New 'wrikle' to STOP the Keystone Pipeline Project

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Have to hand it to the Sioux......We owe them a debt of gratitude.

The Lakota Sioux Tribe or Great Sioux Nation as it known in English, pressed on in its fight against the Keystone Pipeline. In a press release dated April 29, 2015, the Lower Brule Lakota Sioux Tribe of South Dakota invoked a clause from the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 wherein the US Government agreed to "proceed at once to cause the offender to be arrested and punished according to the laws of the United States." The accused "offender" in this case: foreign tar sands pipeline company TransCanada.

The press release calls for the enforcement of this treaty clause against TransCanada, and also states that "roughly 40% of South Dakota is off limits to TransCanada."

Nine treaties concluded between the United States and various Indian tribes in 1867 and 1868 each contain what is known as a "bad men" provision. Within each of these provisions is a clause in which the United States promises to reimburse Indians for injuries sustained as a result of wrongs committed by "bad men among the whites, or among other people subject to the authority of the United States."

First off the Keystone Pipeline is completed from Alberta to the Gulf. Has been for some time.

We're talking a puny stretch that is just a minor extension to the Keystone called the XL.

And the Sioux stance is bullshit. Already been thru this. The extension wouldn't cross their land.

So how do you owe them a debt of gratitude? Just curious to see what bullshit you come up with.

The Lakota Sioux Tribe or Great Sioux Nation as it known in English, pressed on in its fight against the Keystone Pipeline. In a press release dated April 29, 2015, the Lower Brule Lakota Sioux Tribe of South Dakota invoked a clause from the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1868 wherein the US Government agreed to "proceed at once to cause the offender to be arrested and punished according to the laws of the United States." The accused "offender" in this case: foreign tar sands pipeline company TransCanada.

The press release calls for the enforcement of this treaty clause against TransCanada, and also states that "roughly 40% of South Dakota is off limits to TransCanada."

Nine treaties concluded between the United States and various Indian tribes in 1867 and 1868 each contain what is known as a "bad men" provision. Within each of these provisions is a clause in which the United States promises to reimburse Indians for injuries sustained as a result of wrongs committed by "bad men among the whites, or among other people subject to the authority of the United States."

Yes, the left again fighting for energy dependence and to make sure we continue to fund the bad guys on top of most of the world's oil, well done.

Oh, and I do like you shipping all that oil in tiny boats over the giant ocean to protect the environment.

LOL, couldn't make you people up if I tried...

Will be interesting to see if Alberta keeps up production under their new provincial government.

Yes, the left again fighting for energy dependence and to make sure we continue to fund the bad guys on top of most of the world's oil, well done.

Oh, and I do like you shipping all that oil in tiny boats over the giant ocean to protect the environment.

This is the real problem I have with this entire thing. The FACT is that the environmental studies have shown the keystone XL is MORE FRIENDLY THAN CURRENT METHODS. IOW, the left is pushing against cleaner measures. It shows how this is a political football rather than a real issue. The only ones against its implementation are partisans trying to 'score' for the democrats.

This is the real problem I have with this entire thing. The FACT is that the environmental studies have shown the keystone XL is MORE FRIENDLY THAN CURRENT METHODS. IOW, the left is pushing against cleaner measures. It shows how this is a political football rather than a real issue. The only ones against its implementation are partisans trying to 'score' for the democrats.

Well, Democrats do need oil to drive their SUVs to environmental rallies, it has to come from somewhere

First off the Keystone Pipeline is completed from Alberta to the Gulf. Has been for some time.

We're talking a puny stretch that is just a minor extension to the Keystone called the XL.

And the Sioux stance is bullshit. Already been thru this. The extension wouldn't cross their land.

You sound like the type of person who urinates in a pool, claiming, "I only peed on MY end of the pool:

Have you nitwits EVER wondered why the pipeline sending down basically TAR throughout the US, finally ends up in Houston?

Sure, some US refineries would make tons of money, but that product will make its way to China and India.....

IF a spill occurs....and God knows you CANNOT say it won't happen, the environmental catastrophe regarding water and crops would be devastating..........and any lone-wolf terrorist probably knows it.

In the face of all the oil train derailments that have pollute and caused citizens to be evacuated, I have experienced growing support for Keystone.
Will Keystone provide all the employment, I doubt it. But the possibility of a rail accident involving a oil train in a heavily populated area/city grows with each day. That would be devastating.
Keystone isn't risk free by any stretch of the imagination, but I see the threat to the environment and more importantly people greater by the inadequate condition of our rail infrastructure as a greater threat.

Have you nitwits EVER wondered why the pipeline sending down basically TAR throughout the US, finally ends up in Houston?

Sure, some US refineries would make tons of money, but that product will make its way to China and India.....

IF a spill occurs....and God knows you CANNOT say it won't happen, the environmental catastrophe regarding water and crops would be devastating..........and any lone-wolf terrorist probably knows it.
And the idiotic thing to state is the risk of keystone without factoring in the risk of no keystone. All of those against the pipeline leave out the alternative methods of delivery because they are all worse.

In the face of all the oil train derailments that have pollute and caused citizens to be evacuated, I have experienced growing support for Keystone.
Will Keystone provide all the employment, I doubt it. But the possibility of a rail accident involving a oil train in a heavily populated area/city grows with each day. That would be devastating.
Keystone isn't risk free by any stretch of the imagination, but I see the threat to the environment and more importantly people greater by the inadequate condition of our rail infrastructure as a greater threat.
And therein lies the problem. That oil WILL be pulled and refined. The question hinges on weather or not we want to transport it with the safest method available or a more dangerous one.

15xux68.gif

Gee. How many roads, bridges, and other infrastructure do you think is contained inside those boundaries?

5tyobb.jpg

The pipeline will miss both reservations. But the Indians said all the right buzz words about the environment and global warming, and so the rubes did not check their claims.

You sound like the type of person who urinates in a pool, claiming, "I only peed on MY end of the pool:

Yeah, but you'd be the one fighting not to have the water filtered, because it would hurt the water.

Funny how people complaining about the environment drive vehicles that pollute said environment. It's also funny how they complain about the price of gas but then fight methods and ways of making it cheaper.

Keystone isn't risk free by any stretch of the imagination, but I see the threat to the environment and more importantly people greater by the inadequate condition of our rail infrastructure as a greater threat

The salient point is being MISSED altogether....

The tar/sand/oil is NOT really going to be ours....it is going to other countries who are willing to pay top dollar for it.

SO, we are just the conduit AND nothing more than the refiners of that slush......We are basically "prostituting" our environment so that refiners could make some big bucks.

So it's a bad thing to grow our standing as a major oil supplier to the world?

Forum List

Back