New Yorkers getting the heat

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

New Yorkers flocked to park fountains and city pools to cool off Wednesday, as an oppressive “heat dome” baked the Big Apple just before the official first day of summer Thursday.

Kids beat the heat by splashing in the Washington Square Park fountain while a street musician played the saxophone shirtless and one sun-lover used a reflective windshield pad to get a tan — as temperatures soared to a muggy 89 degrees.

The year’s first stretch of scorching weather is expected to hit a sticky high of 91 Thursday — this year’s summer solstice — with “feels like” temperatures in the high 90s, meteorologists said.

nysummerheatjfjhdyjd.jpg

Comment:
Some people love the summertime hot weather.
I like the spring and fall temperatures.
Although 90 degrees is not that hot, unless you are not used to it.
The long June days of the summer solstice are nice.

New Yorkers flocked to park fountains and city pools to cool off Wednesday, as an oppressive “heat dome” baked the Big Apple just before the official first day of summer Thursday.

Kids beat the heat by splashing in the Washington Square Park fountain while a street musician played the saxophone shirtless and one sun-lover used a reflective windshield pad to get a tan — as temperatures soared to a muggy 89 degrees.

The year’s first stretch of scorching weather is expected to hit a sticky high of 91 Thursday — this year’s summer solstice — with “feels like” temperatures in the high 90s, meteorologists said.

View attachment 965345

Comment:

I've been through worse in NYC over the past decades.

This is the normal first heatwave of the summer, it sometimes comes earlier, it sometimes comes later.

It probably won't be the last one either.

View attachment 965345

Comment:
My favorite seasons are also Spring and Fall. Winter actually comes in 3rd and Summer last. I'm not a fan of extreme sun and heat. I have never actually understood the mentality of having to go somewhere to cool off (as in your post) and considering this to be "fun". But, I realize I'm in the minority on this. To me, having fun in the snow beats having to cool yourself off in the summer because you have to.

Forum List

Back