Newborn baby dies days after mother was 'turned away' from maternity unit because there were 'no bed

The World Factbook

The United States has an infant mortality rate higher than any in Europe, including Great Britain. Perhaps we SHOULD try something different.
Seriously, take a look.

That's because the we don't have a universal metric for calculating infant mortality. Our standards are far more stringent than most European nations.
Truly? How does one measure 'dead' more stringently than other countries?

The World Factbook

The United States has an infant mortality rate higher than any in Europe, including Great Britain. Perhaps we SHOULD try something different.
Seriously, take a look.

That's because the we don't have a universal metric for calculating infant mortality. Our standards are far more stringent than most European nations.

In Europe, the child must not only be dead, to be counted in infant mortality studies, but must be "most sincerely dead".

The World Factbook

Seriously, take a look.

In the U.S. we count a birth as a live birth even if the baby dies after a few minutes. Some countries in Europe require a baby to live a certain amount of time afterward, don't count some premature births, and even require the baby to be a certain size.

The World Factbook

Seriously, take a look.

In the U.S. we count a birth as a live birth even if the baby dies after a few minutes. Some countries in Europe require a baby to live a certain amount of time afterward, don't count some premature births, and even require the baby to be a certain size.
What a shame that everyone doesn't use the same yardstick before comparing.

The World Factbook

Seriously, take a look.

What a shame that everyone doesn't use the same yardstick before comparing.

It think it is Japan that won't even count it as anything until after it is born. So a stillborn is nothing.

The financial meltdown of the NHS, in one chart
There is nothing wrong with the NHS that proper funding would not sort out.
I fear that it will get worse over the next few years under this government.

What an ignorant statement on your part. Your source says expensive management and policy errors caused the financial problems. You pose more funding will fix it. Never addressing the underlying problems. What a Hitler youth moron.

The World Factbook

Seriously, take a look.

In Europe, the child must not only be dead, to be counted in infant mortality studies, but must be "most sincerely dead".
sometimes they're are only mostly dead, which as we all know, means partly alive.

The financial meltdown of the NHS, in one chart
There is nothing wrong with the NHS that proper funding would not sort out.
I fear that it will get worse over the next few years under this government.

What an ignorant statement on your part. Your source says expensive management and policy errors caused the financial problems. You pose more funding will fix it. Never addressing the underlying problems. What a Hitler youth moron.
I am not sure what you have read. This is a quote from my link.
the finances of the NHS have been in steady decline since the coalition government of 2010-15 implemented sweeping cuts to the public sector.

Any system will struggle if it isnt funded. The NHS is being starved of cash in order to pay off the bankers scandal.

the finances of the NHS have been in steady decline since the coalition government of 2010-15 implemented sweeping cuts to the public sector.

Any system will struggle if it isnt funded. The NHS is being starved of cash in order to pay off the bankers scandal.

Well pussboy Hitler youth, your chart says otherwise:

The NHS has gone from surplus to deficit

NHS Bodies end-of-year financial results (£millions)

Created with Raphaël 2.1.2
2014-15
2009-10
2010-11
2011-12
2012-13
2013-14
2014-15

Source: Department of Health Get the data

No deficit until 2012-13.

2014-15
2009-10
2010-11
2011-12
2012-13
2013-14
2014-15

Yes, thats right. You are agreeing with me.

2014-15
2009-10
2010-11
2011-12
2012-13
2013-14
2014-15

Yes, thats right. You are agreeing with me.

No, the nurse shortage is more recent. All the money in the world will not produce a nurse. Fix the policy which is creating the nurse shortage.

The issue is a nurse shortage pussboy.

And if the system can't afford to hire more nurses, or to provide CoL increases for those already employed, what do you imagine happens then, Mr. Politeness?

Well asshole, there are no more nurses to hire, hence the shortage. That is what a shortage is.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. The shortage of nurses has been caused by government policy. Hence the problems faced in todays NHS. It will take years to sort out.

Forum List

Back