New York Wants To Cancel Native Americans

I believe it should be up to the tribe being honored to determine if it is an honor or not.

For instance the FSU Seminoles work in concert with the Seminole Nation.
Similar where the Spokane Indian Tribe works with the Spokane Indians Minor League Baseball team and both the Indians and the team use the team to promote the culture of the native Spokane Indians.

😄

Why do you folks run around in costume like we can't see you?

White people's imitation of native culture for use as sports mascots is not, in any way reasonable to normal human beings, a preservation of native culture. Fuck off with that Bingo shit.
You guys only complain when its a from a minority group, so forgive us if we dont buy your excuses for why you are against it. You never complain about "The Vikings". No one does, nor should they. Mascots are not racist in any way whatsoever.

You guys only complain when its a from a minority group, so forgive us if we dont buy your excuses for why you are against it. You never complain about "The Vikings". No one does, nor should they. Mascots are not racist in any way whatsoever.
I'm not complaing about anything you moron. I understand and support Indigenous communities when they say they rather not be used as mascots by a society and culture that has historically mistreated them. If Nordic people felt the same or if the Irish were offended (some would probably rather they weren't synonymous with drunken violent leprechauns) I'd support them too.

I'm not complaing about anything you moron. I understand and support Indigenous communities when they say they rather not be used as mascots by a society and culture that has historically mistreated them. If Nordic people felt the same or if the Irish were offended (some would probably rather they weren't synonymous with drunken violent leprechauns) I'd support them too.
The number of indians against it are far less then the number of indians who are cool with it. :cuckoo:

I believe it should be up to the tribe being honored to determine if it is an honor or not.

For instance the FSU Seminoles work in concert with the Seminole Nation.
Why?

I do not understand this silly assertion that anyone should control what a private entity names itself. Of course, much of the silly sports name debate is over public pressure and that is fine, that is how you are supposed to influence a company if you want them to change something. Law however, the law has no place here.

I think I'll go with the people being targeted and how they feel about it, Super Duper. you poor white person, having to go with all this tolerance and everything and following the law OMG....

try reading the article, ignoramus dupe...

"The National Congress of American Indians, comprised of hundreds of tribal nations, said its members have been passing resolutions to oppose Indigenous mascots since 1968."
LOL. I just love it when the left calls me names because then I know I have won the argument and name calling is all they've got left.

I think I'll go with the people being targeted and how they feel about it, Super Duper. you poor white person, having to go with all this tolerance and everything and following the law OMG....
There isnt a law on mascots. Most indians polled dont want these names removed.

Forum List

Back