🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Strategy From Rittenhouse Defense Team; He Was Just Hunting

I think he is saying that you can be in unlawful possession of a firearm; kill someone in self defense....win on the grounds of self defense, but still be subject to charges of unlawful possession...
For example, a story recently made famous by Dave Chappelle about a rapper who was cleared of murder charges due to self defense....but still found guilty of unlawful carry of a concealed weapon...
Correct
"You cant claim self-defens when committing a crime " refers to robbing a bank, raping the farmers daughter, selling drugs, evading the police, or other such things.

If you, a felon and otherwise obeying the law, are attacked, grab the gun from one of yoru assilants, and shoot one or more of your assailants, your claims of self-defense is not negated by the fact you illegally possessed a firearm.

I think he is saying that you can be in unlawful possession of a firearm; kill someone in self defense....win on the grounds of self defense, but still be subject to charges of unlawful possession...

For example, a story recently made famous by Dave Chappelle about a rapper who was cleared of murder charges due to self defense....but still found guilty of unlawful carry of a concealed weapon...

That's my whole point, self defense is legal whether the gun is or not. It doesn't matter, too many people already decided this case, I'll wait for the jury.

That's my whole point, self defense is legal whether the gun is or not. It doesn't matter, too many people already decided this case, I'll wait for the jury.
When he is acquitted...do you also believe he should run for Congress or the presidency because of this?

When he is acquitted...do you also believe he should run for Congress or the presidency because of this?

The level of responsibility and bravery shown, would make him a good candidate imo.

Plus, it would make the lefty heads explode, so that is a plus.

You posted your opinion. How about you provide some evidence to back it up.

The level of responsibility and bravery shown, would make him a good candidate imo.

Plus, it would make the lefty heads explode, so that is a plus.
As usual with you folks, its only feelings, not policies....

As usual, its the need to trigger the libs...if not breathing air triggered the libs, yo dumb ass would suffocate yourself to death

What if he wanted to pass universal health care?

Would that be ok as long as he promises not to let "libs" have it?

Yes, but if the prosecution makes the case that his going there was "looking for trouble", all the defense has to do is point out that there is a reasonable doubt that he MIGHT have just wanted to deter rioters from destroying the building.
You make an interesting point.
What if someone went into Washington DC on January 6th, and started shooting protesters breaking into the Capitol.

Would you take the same position?

As usual with you folks, its only feelings, not policies....

As usual, its the need to trigger the libs...if not breathing air triggered the libs, yo dumb ass would suffocate yourself to death

What if he wanted to pass universal health care?

Would that be ok as long as he promises not to let "libs" have it?

Errr, did you miss the FIRST TWO points I made about his character as demonstrated by his behavior?

The "trolling" aspect was a bonus afterthought.

If it turns out that despite his good character, that his policies were ill advised, then his initially good image would be adjusted accordingly.

REally, that this needs explained to you, is really alarming.

How would you handle it, if someone that looked good to you for some reason, on closer examination turned out to be "less good"?

Just stand by your initial assessment despite new data?

What if someone went into Washington DC on January 6th, and started shooting protesters breaking into the Capitol.
According to the lunatic left, Jan 6 was an armed protest.
Thus, they would have shot back.

LOL

So your argument is that Rittenhouse was engaged in target practice or a course of instruction as he walked the streets of Kenosha that night while armed with a rifle??
Yes. There's nothing in the law that says that a 17 year old member of the U.S. militia walking the streets armed along with adult fellow U.S. militia members who have more experience does not constitute a traditional course of instruction.

In fact, the law does not define what does and does not constitute a traditional course of instruction. Therefore it is extremely ambiguous.

SCOTUS has already ruled that if a criminal law is ambiguous, the court must rule in favor of the defendant.

The entire case should be dismissed. Kyle should have never even been charged and the crooked prosecutor knows that.

Last edited:

According to the lunatic left, Jan 6 was an armed protest.
Thus, they would have shot back.
Then you agree that private citizens would be able to fire upon the protesters breaking into the Capitol on january 6th, in order to protect the Capitol?

And you would be O.K. with that?

Yes. There's nothing in the law that says that a 17 year old member of the US militia walking the streets armed with adult fellow US militia members does not constitute a traditional course of instruction.

In fact, the law does not define what does and does not constitute a traditional course of instruction. Therefore it is extremely ambiguous.
Federal law, example OSHA under 29 CFR 1911 defines what a course of instruction requires. And just standing next to somebody fails on it's face.

Yes. There's nothing in the law that says that a 17 year old member of the U.S. militia walking the streets armed with adult fellow U.S. militia members does not constitute a traditional course of instruction.

SCOTUS has already ruled that if a criminal law is ambiguous, the court must rule in favor of the defendant.

The entire case should be dismissed.
LOL

It's not ambiguous just because you say it is. A course of instruction requires instruction on handling a firearm.

Show evidence that occurred...

Then you agree that private citizens would be able to fire upon the protesters breaking into the Capitol on january 6th, in order to protect the Capitol?

And you would be O.K. with that?
That's not at all what I said.
Try again.
If a private citizen can arm himself to protect the private property of a stranger. You should surely defend the same of a private citizen doing the same to protect government property, which he has an actual stake in.

If a private citizen can arm himself....
You asked:
I said:
As they were supposedly heavily armed, they'd shoot back.

When you have response relevant to what I said, let me know.

If the lefty militia type was standing there, in clear view, defending the building, in an attempt to deter any attack, and only using force once an attack is made, then yes.

If the lefty militia type was hidden in a blind, waiting for some excuse to open up, hoping for it, and not wanting to discourage it, then no.

It is worth noting, of course, that Rittenhouse was not even at the building when attacked and tried to run away, repeatedly.

Forum List

Back