🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New study says e-cig vapor contains cancer-causing formaldehyde

Sounds like if you keep your puffing below a certain voltage and rate you are safe. Somehow that doesnt convince me there is no danger.

You realize that taking a shower has dangers too, right. Taking long hot showers give off cancerous chemicals also.

Are you going to stop taking showers?

Idiot.

I have been using E-cigarettes with great results for many months now.

But I do not use nicotine in my E -cigarette, only the juice, so this does not apply. :)

"This could pose a risk to users who increase the voltage on their e-cigarette to increase the delivery of vaporized nicotine".

No nicotine for moi!

Do you drink beer with your cig?

No I don't :)

And now a message from the American Cancer Society

Are e-cigarettes safe?
Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look like cigarettes. When the smoker puffs on it, the system delivers a mist of liquid, flavorings, and nicotine that looks something like smoke. The smoker inhales it, and the nicotine is absorbed into the lungs. Some people think they can be used to help people give up tobacco.

The makers of e-cigarettes say that they are safe, but this only means the ingredients have been found to be safe to eat. Inhaling a substance is not the same as swallowing it. There are questions about how safe it is to inhale some substances in the e-cigarette vapor into the lungs. Since e-cigarettes are not labeled with their ingredients, the user doesn’t know what’s in them. The amounts of nicotine and other substances a person gets from each cartridge are also unclear.

A study done by the FDA found cancer-causing substances in half the e-cigarette samples tested. Other impurities were also found, including one sample with diethylene glycol, a toxic ingredient found in antifreeze.

Studies have shown that e-cigarettes can cause short-term lung changes that are much like those caused by regular cigarettes. But long-term health effects are still unclear. This is an active area of research.

We do know that electronic cigarettes are designed to deliver nicotine, and nicotine is addictive. This strongly suggests that e-cigarette use will lead to dependence, unless the user weans him or herself from them. A CDC survey published in 2013 showed that e-cigarette use in middle school and high school students doubled between 2011 and 2012, with 10% of high school students and 3% of middle school kids using them and risking addiction to nicotine. Among high school students, 80% smoked regular cigarettes and used e-cigarettes at the same time.

Because the American Cancer Society doesn’t yet know whether e-cigarettes are safe and effective, we cannot recommend them to help people quit smoking. There are proven methods available to help people quit, including pure forms of inhalable nicotine as well as nasal sprays, gums, and patches.

Until electronic cigarettes are scientifically proven to be safe and effective, ACS will support the regulation of e-cigarettes and laws that treat them like all other tobacco products.

Are any types of cigarettes safe to smoke American Cancer Society

Cancerous chemicals are found while taking long hot showers.

Next

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor!

WARNING: Neither is this poster a scientist nor a doctor. But if she is, she ain't the sharpest tack in the wall.

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor! Please speak to your own personal doctor about the dangers of smoking. Do not listen to this idiot on Climate Change, listen to the majority of "real" scientists.

I got my info from common damn sense...something you obviously were hatched without.
Common sense doesnt come in a cracker jack box. Thats the toy for the kids.

See algore...he got his Nobel prize out of a cracker jack box.
I have you. I dont need al gore.

Sounds like if you keep your puffing below a certain voltage and rate you are safe. Somehow that doesnt convince me there is no danger.

You realize that taking a shower has dangers too, right. Taking long hot showers give off cancerous chemicals also.

Who told you taking hot showers give off cancerous chemicals? You better have a link for that claim.

Who told you taking hot showers give off cancerous chemicals? You better have a link for that claim.

Yikes! I wonder how long its been since he showered? :p

American Cancer Society? They've been around as long as the Wright brothers have (1903) tell me, what Cancers have they cured?

I guess I should have said my own personal physician.

Yeah, I guess you should HAVE.

The 1982 United States Surgeon General’s report stated that “Cigarette smoking is the major single cause of cancer mortality [death] in the United States .” This statement is as true today as it was then.

Cigarette Smoking

And they would be lying their freaking asses off...And try 1964 as the year the bullshit started.

