Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

Of course the company was growing, they always do. But they have to look to the future, today's middle aged white men that are POed at them right now will not be buying shoes forever. You call it a boneheaded move, but you are not their targeted audience for this ad campaign. My 16 year old thinks the whole thing is pretty cool, though he does not wear Nike right now ,but who knows that might change because of this.

Nike just signed an 8 year contract with the NFL, do you really think they care about some moron's burning their shit on FaceBook?
They basically just lost 4 billion dollars. Do you think Kap will earn that back? If not, it was definitely a bone headed move.

Their stockholders lost 4 billion, not Nike. I would be willing to bet that by the end of this week their stock is back to above where it started today, in fact I may put my money where my mouth and buy some if they drop at all in the AM.

This move was not about you and I, this move, according to Nike themselves was targeted at 15-17 year olds. Not for now, but for the future.
It's clearly not working out as planned, regardless of what ages they target.

:21::21::21::21::21::21:

Is nobody capable of looking beyond 20 minutes into the future?

You really think the folks at Nike are going "well, we did not see that coming"...of course they did, they knew it was going to happen, hell they were counting on it happening. What is the old saying, "any press is good press".

Are you sports fan? When you watch a football game, do you say after the first incomplete pass, "well that passing stuff is not working out!"

This is not about today or this week, this is about 10 years from now, 20 years from now.

I wonder, if their stock gains back the 3 points that it lost today by Friday will you be like "well, that worked great"?

They have a nice new shiny 8 year contract with the NFL to tide them over until the middle aged white guys quit being mad at them!
And in the meantime we all get to laugh at the righties burning their own shoes and clothes.
There are only a few of those people. The rest of us simply wont buy their products.

Nike don't fit right. Never did like them. As far as kapernick...he's a has been and only simple minded folk are upset by him. Ignore and he goes away. Keep getting upset little ones and he gets his attention. But I'm sure some of you will press on.

Wonder if there is going to be a new job opening in the Nike promotions dept. tomorrow?

Last edited:
They basically just lost 4 billion dollars. Do you think Kap will earn that back? If not, it was definitely a bone headed move.

Their stockholders lost 4 billion, not Nike. I would be willing to bet that by the end of this week their stock is back to above where it started today, in fact I may put my money where my mouth and buy some if they drop at all in the AM.

This move was not about you and I, this move, according to Nike themselves was targeted at 15-17 year olds. Not for now, but for the future.

You really think the folks at Nike are going "well, we did not see that coming"...of course they did, they knew it was going to happen, hell they were counting on it happening. What is the old saying, "any press is good press".

Are you sports fan? When you watch a football game, do you say after the first incomplete pass, "well that passing stuff is not working out!"

This is not about today or this week, this is about 10 years from now, 20 years from now.

I wonder, if their stock gains back the 3 points that it lost today by Friday will you be like "well, that worked great"?

They have a nice new shiny 8 year contract with the NFL to tide them over until the middle aged white guys quit being mad at them!
And in the meantime we all get to laugh at the righties burning their own shoes and clothes.
There are only a few of those people. The rest of us simply wont buy their products.

Old angry white guys were never really Nike's target demo, anyway. They're a youth oriented brand.

And they're marketing to their base.

Wonder if there is going to a new job opening in the Nike promotions dept. tomorrow?

Oh, they knew this was coming. They were counting on it. As we're all talking about Nike today.

For a company like Nike, that is in many ways selling an image as much as a shoe.....irrelevance and obscurity are far worse than boycotts.

And further pissing off angry old white people promotes their image as chic footwear with the youth that are their target demo. Every youtube video of burned shoes is like an advert for them with the folks they are marketing to.

So Nike has selected Colin Kaepernick as their "Face" of the Just Do It Campaign....

To be Clear....This isn't about Anti-Kneelers VS Pro-Kneelers

This isn't about Support of a Cause....

This is about MONEY!!!

Someone had to say it!

Of course the company was growing, they always do. But they have to look to the future, today's middle aged white men that are POed at them right now will not be buying shoes forever. You call it a boneheaded move, but you are not their targeted audience for this ad campaign. My 16 year old thinks the whole thing is pretty cool, though he does not wear Nike right now ,but who knows that might change because of this.

Nike just signed an 8 year contract with the NFL, do you really think they care about some moron's burning their shit on FaceBook?

Yeah. Burning what they paid good money to 'hurt' the company that they bought it from misses a few vital economic points.

So Nike has selected Colin Kaepernick as their "Face" of the Just Do It Campaign....

To be Clear....This isn't about Anti-Kneelers VS Pro-Kneelers

This isn't about Support of a Cause....

This is about MONEY!!!

Someone had to say it!

Duh.

Of course its about money. Nike is a business. They are betting that they'll gain more notoriety and fame among the youth they want to sell to than they will lose business from angry old white people.

And they're probably right.

It's about using a failure to promote the product. Nike is no longer the preferred of champions.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

So, instead of making this about an economic issue, or about principle, which is all it is about, you had to go and make this about race.

Congratulations, azzhole.

It's about using a failure to promote the product. Nike is no longer the preferred of champions.

Its a bold move. And likely one that will ultimately be profitable for them. As both youth and people of color are huge markets for Nike. And this promotional choice will likely play well in both key demos.

In the angry old white people demo.......they'll probably sell fewer orthopedics.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

So, instead of making this about an economic issue, or about principle, which is all it is about, you had to go and make this about race.

FK U ......t. truth hurts don't it beeech

DID YOU BOTHER LISTENTING TO IT ASSHOLE GAWD DAM YOU STUPID FKR

WTF DO YOU THINK HE IS KNEELING FOR YOU STUPID ASSHOLE

FK U ......t. truth hurts don't it beeech

LOL, U R so tuff, internet tuff guy; like a well done steak

DID YOU BOTHER LISTENTING TO IT ASSHOLE GAWD DAM YOU STUPID FKR

WTF DO YOU THINK HE IS KNEELING FOR YOU STUPID ASSHOLE

LOL, still living in Mommy & Daddy's basement, huh?

upload_2018-9-4_17-55-25.png

Darren Rovell on Twitter

Hahaha Nike is losing money lmao hopefully it grows to even a bigger loss.

DmRMOFQX0AAh2YT.jpg

Forum List

Back