🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York AG: Trump now under criminal investigation

Am I the only one who realizes that the Trump Organization is a different entity than Donald Trump, the individual?
It really isn't.

The funny thing is, that stupid person who you replied to has no idea what it's taking about.

But then, when you're dealing with people who believe Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man, there really is no limit to the stupidity.
then why is the suit against an organization rather than the man? tell us genius.
What suit are you specifically referring to?
The OP?
The OP talks about an investigation, not a lawsuit.
point is still the same.

how did he do that? Mueller was out of his control and so were he impeachments. you're seriously confused.
How did he do that? He just refused to cooperate and given he was the chief executive, no one could force him to do so.

Did you not notice all the obstruction of investigations?

how did he do that? Mueller was out of his control and so were he impeachments. you're seriously confused.
How did he do that? He just refused to cooperate and given he was the chief executive, no one could force him to do so.

Did you not notice all the obstruction of investigations?
refused to coorperate? how does anyone under investigation owe an obligation to the investigation? explain how our law actually works, can you say it? innocent until proven........ Not obligated to cooperate. you are a strange bird indeed. you should learn about America.

you think rape suspects admit to rape and murders offer up the weapons. you are a screw lost.

Apparently it has moved from civil to criminal.

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, New York AG Letitia James’s press secretary, said in an email Tuesday night. “We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment.”

Trump Organization Now Under Criminal Investigation, New York Attorney General Says
Letitia James is the biggest douchebag ever elected to public office. She campaigned on investigating Trump. That alone is sufficient justification for throwing out of court any case she files. Only a woke Trump-hating douchebag would support this behavior.

On Tuesday, Attorney General Letitia James (D-N.Y.) announced that her office would join the Manhattan district attorney in a criminal investigation of the Trump Organization. James had begun investigating the organization in 2019, but her office recently launched a criminal complaint. Former President Donald Trump condemned the investigation in the harshest of terms.
“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the organization is no longer purely civil in nature. We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA,” James’ spokesman Fabien Levy told CNN.
“There is nothing more corrupt than an investigation that is in desperate search of a crime. But, make no mistake, that is exactly what is happening here,” Trump said in a statement on Wednesday.
The former president said he learned of the criminal probe from legacy media coverage. He framed this as one more witch hunt after nearly six years of relentless attacks. This investigation came after Trump was “under investigation from the time I came down the escalator 5 ½ years ago, including the fake Russia Russia Russia Hoax, the 2 year, $48M, No Collusion Mueller Witch Hunt, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, and others.”
“The Attorney General of New York literally campaigned on prosecuting Donald Trump even before she knew anything about me,” the former president said. “She said that if elected, she would use her office to look into ‘every aspect’ of my real estate dealings. She swore that she would ‘definitely sue’ me. She boasted on video that she would be, and I quote, ‘a real pain in the ass.’ She declared, ‘just wait until I’m in the Attorney General’s office,’ and, ‘I’ve got my eyes on Trump Tower.'”

how does anyone under investigation owe an obligation to the investigation?
Have you heard of this thing called a subpoena?
sure, a subpoena is something a court hands out, a subpoena from congress isn't legal. Trump merely told them to get one from the courts. the rest is history. again, he owed no one an obligation until the law said so.

point is still the same.
It’s not. A lawsuit has to specifically name parties. The announcement from the AG office doesn’t.
my point is still the same.
Your point is ignorant. Who runs the Trump Organization?
It doesn't matter because the whole thing will get thrown out. You can't make campaign promises that you are going to prosecute someone and expect any charges to stick. That is a clear case of malicious prosecution.

I finally found a link:

“We have informed the Trump Organization that our investigation into the Organization is no longer purely civil in nature,” Fabien Levy, New York AG Letitia James’s press secretary, said in an email Tuesday night. “We are now actively investigating the Trump Organization in a criminal capacity, along with the Manhattan DA. We have no additional comment.”

Trump Organization Now Under Criminal Investigation, New York Attorney General Says

She will get her ass handed to her court.

Lawrence O'Donnell is now discussing the OP. Apparently it relates to the Martin Act.

The Martin Act: New York State's Most Notorious Business Law

calvin-and-hobbes-rofl.jpg

Trump does not have a LLC, fool. There is no Trump LLC. There is a "Trump Organization", and a Trump Group, but there is no Trump LLC.

Please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of. You're embarassing yourself
I don’t really get what their point is here. I don’t know exactly how the Trump Organization is structured.

