 on statesmanship, plus 1 on American tourism, but a negative 1 to the people of her country on the British economy as her support of trickle down economics goes over like a lead balloon and the exchange rate sees the Pound Sterling down 20%.

Minding her own business is a positive.

Well on issues of a foreign former leader, which might be a legal matter, the same guy who half of the U.S has supported? Definitely she shouldn't weigh in.

If the question as about policies or values of a current administration, I prefer a more transparent approach. Some U.S leaders have been blunt in their assessment of Canadian policies, and it's important because it can impact change (such as the border app and covid requirement, both which Canada is dropping with open criticism from U.S leaders/border states on both sides etc).

Forum List

Back