Nick Mulvaney encourages banking lobbyists to bribe lawmakers

So crickets - Do you Trumpkins approve of this corrupt behavior?

When Dems take back the House it'll be time to shitcan Citizens United.

Sure it will, because they don’t do the same thing, right? :abgg2q.jpg:

but what about
but what about
but what about

not the right response to this corrupt disgusting admin.

and whatever you want to say, no other admin has been this filthy. even Nixon had more decency

Nixon had the decency not to destroy evidence and resign when the tapes proved his Watergate involvement.

Trump would have no qualms with using the shredder when push comes to shove.

but what about
but what about
but what about

and whatever you want to say, no other admin has been this filthy. even Nixon had more decency

Nixon had the decency not to destroy evidence and resign when the tapes proved his Watergate involvement.

and they will likely have to take him out of the white house in a straight jacket.

I look forward to watching his hair wildly fly around his head as they do it.

This headline is classic fake news. It's twisting a cherry picked fact so far out of context it creates an entirely different narrative than what actually happened. He said that he would meet with every single constituent who came to his office, but that lobbyists were far less likely to even get a meeting. Per the original New York Times article: Mr. Mulvaney said that trying to sway legislators was one of the “fundamental underpinnings of our representative democracy. And you have to continue to do it.”

Mulvaney's speech was about the value of government through regulatory agency versus government through legislature, and about the fact that constituents will always take precedence over lobbying.

No, that's not what he told the lobbyists - You are referring to his SPIN on what he actually said.

Sorry Stormy - but he said what he SAID

but what about
but what about
but what about

and they will likely have to take him out of the white house in a straight jacket.

I look forward to watching his hair wildly fly around his head as they do it.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH - perish the thought.

180208-stern-trump-hair-tease_hiy8tu

thats sooooooooooooo not worth looking at.

Yeah like this isn't & hasn't already been happening forever.

The sooner you realize our lawmakers are corrupt the better.
Democrats publicly coming out and saying show us the money?
Link?
How bout one hiding the CORRUPT MONEY?

Ex-congressman William Jefferson, of Louisiana, gets 13 years in $90K freezer cash case

Link?

Ex-congressman William Jefferson, of Louisiana, gets 13 years in $90K freezer cash case
Ex
That means he's GONE.

If he were a Republican in the Trump administration, it would be OK, right?

Nick is also head head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Unbelievable .. Shall we deem Nick our Swamp Creature of the Week?

White House budget czar Mick Mulvaney told banking executives that while he was serving in congress before joining the Trump administration, he enacted a pay-to-play scheme for lobbyists looking to meet with him. “We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress. If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you,” Mulvaney explained to the 1,300 banking industry officials at the American Bankers Association conference. “If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

This alarming anecdote came as part of a larger call by Mulvaney encouraging banks to aggressively pursue their agenda with lawmakers. The comments raise a number of pretty clear cut ethical, much less legal issues, one of which is that Mulvaney currently presides over the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as the interim director of the very body that’s supposed to protect individuals from unseemly (and illegal) banking and lending schemes.

Mulvaney’s comments Tuesday laid bare the conflicts of interest present in his running of the Obama-era financial regulator into the ground, while also raising obvious questions about his time as a legislator. The Trump administration generally, and Mulvaney specifically, have not done much to hide their disdain for the consumer protection mandate given the CFPB in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and have intermittently worked to roll back its authority where possible and sabotage it elsewhere.​

Mick Mulvaney Casually Explains to Bankers How He Instituted a Pay-to-Play Rule for Lobbyists While in Congress

From day one, the slimy trump admin has openly accepted pay for pay and lined their own pockets at the expense of the tax payer.

And it will continue until the Rs are out of power.

Trump’s Budget Director Admits He Spoke Only To Lobbyists Who Paid Him
Mick Mulvaney has been criticized for his cozy ties to the financial industry.

Mulvaney, President Donald Trump’s budget director, raised eyebrows on Tuesday with an anecdote about his time in the House of Representatives.

We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress,” he said at the American Bankers Association conference in Washington, according to The New York Times. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

Mulvaney, a Republican who represented a South Carolina district from 2011 through early 2017, said he also spoke with constituents even if they hadn’t paid him.