But being a LLC or any kind of corporation doesn’t shield the people in they corporation from liability if they commit crimes. There seems to be some serious confusion about that point.

There isn’t really a lot of difference between Trump and his companies. He owns them, runs them, he profits from them. He can’t escape criminal prosecution by claiming his company did something and not him.

The main thing a corporation does is separate the owner from the business.

It's not a complete separation. The owners are sill liable for all crimes they commit.

Being incorporated doesn't absolve anyone from any crime they committed, just makes it take longer for the authorities to enforce the law on the criminals in the company.

With private companies, if an accounting firm certifies their financial statements, and their tax returns, the IRS doesn’t look too closely at them. Unless a victim of the crime comes forward and complains, i.e. Mary Trump and her brother, there will be no investigation of criminal wrongdoing.

Law-enforcement needs evidence of a crime before they can begin an investigation. You can’t go on broad fishing expeditions against private companies just because you don’t like their ownership or you suspect they may be doing something sketchy.

Private companies are notoriously difficult to prosecute unless someone on the inside comes forward with the information needed to press on with the prosecutions. Michael Cohen is that someone. He has implicated both Trump and the Trump organization in financial wrongdoing.

Allen Weisselberg is now under criminal investigation for his role in Trump’s crimes. So is Gulliani.

Now that Trump is out of the White House, there is no shield against his prosecution. He’s now under criminal investigation in three different states. This will not end well for Trump

And by not incorporating trump didn't separate himself from his company which means the only thing in the way of justice is evidence. As you said. Finding it in a private company isn't as easy as a public one. The private company doesn't have to file disclosure papers with the government for the public to see. The private company can keep their business dealings more secret.

Once that evidence is found, the owners of the company are screwed if they have been breaking the law. For the reason mostly being, the company and owner are the same. So the owner of a non incorporated company is easier to prosecute once that evidence is found.

It looks like michael Cohen has been giving the authorities that information. Hopefully weisselberg will do the same. We will have to wait to find out what he does.

Trump does not have a LLC, fool. There is no Trump LLC. There is a "Trump Organization", and a Trump Group, but there is no Trump LLC.

Please stop talking about things you have no knowledge of. You're embarassing yourself
I don’t really get what their point is here. I don’t know exactly how the Trump Organization is structured.

But being a LLC or any kind of corporation doesn’t shield the people in they corporation from liability if they commit crimes. There seems to be some serious confusion about that point.

There isn’t really a lot of difference between Trump and his companies. He owns them, runs them, he profits from them. He can’t escape criminal prosecution by claiming his company did something and not him.

It's not a complete separation. The owners are sill liable for all crimes they commit.

Being incorporated doesn't absolve anyone from any crime they committed, just makes it take longer for the authorities to enforce the law on the criminals in the company.

With private companies, if an accounting firm certifies their financial statements, and their tax returns, the IRS doesn’t look too closely at them. Unless a victim of the crime comes forward and complains, i.e. Mary Trump and her brother, there will be no investigation of criminal wrongdoing.

Law-enforcement needs evidence of a crime before they can begin an investigation. You can’t go on broad fishing expeditions against private companies just because you don’t like their ownership or you suspect they may be doing something sketchy.

Private companies are notoriously difficult to prosecute unless someone on the inside comes forward with the information needed to press on with the prosecutions. Michael Cohen is that someone. He has implicated both Trump and the Trump organization in financial wrongdoing.

Allen Weisselberg is now under criminal investigation for his role in Trump’s crimes. So is Gulliani.

Now that Trump is out of the White House, there is no shield against his prosecution. He’s now under criminal investigation in three different states. This will not end well for Trump
Letitia James is a corrupt douchebag who campaigned on prosecuting Trump. In other words, she announced to the entire world that she intended to abuse the powers of her office.

The case will be thrown out before it ever goes to trial

And by not incorporating trump didn't separate himself from his company which means the only thing in the way of justice is evidence. As you said. Finding it in a private company isn't as easy as a public one. The private company doesn't have to file disclosure papers with the government for the public to see so they can keep their business dealings more secret.

Once that evidence is found, the owners of the company are screwed if they have been breaking the law. For the reason mostly being, the company and owner are the same. So the owner of a non incorporated company is easier to prosecute once that evidence is found.

It looks like michael Cohen has been giving the authorities that information. Hopefully weisselberg will do the same. We will have to wait to find out what he does.
"the only thing in the way of justice is evidence"

ROFL! Oh yeah, that minor problem!

What a buffoon.

Forum List

Back