New York Judgment Against Trump Violates the Eighth Amendment

Probably because they produce far more than that in the long run.

My father was an immigrant, and my wife is an immigrant.

I'm fine with immigrants.

The fine for speeding in a school zone would be $1000.00. I almost promise you, though if I did that, the cop would have me bent over the hood of my car while his partner searched my trunk for other things. ANd God Help me if I were black.
And would that be fair to you in that case?
here's the thing, If I did that, it would have probably been a simple mistake.

Trump and his cronies plotted for years to defraud the banks, the tax agencies, and the public about the value of his company. This is not a simple mistake.
Except the banks do not loan millions simply on the word of the applicant. We're right back here again. If they really did that, the bank officers would be liable for malpractice, losing their licenses, and criminal prosecution, AND the bank would swiftly go out of business. Why do you continue to let them off the hook?

Can you imagine if this Gestapo tactic was used against Obama or Hillary? The Dems would be crying racist or sexist.

But because it’s Trump, they’ll full steam ahead,

I‘m thinking this is so egregious that it won’t even have to go to the US Supreme Court. The NY Supreme Court could rule its an obvious violation of the 8th Amendment.
They have gotten so obsessed with getting ANYTHING on TRUMP! to damage him that they don't give a flying rat's patoot if what they're doing is fair, just, or will stand.

They have gotten so obsessed with getting ANYTHING on TRUMP! to damage him that they don't give a flying rat's patoot if what they're doing is fair, just, or will stand.
They’re also counting on the stupidity and ignorance of Democrat voters to fall for the idea that Trump must have done something so egregious that the penalty was $350 million. And if you try to explain it, they put their palm in your face and silence you.

I liken it to Javert and Jon Valjean. Javert was so invested in convincing himself that Valjean was an awful crook that he couldn’t face the fact that he was wrong.

The bank would THEN have sued Trump for damages, and Trump would have lost and be forced to pay the bank what he owes.

None of that happened. The bank made $100 million on the deal, and Trump was able to provide hundreds of jobs to NYC taxpayers. Everyone won.

Again, we don't enforce laws that way. If I went 55 through a school zone, no one would say, "Well, he didn't hit a kid, and if he did, it would be up to parents to sue him."

Laws are enforced to discourage people from doing this kind of thing.

I‘m talking about the unskilled, entitled, lowlifes coming in illegally, and you know it.

Again, I imagine some 1930's Christians saying that about Jews from Europe.

Huh? He paid back the bank, with $100 million interest to boot. There was no crime, no damages, and no victim. This miscarriage of justice designed to interfere with the election will not only be overturned, but independents are more likely to vote AGAINST Biden because they don’t like these Democrat Gestapo tactics.
Actually, I think that independents are getting a little sick of Trump and his nonsense and don't want this soap opera to go on for another four years.

Looks like this awful bit of reality TV is going to get the plug pulled on it, and everyone wins.

They’re also counting on the stupidity and ignorance of Democrat voters to fall for the idea that Trump must have done something so egregious that the penalty was $350 million. And if you try to explain it, they put their palm in your face and silence you.

I liken it to Javert and Jon Valjean. Javert was so invested in convincing himself that Valjean was an awful crook that he couldn’t face the fact that he was wrong.

Oh, please, Trump didn't steal a loaf of bread because he was hungry.

He defrauded banks because he's not as rich as he claims he is and he's too much of a scammer to just get honest loans.

If Trump had fully disclosed the value of his properties, he wouldn't have gotten a loan, period. You or I would go to jail for that sort of thing.

Can you imagine if this Gestapo tactic was used against Obama or Hillary? The Dems would be crying racist or sexist.

But because it’s Trump, they’ll full steam ahead,

I‘m thinking this is so egregious that it won’t even have to go to the US Supreme Court. The NY Supreme Court could rule its an obvious violation of the 8th Amendment.
This kind of shit was done to Hillary- actually much worse.

Ken Starr spent $70 million dollars trying to prove she cheated on a land deal where she lost money.

One guy. If that was the only testimony this wouldn't have happened.

YOu kids need to learn how to use common sense.
No bank claimed they were defrauded. The judge refused to consider exculpatory expert witnesses. But they did testify and that testimony will be used for the appeal.

No bank claimed they were defrauded. The judge refused to consider exculpatory expert witnesses. But they did testify and that testimony will be used for the appeal.
WHich will still fail.

The courts are sick and tired of Trump and his nonsense.

Heck, even Aileen Cannon is breaking bad on him.

It wasn't a fine.
What was it? Both parties of the contract met their obligations, and the so-called “victim” made out to the tune of $100 million - and said they’re eager to do it again. Hundreds of companies do these transactions just like Trump did, and only Trump was punished.

I say it was an action to interfere with Trump’s campaign, and a violation of his 8th amendment rights.

What was it? Both parties of the contract met their obligations, and the so-called “victim” made out to the tune of $100 million - and said they’re eager to do it again. Hundreds of companies do these transactions just like Trump did, and only Trump was punished.

It's a disgorgement verdict.

I say it was an action to interfere with Trump’s campaign, and a violation of his 8th amendment rights.

This is not a banana republic.

Even people running for office are subject to the law.

Trump needs to pay a company to dig into both James and that disgusting judge until they find something on them... and don't let up keep on digging... just like they did to Trump...

It's a disgorgement verdict.

This is not a banana republic.

Even people running for office are subject to the law.
Then why was ONLY Trump penalized beyond all REASON for the identical victimless infraction that hundreds of others have done, and never even charged?

Because this was politically motivated.

Then why was ONLY Trump penalized beyond all REASON for the identical victimless infraction that hundreds of others have done, and never even charged?

Because this was politically motivated.
Who did what Trump did?

Sure, but you say lots of goofy shit.

Who did what Trump did?
Common among developers and other companies, according to Mr, Womderful.

And besides, there was no harm nor damages - and the “victim” was made a lucrative deal and would do so again.

This was driven by politics and in violation of Trump’s constitutional rights. And other than the diehard leftists, such as yourself, all of America sees this for what it is and are more Incentivized than ever to vote out Democrats who are turning this country into a Banana Republic.

Common among developers and other companies, according to Mr, Womderful.

And besides, there was no harm nor damages - and the “victim” was made a lucrative deal and would do so again.

This was driven by politics and in violation of Trump’s constitutional rights. And other than the diehard leftists, such as yourself, all of America sees this for what it is and are more Incentivized than ever to vote out Democrats who are turning this country into a Banana Republic.
If you don't like the law, change it.

Forum List

Back