🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Study Finds that Present CO2 Levels are Capable of Melting Large Portions of East and West Antar

"Capable of"? You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

How stupid can people get? If it were "capable" it would be happening...that is how chemical and physical reactions work. CO2 has zero or less effect on global temperatures.

You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

Don't they emit smart photons? DERP!

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...you and old rocks seem to think that they must be smart in order to obey those laws...old rocks invented smart photons any you jumped right on up on the wagon with him...you two belong together.

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...

Is that why you think equilibrium is a dirty, dirty lie?

I don't...equilibrium doesn't mean two way energy flow...refer to the SB equation for objects radiating at temperatures other than 0K.. Set T and Tc to zero...P = what?

I think they simply obey the laws of physics

The law that says the Sun's surface can't emit, because it's surrounded by the hotter corona?
That's one of my favorites.
And the one where you confuse heat with radiation, eh?

old rocks invented smart photons

I thought that was you when you said they can measure the temp of all matter across all time and space?

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow? Didn't think so. You keep right on riding that wagon with rocks.

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow?

Yes.

So you are a liar also....not surprising.

View attachment 142075

You can't read a graph, not surprising.

And exactly where do you think you see a direct measurement of two way energy flow there?

What you have there is a few measurements made with a pyrogeometer...the instrument works by converting temperature changes within an internal thermopile to electrical signals...you would have as much success determining upward or downward flux with a wooden stick as with a pyrogeometer.. But it isn't surprising that you have been fooled by instrumentation just like your buddy Ian and all the rest of the believers.

And exactly where do you think you see a direct measurement of two way energy flow there?

Isn't IR moving up from the surface toward space, constantly?
Now I've posted evidence of IR moving from the atmosphere toward the surface.
If that's not two way energy flow, what is it?

What you have there is a few measurements made with a pyrogeometer...the instrument works by converting temperature changes within an internal thermopile to electrical signals...

It's true, incoming IR from the atmosphere will cause a temperature change.

But it isn't surprising that you have been fooled by instrumentation

The instrumentation isn't measuring downward IR? Please, tell me more.

"Capable of"? You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

How stupid can people get? If it were "capable" it would be happening...that is how chemical and physical reactions work. CO2 has zero or less effect on global temperatures.

You mean if the CO2 levels decide to that they can?

Don't they emit smart photons? DERP!

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...you and old rocks seem to think that they must be smart in order to obey those laws...old rocks invented smart photons any you jumped right on up on the wagon with him...you two belong together.

I don't think they do...I think they simply obey the laws of physics...

Is that why you think equilibrium is a dirty, dirty lie?

I don't...equilibrium doesn't mean two way energy flow...refer to the SB equation for objects radiating at temperatures other than 0K.. Set T and Tc to zero...P = what?

I don't...equilibrium doesn't mean two way energy flow

Please, share your definition. It will be helpful if you find a dictionary that agrees with that definition.

...refer to the SB equation for objects radiating at temperatures other than 0K..

Cool. I pick 300K. Just for fun, imagine a second, identical object, hidden from the first also at 300K.

Do they emit identical amounts of energy?

Set T and Tc to zero

Matter at absolute zero doesn't emit. Matter at 300K does, right?

I think they simply obey the laws of physics

The law that says the Sun's surface can't emit, because it's surrounded by the hotter corona?
That's one of my favorites.
And the one where you confuse heat with radiation, eh?

old rocks invented smart photons

I thought that was you when you said they can measure the temp of all matter across all time and space?

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow? Didn't think so. You keep right on riding that wagon with rocks.

Do you have a measurement of two way energy flow?

Yes.

So you are a liar also....not surprising.

View attachment 142075

You can't read a graph, not surprising.

What you have there is a few measurements made with a pyrogeometer...the instrument works by converting temperature changes within an internal thermopile to electrical signals...you would have as much success determining upward or downward flux with a wooden stick as with a pyrogeometer.. But it isn't surprising that you have been fooled by instrumentation just like your buddy Ian and all the rest of the believers.

You left out our other buddy....Albert Einstein. He was a big fan of thought experiments too.

So how do you suppose the internal thermopile knows which direction the IR is coming from? Thermopiles just react to warming and cooling.

I
t's true, incoming IR from the atmosphere will cause a temperature change.

