New rule: Rape, slavery are okay IF you are Muslim

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
For Muslims, rape is not wrong. No consent needed. And, according to this "expert", Muslims are benevolent slave owners and it's not wrong to own another person. Neither rape or slavery are immoral, according to this guy. His lecture was nothing but a very strange and illogical defense of Muslim culture.

"During a recent lecture at the International Institute of Islamic Thought, Brown told his audience that men do not necessarily need consent to have sex with a woman, and that slavery is not in and of itself wrong.
In a lecture that spanned about an hour and twenty minutes, Dr. Brown condemned the practices of slavery in the West (and China), while attempting to argue that slavery in the Muslim world has been far kinder and gentler (which is completely untrue). Dr. Brown also argued that slavery had become “racialized” in the West but was non-racial in the Muslim world, another blatant lie. Lastly, Brown argued that forced labor in the West was abusive but that no such practice ever occurred in the Muslim world (this is another easily disproved lie – see here, here, and here).

Umar Lee is a freelance writer (and a Muslim) who happened to be attending the lecture and was shocked and dismayed at what he heard Dr. Brown teaching.

“Indeed, according to Brown, slaves in the Muslim world lived a pretty good life. I thought the Muslim community was done with this dishonest North Korean style of propaganda. Obviously not…

Brown constructs a world where the wrongs of the West excuse any wrongs (if he believes there are any) in the Muslim World.”

However, Brown went even lower to defend both slavery and rape. He argued that neither slavery nor non-consensual sex (we in the West call this rape) are necessarily immoral.

It’s not immoral for one human to own another human,” Brown stated in his clearest defense of slavery. Brown went onto state that being an employee is basically the same as being a slave…

And on the question of rape:

“Consent isn’t necessary for lawful sex,” said Professor Jonathan Brown of Georgetown University… Brown emphatically stated consent is a modern Western concept and only recently had come to be seen as necessary (perhaps around the time feminism began to take root and women decided they wanted autonomy over their bodies). Brown went on to elaborate consent wasn’t necessary to moral and ethical sex…

Lee concludes his post on the lecture by reminding his readers that if a Catholic, or a Protestant, or a Jew had made these same comments in the same context, they would immediately be attacked by academia and the liberal media. He argued that any non-Muslim University employee who would make a similar defense of slavery or rape would immediately be fired from their position and likely not find work in academia ever again. Sadly, when a Muslim professor does it… no one even bats an eye.

It’s a damning condemnation of the state of our culture, but I don’t expect Dr. Brown to be condemned or fired by Georgetown anytime soon."

Muslim Professor at Georgetown University Defends Slavery and Rape when Done in Islam

Last edited:
herecomesdiversity.jpg

I find it so disturbing that some Muslims are out there saying this stuff and there is no outrage from the left. The same group that would like to see an average white guy tarred and feathered for looking at a woman too long doesn't bat an eye at a Muslim saying that neither rape or slavery are wrong, at least when it's Muslims doing this to people. He claims it's western culture that is screwed up. Like we are the weirdos because we think women can say no and that slavery is just plain wrong.

Of course, sharia law allows men to own women and states that they must obey the men or face harsh consequences, which is why I totally support a ban on sharia law in America. Bad enough that some are coming here and bringing their messed up beliefs with them.

Keep in mind that this is the guy from the OP; born and raised here in the U.S.:

george-brown-portrait.jpeg

And that the OP is a prime example of fake news

Since he's obviously a progressive. Especially with his views of Israel and the fact that you're not critical of his thesis..... We're just making sure we're all having an understanding on the subject of diversity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Keep in mind that this is the guy from the OP; born and raised here in the U.S.:

Since he's obviously a progressive. Especially with his views of Israel and the fact that you're not critical of his thesis..... We're ust making sure we're all having an understanding on the subject of diversity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

We can't know that he's a progressive since the OP is based on fake news. It seems this white guy is supporting a lot of socially conservative viewpoints in his writings.

Since he's obviously a progressive. Especially with his views of Israel and the fact that you're not critical of his thesis..... We're ust making sure we're all having an understanding on the subject of diversity.