Lung Cancer Risks for Non-smokers

excerpt:

Staying away from tobacco is the most important thing any of us can do to avoid getting lung cancer. But it’s not a guarantee. Every year, about 16,000 to 24,000 Americans die of lung cancer, even though they have never smoked. In fact, if lung cancer in non-smokers had its own separate category, it would rank among the top 10 fatal cancers in the United States.

A
nd even this article tries to pass it off as something other than heredity of cancer prone genes from one generation to the next. Radon gas? Bullshit! They do mention "gene mutations" which is exactly what I'm talking about...but they mention it LAST in the article. It's first, in both smokers and non-smokers with cancer.

The Reports of the Surgeon General The 1964 Report on Smoking and Health

WARNING: Neither is this poster a scientist nor a doctor. But if she is, she ain't the sharpest tack in the wall.

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor! Please speak to your own personal doctor about the dangers of smoking. Do not listen to this idiot on Climate Change, listen to the majority of "real" scientists.

I got my info from common damn sense...something you obviously were hatched without.
Common sense doesnt come in a cracker jack box. Thats the toy for the kids.

See algore...he got his Nobel prize out of a cracker jack box.
I have you. I dont need al gore.
You do if you want to buy some of algore's carbon credits.

The 1982 United States Surgeon General’s report stated that “Cigarette smoking is the major single cause of cancer mortality [death] in the United States .” This statement is as true today as it was then.

Cigarette Smoking

And they would be lying their freaking asses off...And try 1964 as the year the bullshit started.

excerpt:

Staying away from tobacco is the most important thing any of us can do to avoid getting lung cancer. But it’s not a guarantee. Every year, about 16,000 to 24,000 Americans die of lung cancer, even though they have never smoked. In fact, if lung cancer in non-smokers had its own separate category, it would rank among the top 10 fatal cancers in the United States.

A
nd even this article tries to pass it off as something other than heredity of cancer prone genes from one generation to the next. Radon gas? Bullshit! They do mention "gene mutations" which is exactly what I'm talking about...but they mention it LAST in the article. It's first, in both smokers and non-smokers with cancer.

Thank you Doctor Porky, but I'll be sticking with my very own doctor.

Cigarette Smoking

excerpt:

A

Thank you Doctor Porky, but I'll be sticking with my very own doctor.
Better stop claiming you have a doctorate in medicine, you phony oncologist, you.

ROTFL110x85.gif

Ok

Dangers of Chlorine In Your Shower Underground Health Reporter

Ok

Next, Radon

You test you home yet?

Yikes! I wonder how long its been since he showered? :p

Oh, don't worry, I shower daily. Then again I don't live my life paranoid cause I read something on the internet.

After reading this you will stop though, seeing how fearful you are of such things.

The most current findings from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) indicate that virtually every home in America has a detectable level of chloroform gas in the air. Chloroform is a derivative of chlorine and formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. Chlorine and showering are its source. Anyone who showers regularly should be concerned about the dangers of chlorine exposure, but especially those who suffer from dry and irritated skin; damaged and brittle hair; flaky or itchy scalp; or redness and burning of the eyes.

Oh my!

Make sure you don't inhale !

Hazards of Chlorine in Your Shower Life Enthusiast Blog

Last edited:
I like to Vap Mom's vegtable soup. I like to take the lid off the pot and inhale the delicious Vaps. I wonder if I'm at risk of getting cancer from that.

Cigarette Smoking

excerpt:

A

Second leading cause of lung cancer deaths is not second hand smoke or vaping, it's radon

In Highlighting Radon s Risks Context Needed NPR

There I go, educating again

Oh my

I like to Vap Mom's vegtable soup. I like to take the lid off the pot and inhale the delicious Vaps. I wonder if I'm at risk of getting cancer from that.

If she uses tap water the steam likely contains chloroform and formaldehyde.

But dam, I'd do it anyway
She hasn't had to go dip water from the well since she was a kid. She does use the "city' tap water. I understand it's got both chlorine and fluoride in it.

Forum List

Back