As will IR coming some any other direction. Thermopiles don't know where the energy that is heating them comes from..or where the energy they are losing when they are cooling is going.

You are making assumptions about the instrumentation and what is being measured that are flawed...i.e...you are being fooled by instrumentation

It is a thermopile...it only measures whether it is getting warmer or cooler and by how much and how fast...that's it...the rest is an assumption.

Please, share your definition. It will be helpful if you find a dictionary that agrees with that definition.

Pretty much any dictionary will do...

Dictionary.com - 1. a stable condition in which forces cancel one another

the free dictionary - A condition in which all acting influences are canceled by others, resulting in a stable,balanced, or unchanging system.

Cool. I pick 300K. Just for fun, imagine a second, identical object, hidden from the first also at 300K.

Set T and Tc to 300...or 3,000,000....P still equals zero

So how do you suppose the internal thermopile knows which direction the IR is coming from? Thermopiles just react to warming and cooling.

I
t's true, incoming IR from the atmosphere will cause a temperature change.

As will IR coming some any other direction. Thermopiles don't know where the energy that is heating them comes from..or where the energy they are losing when they are cooling is going.

You are making assumptions about the instrumentation and what is being measured that are flawed...i.e...you are being fooled by instrumentation

It is a thermopile...it only measures whether it is getting warmer or cooler and by how much and how fast...that's it...the rest is an assumption.

So how do you suppose the internal thermopile knows which direction the IR is coming from?

When the aperture is pointed up at the sky, that means it's measuring downward IR. DURR......

It is a thermopile...it only measures whether it is getting warmer or cooler and by how much and how fast...

Yes, the downward IR is what stops it from cooling to the temperature of outer space.

Pretty much any dictionary will do...

Dictionary.com - 1. a stable condition in which forces cancel one another

the free dictionary - A condition in which all acting influences are canceled by others, resulting in a stable, balanced, or unchanging system.

Set T and Tc to 300...or 3,000,000....P still equals zero

a stable condition in which forces cancel one another

You think photons from one body cancel photons from another body?
This is why we mock you.

A condition in which all acting influences are canceled by others

Energy in equals energy out. That works.

Set T and Tc to 300...

Great. So we have the two identical, freely radiating objects at 300K.
We put them next to each other, net energy loss, P = 0.

or 3,000,000....P still equals zero

You bet. Now, you should think about the temperatures of the Sun's surface and the Sun's corona.
What do you suppose the value of P is now?

I can find a study that says the Earth will be gone in 30 days........

Relax.....the Earth will be ok......with or without humans.......it's had a bit more practice than humans have.

Besides, there is no way to control every nation and their CO2 output......just relax

Where is your PHD to dispute this study? Sure the earth will be here but most live will be going bye bye.
No problem... 99% of all life that has ever existed has gone extinct. Its perfectly natural. Relax

The whole world is preparing for the inevitable.

Except approximately 30% of the US.

The problem is, these dinosaurs are holding progress back. They're afraid
Or they're stupid. That really doesn't matter. What matters is that we don't let them kill the US.

We've already seen that they want to make China, India the leaders of the world. While these few Americans argue what we know is fact, other countries are leaving us in the dirt, and that's what Trump and Gus followers want.

We need to do whatever we must to pound them to dust.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Or they're stupid. That really doesn't matter. What matters is that we don't let them kill the US.

We've already seen that they want to make China, India the leaders of the world. While these few Americans argue what we know is fact, other countries are leaving us in the dirt, and that's what Trump and Gus followers want.

You buying a lot of more expensive, less reliable "green energy" to save the planet?

Are you gonna pound us with your bongs?
Run us over with your EV?

When the aperture is pointed up at the sky, that means it's measuring downward IR. DURR......

Actually it means no such thing...just another assumption that results in you being fooled by instrumentation.

Rather than have a long conversation with someone who isn't capable of holding up his end of said conversation, I am going to provide you with actual experiment, observation, and measurement which identifies what non cooled instruments like pyrogeometer, etc are measuring and what they are not measuring...

Accept actual observation and measurements that determine what the instrument is detecting, or remain deluded and operating from assumptions....that seems to be your natural state anyway...

http://principia-scientific.org/publications/New_Concise_Experiment_on_Backradiation.pdf

Yes, the downward IR is what stops it from cooling to the temperature of outer space.