*****CHUCKLE*****

We can't know that he's a progressive since the OP is based on fake news. It seems this white guy is supporting a lot of socially conservative viewpoints in his writings.

images

I don't think so. Sounds like the garbage I've been reading in some of the magazines over the last decade or two from supposedly 'progressive' and 'educated' individuals. If the riots and law enforcement officer ambushes by the progressives under the Obama administration, and now the destructive tantrums thrown by the progressives during the last few weeks are any indication. Then the progressive mentality in in concurrence with this guy. If you want to use moral relativism to justify rape, beheadings, and the like, because it's part of their culture then go to the Middle East and live there.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

I don't think so. Sounds like the garbage I've been reading in some of the magazines over the last decade from supposedly 'progressive' and 'educated' individuals. If the riots and law enforcement officer ambushes by the progressives under the Obama administration. And now the destructive tantrums thrown by the progressives during the last few weeks are any indication. Then the progressive mentality in in concurrence with this guy. If you want to use moral relativism to justify rape, beheadings, and the like, because it's part of their culture then go to the Middle East and live there.

*****SMILE*****

Support secular legislation. Religious nuttery is wrong no matter what angle it comes from.

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

I don't think so. Sounds like the garbage I've been reading in some of the magazines over the last decade from supposedly 'progressive' and 'educated' individuals. If the riots and law enforcement officer ambushes by the progressives under the Obama administration. And now the destructive tantrums thrown by the progressives during the last few weeks are any indication. Then the progressive mentality in in concurrence with this guy. If you want to use moral relativism to justify rape, beheadings, and the like, because it's part of their culture then go to the Middle East and live there.

*****SMILE*****

Support secular legislation. Religious nuttery is wrong no matter what angle it comes from.

upload_2017-2-14_0-59-39.jpeg

I support my own beliefs and they don't necessarily agree with the religious or secular.

Haven't paid attention to what my stance on is issues are have you?

*****SMILE*****

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 112236

I support my own beliefs and they don't necessarily agree with the religious or secular.

Haven't paid attention to what my stance on issues are have you?

*****SMILE*****

No I haven't. Since you're a random internet stranger that posts weird shit all the time. A jpeg and video every time? Really?

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 112236

*****SMILE*****

No I haven't. Since you're a random internet stranger that posts weird shit all the time. A jpeg and video every time? Really?

upload_2017-2-14_1-23-31.jpeg

Good. That'll be your first mistake.

*****CHUCKLE*****

images

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 112236

*****SMILE*****

View attachment 112238

Good. That'll be your first mistake.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cuckoo:

For Muslims, rape is not wrong. No consent needed. And, according to this "expert", Muslims are benevolent slave owners and it's not wrong to own another person. Neither rape or slavery are immoral, according to this guy. His lecture was nothing but a very strange and illogical defense of Muslim culture.

"During a recent lecture at the International Institute of Islamic Thought, Brown told his audience that men do not necessarily need consent to have sex with a woman, and that slavery is not in and of itself wrong.
In a lecture that spanned about an hour and twenty minutes, Dr. Brown condemned the practices of slavery in the West (and China), while attempting to argue that slavery in the Muslim world has been far kinder and gentler (which is completely untrue). Dr. Brown also argued that slavery had become “racialized” in the West but was non-racial in the Muslim world, another blatant lie. Lastly, Brown argued that forced labor in the West was abusive but that no such practice ever occurred in the Muslim world (this is another easily disproved lie – see here, here, and here).

Umar Lee is a freelance writer (and a Muslim) who happened to be attending the lecture and was shocked and dismayed at what he heard Dr. Brown teaching.

“Indeed, according to Brown, slaves in the Muslim world lived a pretty good life. I thought the Muslim community was done with this dishonest North Korean style of propaganda. Obviously not…

Brown constructs a world where the wrongs of the West excuse any wrongs (if he believes there are any) in the Muslim World.”

However, Brown went even lower to defend both slavery and rape. He argued that neither slavery nor non-consensual sex (we in the West call this rape) are necessarily immoral.

