Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

LMAO!!! Colin Kapaernick has turned protesting social injustice and oppression into quite a lucrative business for himself. His loyal followers are buying his BS and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Being sincere and making a buck aren't mutually exclusive. Its entirely possible to do both.

Not when the point of the ad is "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything". He has sacrificed nothing and continues to rake in the $$$$$ which is totally contrary to the "oppression" message. Hey, I don't fault the guy. Like they say, there's a sucker born every minute. The left is falling for this BS hook, line, and sinker. Capitalism is a wonderful thing and has been very kind to Kap. For that I say good for him.

s-l500.jpg

If the sock fits. Wear it.

Give it time. Most people who most disliked his kneeling are old and are NOT the demographic Nike is shooting for.

It may not work in the long run...but it is impossible to know that after a few days. It's an ad campaign, they take time to sink in.

Clearly, the old farts on the right (especially Trumpbots) desperately want this to fail.

That alone has me hoping it will work.
True, 30 years from now Nike might be doing better.

Give it time. Most people who most disliked his kneeling are old and are NOT the demographic Nike is shooting for.

It may not work in the long run...but it is impossible to know that after a few days. It's an ad campaign, they take time to sink in.

Clearly, the old farts on the right (especially Trumpbots) desperately want this to fail.

By next week, Nike will be doing better.

By next week, Nike will be doing better.
Would you like to bet on it? How about this... if Nike stocks bounce back next week, I never post on USMB ever again, but if their stocks haven't fully recovered, YOU never post again. So do you stand by your statement or not? Let's bet on it.

They are doing better today! :21::21::21::21:

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.
Siding with good always works out in the long run. A good first step for Nike. Losing the butthurt Trump sheep segment of their market won’t be much of a loss.
3gotxdm75gk11.png

Would Trump supporters give up their pickup trucks?

No they arent. They just lost 4 billion in stock value. Why are you so uninformed?

No they arent. They just lost 4 billion in stock value. Why are you so uninformed?

And today the stock has started going back up, as of now it is out preforming the market as a whole. Seems the anger was short lived

And today the stock has started going back up, as of now it is out preforming the market as a whole. Seems the anger was short lived
Nope, still well under where they were before their bone head decision to hire Kap. They fucked up and now they are paying the price.

Nope, still well under where they were before their bone head decision to hire Kap.

Well under? :21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

Nope, still well under where they were before their bone head decision to hire Kap.

Just a blip on the radar..

upload_2018-9-5_12-26-32.png

View attachment 214793
Do you know how much money that little blip represents?

View attachment 214793

Depends on how much Nike stock one owns

View attachment 214793

No, it depends on all the total stocks owned by everyone.

View attachment 214793

The total is a meaningless number as nobody lost that much. All that matter to anyone is how much they lost, which was minimal.

They took a bigger dive back in early June and nobody was on here freaking out about it.

The total is a meaningless number as nobody lost that much. All that matter to anyone is how much they lost, which was minimal.

They took a bigger dive back in early June and nobody was on here freaking out about it.
Yeah, I'm sure your arguments would go over well at a share holders meeting. :laugh:

View attachment 214793

Yeah, I'm sure your arguments would go over well at a share holders meeting. :laugh:

Their annual shareholders meeting is in 15 days, lets see where it sits then. But considering Nike stock is up 53%, even with this blip since the last shareholder meeting, I am thinking not too many people will be whining.

Let me guess, you do not own any stocks outside of maybe a 401k? Am I right?

Their annual shareholders meeting is in 15 days, lets see where it sits then. But considering Nike stock is up 53%, even with this blip since the last shareholder meeting, I am thinking not too many people will be whining.

Let me guess, you do not own any stocks outside of maybe a 401k? Am I right?
Me? Own stocks? That would be crazy, right? I bet you own tons of Nike stocks though. Tell us all about how good you're doing. We will totally believe you.

Forum List

Back