Yet more assumptions, but what else is new?

Actually it means no such thing...just another assumption that results in you being fooled by instrumentation.

Rather than have a long conversation with someone who isn't capable of holding up his end of said conversation, I am going to provide you with actual experiment, observation, and measurement which identifies what non cooled instruments like pyrogeometer, etc are measuring and what they are not measuring...

Accept actual observation and measurements that determine what the instrument is detecting, or remain deluded and operating from assumptions....that seems to be your natural state anyway...

http://principia-scientific.org/publications/New_Concise_Experiment_on_Backradiation.pdf

Actually it means no such thing

Oh, it must be measuring IR from directions it's not pointed. LOL!

Thanks for the link. Is proof that the atmosphere never radiated IR downward on any particular page, or do I have to go thru the entire PDF to realize nothing helps prove your claim?

Correct my assumption. Explain what the temperature would be if IR escaped unimpeded.

Does thermal radiation emitted by a cooler atmosphere warm up a warmer surface by backradiation?

No, thermal radiation emitted by the atmosphere does not warm up the warmer surface. This argument is unphysical because the thermal radiation emitted by the atmosphere is never higher than the thermal radiation emitted by the surface and it decreases in time in accordance to the thermal radiation emitted by the surface; additionally, the negative change of temperature of the atmosphere increases in time, contrary to what would happen if it were warming up the surface.

Did you notice the underlined sentence? The sentence that agrees the atmosphere emits downward? DERP!

What are infrared thermometers, radiometers, pyrgeometers, and pyrometers measuring as they are pointed up towards the sky?

Infrared thermometers, radiometers, pyrgeometers, and pyrometers measure thermal radiation limited by the range adjusted[12] at 0.1-14 μm emitted from cirri and globules of air at different heights, which are rising vertically through the atmosphere.

Or this one? LOL!

From this experiment with IR thermometers and radiometers, I found that what we are really measuring when we point these devices towards a clear sky in an angle of 90° with respect to the surface, is a limited range of thermal radiation[12] at wavelengths from 0.1 to 14 μm emitted by globules of air at high altitudes.

OMG!
These devices measured thermal radiation emitted at high altitudes.
Pretty cool, eh?
It's almost like this guy is saying the atmosphere is emitting IR downward, agreeing with me.

So weird.
I do love it when your sources refute your claims and support my claims.

your in the minority... that 30% are the fools who believe the AGW crap.

So weird.

Delusion must be your middle name...the whole experiment refuted the idea that pyrogeometers etc were measuring backradiation...

This experiment demonstrates that radiometers record thermal radiation of floating globules of rarified hot air at 6 to 30 km in altitude (corresponding to upper troposphere and stratosphere) that transfer thermal radiation towards cooler volumes of air.

Transferring radiation to cooler volumes of air is not back radiating anything. Not to worry, I didn't expect that you would understand it anyway...and even if you did, I expected you would deny observed measured evidence in favor of unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models like any true cultist.

So weird.

Delusion must be your middle name...the whole experiment refuted the idea that pyrogeometers etc were measuring backradiation...

This experiment demonstrates that radiometers record thermal radiation of floating globules of rarified hot air at 6 to 30 km in altitude (corresponding to upper troposphere and stratosphere) that transfer thermal radiation towards cooler volumes of air.

Transferring radiation to cooler volumes of air is not back radiating anything. Not to worry, I didn't expect that you would understand it anyway...and even if you did, I expected you would deny observed measured evidence in favor of unobservable, unmeasurable, untestable mathematical models like any true cultist.

the whole experiment refuted the idea that pyrogeometers etc were measuring backradiation...

This experiment demonstrates that radiometers record thermal radiation of floating globules of rarified hot air at 6 to 30 km in altitude

Quick question, how does a radiometer on the ground measure thermal radiation of something 6 to 30 km in altitude?

I expected you would deny observed measured evidence

Like you ignored this observed measured evidence?

upload_2017-8-5_20-3-21.png

LOL!

Hahahaha. And they always do. SSDD has such a small selection of references to choose from that he has to pick the ones that disagree with him the least, not ones that support him.

Forum List

Back