The newspaper reported that he was encouraging the industry to lobby lawmakers:

And his supporters are all here, ignoring this shit and talking about Hillary, gays and guns.....must be nice to get ignoring reality, eh?

From your post-

Mulvaney, a Republican who represented a South Carolina district from 2011 through early 2017, said he also spoke with constituents even if they hadn’t paid him.

And from your link-

At the top of the hierarchy, he added, were his constituents. “If you came from back home and sat in my lobby, I talked to you without exception, regardless of the financial contributions,” said Mr. Mulvaney,

So, which is it?
Nyt tells me enough, though.

Link?

Link?

Ex
That means he's GONE.

Crawl back in your hole shithead

Link?

Link?

Ex
That means he's GONE.

what a well thought out retort

Alcoholics Anonymous : A.A. Near You

Link?

Link?

Ex
That means he's GONE.

Just finished a 12 hour day and getting some dinner. No time for booze or your stupidity so stop humping my leg

Nick is also head head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Unbelievable .. Shall we deem Nick our Swamp Creature of the Week?

White House budget czar Mick Mulvaney told banking executives that while he was serving in congress before joining the Trump administration, he enacted a pay-to-play scheme for lobbyists looking to meet with him. “We had a hierarchy in my office in Congress. If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn’t talk to you,” Mulvaney explained to the 1,300 banking industry officials at the American Bankers Association conference. “If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you.”

This alarming anecdote came as part of a larger call by Mulvaney encouraging banks to aggressively pursue their agenda with lawmakers. The comments raise a number of pretty clear cut ethical, much less legal issues, one of which is that Mulvaney currently presides over the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as the interim director of the very body that’s supposed to protect individuals from unseemly (and illegal) banking and lending schemes.

Mulvaney’s comments Tuesday laid bare the conflicts of interest present in his running of the Obama-era financial regulator into the ground, while also raising obvious questions about his time as a legislator. The Trump administration generally, and Mulvaney specifically, have not done much to hide their disdain for the consumer protection mandate given the CFPB in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and have intermittently worked to roll back its authority where possible and sabotage it elsewhere.​

Mick Mulvaney Casually Explains to Bankers How He Instituted a Pay-to-Play Rule for Lobbyists While in Congress

I despise Mulvaney and his ethics - but his quote is really being distorted in this case - you LEFT OUT a critical part of it.

“We have hierarchy here in my office in Congress,” Mulvaney told an American Bankers Association conference. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money I might talk to you. If you came from back home and sat in my lobby I talked to you without exception, regardless if financial contribution.”

From your post-

And from your link-

At the top of the hierarchy, he added, were his constituents. “If you came from back home and sat in my lobby, I talked to you without exception, regardless of the financial contributions,” said Mr. Mulvaney,

So, which is it?
He said he only talks to lobbyist that pay him the rest he doesn't. When did constituents become lobbyist?

Link?

Link?

Ex
That means he's GONE.

Just finished a 12 hour day and getting some dinner. No time for booze or your stupidity so stop humping my leg

don't flatter yourself, rummy

I despise Mulvaney and his ethics - but his quote is really being distorted in this case - you LEFT OUT a critical part of it.

“We have hierarchy here in my office in Congress,” Mulvaney told an American Bankers Association conference. “If you’re a lobbyist who never gave us money I didn’t talk to you. If you’re a lobbyist who gave us money I might talk to you. If you came from back home and sat in my lobby I talked to you without exception, regardless if financial contribution.”

big fucking deal- he'll talk to his constituents without demanding payment up front

what a statesman

That makes sense, he already owes them.

From your post-

And from your link-

So, which is it?
Bottom line is this....Donald Trump came to Washington D.C with a bunch racist rednecks backing his white ass and a swamp so thick with corruptible sludge, about the only thing that hasn't emerged from it yet...are the secret service forced to protect his ass.

I do hear you but the second part was kind of an afterthought add-on. Seems to me that the first part was unnecessary if you could talk to him anyway.

Even a few Republicans are calling for his head.

OMB's Mulvaney Draws Bipartisan Criticism Over Lobbyist Comments

Oh, bull.
From your post-

And from your link-

So, which is it?
Bottom line is this....Donald Trump came to Washington D.C with a bunch racist rednecks backing his white ass and a swamp so thick with corruptible sludge, about the only thing that hasn't emerged from it yet...are the secret service forced to protect his ass.

Forum List

Back