Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.
Siding with good always works out in the long run. A good first step for Nike. Losing the butthurt Trump sheep segment of their market won’t be much of a loss.
How is that siding with good?
Because the other side demands that black people’s lives should not matter

Wrong again. The other side demands that Black people's lives are just as important as he the lives of all other people. You obviously think that Black people lives are somehow special.
Thinking black lives are as important as white live is racist. Got It!
Try reading comprehension. He said thinking black lives are special. Meaning more important.

You people are so shortsighted.

This ad campaign is targeted at 15-17 year olds, their future customers. Nike thinks long term and they will take a hit with the middle aged white folks.

Even with this hit today they are well above just 3 months ago stock price wise.

Parents burning their shoes and cutting up their socks will just drive the kids to Nike

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
So you're saying the company was growing until this bone head decision to hire an unpatriotic douche that millions of people hate?

Of course the company was growing, they always do. But they have to look to the future, today's middle aged white men that are POed at them right now will not be buying shoes forever. You call it a boneheaded move, but you are not their targeted audience for this ad campaign. My 16 year old thinks the whole thing is pretty cool, though he does not wear Nike right now ,but who knows that might change because of this.

Nike just signed an 8 year contract with the NFL, do you really think they care about some moron's burning their shit on FaceBook?
They basically just lost 4 billion dollars. Do you think Kap will earn that back? If not, it was definitely a bone headed move.

Their stockholders lost 4 billion, not Nike. I would be willing to bet that by the end of this week their stock is back to above where it started today, in fact I may put my money where my mouth and buy some if they drop at all in the AM.

This move was not about you and I, this move, according to Nike themselves was targeted at 15-17 year olds. Not for now, but for the future.
It's clearly not working out as planned, regardless of what ages they target.

:21::21::21::21::21::21:

Is nobody capable of looking beyond 20 minutes into the future?

You really think the folks at Nike are going "well, we did not see that coming"...of course they did, they knew it was going to happen, hell they were counting on it happening. What is the old saying, "any press is good press".

Are you sports fan? When you watch a football game, do you say after the first incomplete pass, "well that passing stuff is not working out!"

This is not about today or this week, this is about 10 years from now, 20 years from now.

I wonder, if their stock gains back the 3 points that it lost today by Friday will you be like "well, that worked great"?

They have a nice new shiny 8 year contract with the NFL to tide them over until the middle aged white guys quit being mad at them!

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

Yo, Proud To Be An American!
latest

"GTP"

Isn't that some kind of White Power Signal?
View attachment 214595

Didn't you dumbasses learn the first time around with freedom fries?

The players are going to keep right on protesting, Kapernick is going to getting paid, young kids in America still love football no matter what their brain dead parents do, and Thursday night kick off will be watched by tens of millions who will buy merchandise and products from NFL vendors, and Nike will wipe the shit that is whitetard America right off the bottom of it's shoes.
How long ago was freedom fries, anyway?

15 years ago. That's a really dated reference, and the fact that you have to go back that far is a great example of how lame the left is.

And speaking of a long time ago. Pat Tillman's widow doesn't want him used by the freedom fries nut jobs now, anymore than she did then.

Pat Tillman's Widow Doesn't Want Her Husband Used for Anti-Kaepernick Stunts

So you're saying the company was growing until this bone head decision to hire an unpatriotic douche that millions of people hate?

Of course the company was growing, they always do. But they have to look to the future, today's middle aged white men that are POed at them right now will not be buying shoes forever. You call it a boneheaded move, but you are not their targeted audience for this ad campaign. My 16 year old thinks the whole thing is pretty cool, though he does not wear Nike right now ,but who knows that might change because of this.

Nike just signed an 8 year contract with the NFL, do you really think they care about some moron's burning their shit on FaceBook?
They basically just lost 4 billion dollars. Do you think Kap will earn that back? If not, it was definitely a bone headed move.

Their stockholders lost 4 billion, not Nike. I would be willing to bet that by the end of this week their stock is back to above where it started today, in fact I may put my money where my mouth and buy some if they drop at all in the AM.

This move was not about you and I, this move, according to Nike themselves was targeted at 15-17 year olds. Not for now, but for the future.

You really think the folks at Nike are going "well, we did not see that coming"...of course they did, they knew it was going to happen, hell they were counting on it happening. What is the old saying, "any press is good press".

Are you sports fan? When you watch a football game, do you say after the first incomplete pass, "well that passing stuff is not working out!"

This is not about today or this week, this is about 10 years from now, 20 years from now.

I wonder, if their stock gains back the 3 points that it lost today by Friday will you be like "well, that worked great"?

They have a nice new shiny 8 year contract with the NFL to tide them over until the middle aged white guys quit being mad at them!
Stocks can certainly bounce back from bad decisions like this, but they would have been in an even better position had they simply hired any other athlete.

Stocks can certainly bounce back from bad decisions like this, but they would have been in an even better position had they simply hired any other athlete.

Once again, you cannot see past the next 20 minutes.

Forgive me, but I will just go with the idea that Nike knows more about this than you do.

View attachment 214595

The world is coming to an end.....Nike's stocks have fallen 3%........LOLOLOL, uh your white tramps don't seem to mind at all, just sayin
For years Nike used dark skinned children chained to their work bench to make their products.

No wonder you support them.

They are targeting the African American market.

Which is fine by me. Let the SJW's support them. I have no problem with that. Same with the NFL.

View attachment 214595

Yo, Proud To Be An American!
latest

"GTP"

Isn't that some kind of White Power Signal?
View attachment 214595

Didn't you dumbasses learn the first time around with freedom fries?

The players are going to keep right on protesting, Kapernick is going to getting paid, young kids in America still love football no matter what their brain dead parents do, and Thursday night kick off will be watched by tens of millions who will buy merchandise and products from NFL vendors, and Nike will wipe the shit that is whitetard America right off the bottom of it's shoes.
How long ago was freedom fries, anyway?

15 years ago. That's a really dated reference, and the fact that you have to go back that far is a great example of how lame the left is.

And speaking of a long time ago. Pat Tillman's widow doesn't want him used by the freedom fries nut jobs now, anymore than she did then.

Pat Tillman's Widow Doesn't Want Her Husband Used for Anti-Kaepernick Stunts

But you think it's cool to use him for pro-Kaepernick stunts?

Nikes share price is not really the issue. Shares go up and down. Their sales figures are more pertinant. I suspect that they will pick up as many sales as they lose.

I think that they are a dirty company in a dirty business. But it is pretty much impossible to buy sprtswear made by good guys. They dont exist.

I think the kapernick thing is a cynical piece of marketing but,hey, lets just enjoy the sight of these dickheads burning their £80 trainers.

Well, that will teach Nike...pay money for their shoes and then burn them!

What kind of a moron thinks this is a good idea?
Well if they aren’t going to wear them any more and don’t want to donate them and therefore continue to advertise them, why shouldn’t they burn them - and do it publicly?
Their property and their protest.
#JustBurnIt

Last edited:

And in the meantime we all get to laugh at the righties burning their own shoes and clothes.

Once again, you cannot see past the next 20 minutes.

Forgive me, but I will just go with the idea that Nike knows more about this than you do.
Yeah, cuz no big business ever makes a terrible mistake.

Forum List

Back