Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

Depends on how much Nike stock one owns
No, it depends on all the total stocks owned by everyone.

The total is a meaningless number as nobody lost that much. All that matter to anyone is how much they lost, which was minimal.

They took a bigger dive back in early June and nobody was on here freaking out about it.
Yeah, I'm sure your arguments would go over well at a share holders meeting. :laugh:

Their annual shareholders meeting is in 15 days, lets see where it sits then. But considering Nike stock is up 53%, even with this blip since the last shareholder meeting, I am thinking not too many people will be whining.

Let me guess, you do not own any stocks outside of maybe a 401k? Am I right?
Me? Own stocks? That would be crazy, right? I bet you own tons of Nike stocks though. Tell us all about how good you're doing. We will totally believe you.

No Nike stocks unless they are part of my 401ks. I thought about buying some after yesterday but they started the day higher so I missed my window.

So, tell me...do you think the Nike shareholders at the meeting in two weeks are going to be upset about an annual growth of 53% Personally I wish I owned more Nike, had no idea they were doing that well.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.

Yo, Proud To Be An American!
latest

"GTP"

Isn't that some kind of White Power Signal?

Yo, No, I`m A Hispanic!!!
lifebuzz-f41718ef79814a0cc764af7f9d0cf62e-original.gif

"GTP"

No, it depends on all the total stocks owned by everyone.

The total is a meaningless number as nobody lost that much. All that matter to anyone is how much they lost, which was minimal.

They took a bigger dive back in early June and nobody was on here freaking out about it.
Yeah, I'm sure your arguments would go over well at a share holders meeting. :laugh:

Their annual shareholders meeting is in 15 days, lets see where it sits then. But considering Nike stock is up 53%, even with this blip since the last shareholder meeting, I am thinking not too many people will be whining.

Me? Own stocks? That would be crazy, right? I bet you own tons of Nike stocks though. Tell us all about how good you're doing. We will totally believe you.

No Nike stocks unless they are part of my 401ks. I thought about buying some after yesterday but they started the day higher so I missed my window.

So, tell me...do you think the Nike shareholders at the meeting in two weeks are going to be upset about an annual growth of 53% Personally I wish I owned more Nike, had no idea they were doing that well.

And the stock has already rebounded about a dollar per share.

About 2/3rds of Nike's shoes are sold to consumers under the age of 35. They picked a side on social issues....and its the side backed by most of their customers.

About 2/3rds of Nike's shoes are sold to consumers under the age of 35. They picked a side on social issues....and its the side backed by most of their customers.
Teenagers are a gigantic part of their consumer base. Who do you think buys shoes for teenagers? I'll give you a hint... they are the older people who are pissed off over the hiring of Kap.

Teenagers are a gigantic part of their consumer base. Who do you think buys shoes for teenagers? I'll give you a hint... they are the older people who are pissed off over the hiring of Kap.

Angry old white people aren't going to affect Nike's bottom line with any significance. As angry old white people aren't their primary demo.

Their stock is already rebounding, up a dollar from its post Kapernick low. And its up over 50% on the year.

Nike is doing fine.

And you know this because...

Angry old white people aren't going to affect Nike's bottom line with any significance. As angry old white people aren't their primary demo.

Their stock is already rebounding, up a dollar from its post Kapernick low. And its up over 50% on the year.

Nike is doing fine.

It's down today from yesterday, dumbass and it's not up a dollar from the Kaeperdick low

Goddamn loon it's all easily checked

And when little jimmy starts whining that all the other kids have the new Nike, 2/3 of the POed parents will buy their kid Nikes

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

And when little jimmy starts whining that all the other kids have the new Nike, 2/3 of the POed parents will buy their kid Nikes

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Poor parenting

Nike is doing fine.
You are delusional if you think this isnt going to hurt them.

Nike is doing fine.

Then I'm apparently in good company. As many, many economic analysts agree that this was a smart move by Nike. As its the youth market that Nike needs to capture. Not the 'angry old white people' market.

With Nike's stock price already rebounding, up a dollar off its drop of 3.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.
Collin and the Nike executives should be arrested and tried for treason -- anyone who ever speaks out against our country should pay the price

Unless they are speaking out against the FBI and DOJ, then that is different --- but only the part of the FBI and DOJ that Trump has authorized us to speak out against

Nike is doing fine.

Then I'm apparently in good company. As many, many economic analysts agree that this was a smart move by Nike. As its the youth market that Nike needs to capture. Not the 'angry old white people' market.

So you admit the stock is down by 2 dollars, yet you are trying to tell us it was a good move? Ok, what ever you say. :laugh:

Nike is doing fine.

So you admit the stock is down by 2 dollars, yet you are trying to tell us it was a good move? Ok, what ever you say. :laugh:

And up 50% for the year. A 2 dollar dip over less than a week is barely a wiggle. And trending back upward. Now 1.25 up off its post announcement low.

You *want* this to be an enormous deal for Nike. It isn't.

Nike is doing fine.

And up 50% for the year. A 2 dollar dip over less than a week is barely a wiggle. And trending back upward. Now 1.25 up off its post announcement low.

So it sounds like you're saying they were doing really well this year, until they hired Kap. Thank you for making my point for me.

Nike is doing fine.

So it sounds like you're saying they were doing really well this year, until they hired Kap. Thank you for making my point for me.

I'm saying that a 3 point dip in a week is a blip. As demonstrated by the stock climbing off its post announcement low for the third day straight.

Conservatives *want* Nike to suffer. But there's very little they can actually do to *make* Nike suffer. As angry old white people aren't Nike's target demo.

I'm saying that a 3 point dip in a week is a blip. As demonstrated by the stock climbing off its post announcement low for the third day straight.

Conservatives *want* Nike to suffer. But there's very little they can actually do to *make* Nike suffer. As angry old white people aren't Nike's target demo.
They're suffering right now. What are you talking about?

Forum List

Back