It’s not immoral for one human to own another human,” Brown stated in his clearest defense of slavery. Brown went onto state that being an employee is basically the same as being a slave…

And on the question of rape:

“Consent isn’t necessary for lawful sex,” said Professor Jonathan Brown of Georgetown University… Brown emphatically stated consent is a modern Western concept and only recently had come to be seen as necessary (perhaps around the time feminism began to take root and women decided they wanted autonomy over their bodies). Brown went on to elaborate consent wasn’t necessary to moral and ethical sex…

Lee concludes his post on the lecture by reminding his readers that if a Catholic, or a Protestant, or a Jew had made these same comments in the same context, they would immediately be attacked by academia and the liberal media. He argued that any non-Muslim University employee who would make a similar defense of slavery or rape would immediately be fired from their position and likely not find work in academia ever again. Sadly, when a Muslim professor does it… no one even bats an eye.

It’s a damning condemnation of the state of our culture, but I don’t expect Dr. Brown to be condemned or fired by Georgetown anytime soon."

Muslim Professor at Georgetown University Defends Slavery and Rape when Done in Islam

Aren't you one of the posters who once said that black Americans were better off for having been enslaved, because they then got to come to America, where their lives ultimately were better than if they'd stayed in Africa?

I know there's been a bunch of those posters here...

Aren't you one of the posters who once said that black Americans were better off for having been enslaved, because they then got to come to America, where their lives ultimately were better than if they'd stayed in Africa?

No, wasn't me. Slavery is wrong. Period. Rape is wrong. Period.

This guy is saying that Muslims do it as part of their culture and that neither rape nor slavery are immoral the way they go about it. He seems to believe they are benevolent slave owners and that owning another person can be a good thing. Of course, women are property in many Muslim countries. Not talking about the terrorists, but the average Muslims. When the typical Muslims support denying women's rights, rape, slavery, beating their wives, genital mutilation of their little girls and forcing women to obey every command of her husband, I just want to know why the hell the left isn't being as hard on them as they are on some Christians for not supporting abortion.

Why don't so many Muslim customs bother liberals? Nary a word of criticism over throwing gays off rooftops and the vile treatment of women and children. All we hear is that it's a religion of peace despite the widespread mistreatment of women throughout Muslim countries. That is such a huge part of Islam and I can't support it. The women who are covered and walk around without being allowed to speak to people don't look at all happy. I've seen many of them at a big hospital I worked at. It just seems inhuman to me for them to follow their husbands like obedient puppies and don't dare make eye contact or even say hello to anyone. What the hell is wrong with people who have continued to see women as objects for centuries? Is it the inbreeding that has permanently caused many to be incapable of reason? And, yes, that is a real thing. Studies have shown that large numbers are indeed inbred and that means babies are born with mental deficiencies.

No, wasn't me. Slavery is wrong. Period. Rape is wrong. Period.

This guy is saying that Muslims do it as part of their culture and that neither rape nor slavery are immoral the way they go about it. He seems to believe they are benevolent slave owners and that owning another person can be a good thing. Of course, women are property in many Muslim countries. Not talking about the terrorists, but the average Muslims. When the typical Muslims support denying women's rights, rape, slavery, beating their wives, genital mutilation of their little girls and forcing women to obey every command of her husband, I just want to know why the hell the left isn't being as hard on them as they are on some Christians for not supporting abortion.

Why don't so many Muslim customs bother liberals? Nary a word of criticism over throwing gays off rooftops and the vile treatment of women and children. All we hear is that it's a religion of peace despite the widespread mistreatment of women throughout Muslim countries. That is such a huge part of Islam and I can't support it. The women who are covered and walk around without being allowed to speak to people don't look at all happy. I've seen many of them at a big hospital I worked at. It just seems inhuman to me for them to follow their husbands like obedient puppies and don't dare make eye contact or even say hello to anyone. What the hell is wrong with people who have continued to see women as objects for centuries? Is it the inbreeding that has permanently caused many to be incapable of reason? And, yes, that is a real thing. Studies have shown that large numbers are indeed inbred and that means babies are born with mental deficiencies.

Read post 18.

Forum List

Back