New Twitter alternative creates platform for opposing views

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
New Twitter Alternative Creates Platform For Opposing Views

Gab is the brainchild of Andrew Torba, an adtech startup founder who now lives in Austin, Texas:

Free market solutions to globalism
---------------------------------------------------------------------

This site isn't too bad, it may be hard to get use to since they haven't been around as long as Twitter but it has great features and well it's pretty nice.

Twitter does way to much censoring, I think it could be as good as USMB here, these guys really let people spew their feelings without nec. getting kicked off depending on how far you take it obviously.

But so many other boards , would have most of us on here kicked off by now.. Even for something as small as sayig

FK you................

USMB ROCKS!!!

I don't have a Twitter account. Does Twitter not allow one to express whatever thoughts one might have? I cannot imagine that there are not opposing points of view that are not expressed on Twitter. Obama and Trump use Twitter. It doesn't get much more opposing than that. What one cannot say on Twitter surely can be said in one's own blog. I'm just wondering what's not present that this new service delivers.

As for whether there's room for competition in the "brief self expression whereof one can obtain others' approbation" I suppose there is.

I don't have a Twitter account. Does Twitter not allow one to express whatever thoughts one might have? I cannot imagine that there are not opposing points of view that are not expressed on Twitter. Obama and Trump use Twitter. It doesn't get much more opposing than that. What one cannot say on Twitter surely can be said in one's own blog. I'm just wondering what's not present that this new service delivers.

As for whether there's room for competition in the "brief self expression whereof one can obtain others' approbation" I suppose there is.

Well it's the typical argument of what is free speech, same bs going on with FB.

Examples are :

upload_2017-4-23_9-11-58.png

As long as it doesn't become a stewpot for radicalizing terrorists of any stripe.
You never hear jihadis expounding here, although I suspect they've tried. Curbing language isn't always as bad as some people make it out to be. I can't argue with you about the individual examples you posted, but I do see the link is InfoWars, so I view that with healthy skepticism.

As long as it doesn't become a stewpot for radicalizing terrorists of any stripe.
You never hear jihadis expounding here, although I suspect they've tried. Curbing language isn't always as bad as some people make it out to be. I can't argue with you about the individual examples you posted, but I do see the link is InfoWars, so I view that with healthy skepticism.

Thank you for your input.

Forum List

Back