Nike shares hit as Kapernick ad spurs boycott

Then I'm apparently in good company. As many, many economic analysts agree that this was a smart move by Nike. As its the youth market that Nike needs to capture. Not the 'angry old white people' market.

With Nike's stock price already rebounding, up a dollar off its drop of 3.
So you admit the stock is down by 2 dollars, yet you are trying to tell us it was a good move? Ok, what ever you say. :laugh:

And up 50% for the year. A 2 dollar dip over less than a week is barely a wiggle. And trending back upward. Now 1.25 up off its post announcement low.

You *want* this to be an enormous deal for Nike. It isn't.
So it sounds like you're saying they were doing really well this year, until they hired Kap. Thank you for making my point for me.

I'm saying that a 3 point dip in a week is a blip. As demonstrated by the stock climbing off its post announcement low for the third day straight.

Conservatives *want* Nike to suffer. But there's very little they can actually do to *make* Nike suffer. As angry old white people aren't Nike's target demo.
They're suffering right now. What are you talking about?

A two dollar dip that's barely 3 days old? With Nike climbing yet another quarter point to 1.50 up from its post announcement low.

And continuing to trend upward.

Show me on the doll where Nike hurt you

View attachment 214603

Seems Nike hurt themselves. 4 billion isn't chump change.

Under Armor is a better product anyway

If I had some money to invest right now, I'd be buying Under Armor stock. I believe it got an unofficial Twitter endorsement from Chris Kyle's widow when she was criticizing Nike.

Our kids are into Under Armor, I notice their friends wearing a lot of it also. I like their footwear, a lot more stylish than Nike for the girls

This ad campaign is targeted at 15-17 year olds. Nike is developing their customer base of the future.

They will take the hit with the middle aged white guys!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

They may hope for that, but the problem is, today's 15-17 year olds who think Colin whats-his-nose is cool are gonna be tomorrow's adults who think, "Man, I was a dumbass as a kid."

So we'll see.

(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.
Siding with good always works out in the long run. A good first step for Nike. Losing the butthurt Trump sheep segment of their market won’t be much of a loss.
How is that siding with good?
For a liberal attacking the USA is always good.
^ he says, attacking an American company that employs thousands because it believes that lives of his fellow Americans matter

Fuck you, traitor
You are confused. No one is saying American lives don't matter. People are disgusted at the pitiful and disrespectful way this clown has chosen to show his feelings. If he really cared, or if it was as widespread as he wants people to believe, he would do something more substantial. Nike is on the wrong side of this.

And whatever people think of Colin Whoever's kneeling, no one who isn't a committed leftist shill believe he sacrificed a damned thing, or even that he really believes in anything, aside from "Controversy to revive my failed career". And they're disgusted by the pretentiousness of the campaign.

Siding with good always works out in the long run. A good first step for Nike. Losing the butthurt Trump sheep segment of their market won’t be much of a loss.
^ he says, attacking an American company that employs thousands because it believes that lives of his fellow Americans matter

Fuck you, traitor
You are confused. No one is saying American lives don't matter. People are disgusted at the pitiful and disrespectful way this clown has chosen to show his feelings. If he really cared, or if it was as widespread as he wants people to believe, he would do something more substantial. Nike is on the wrong side of this.

And whatever people think of Colin Whoever's kneeling, no one who isn't a committed leftist shill believe he sacrificed a damned thing, or even that he really believes in anything, aside from "Controversy to revive my failed career". And they're disgusted by the pretentiousness of the campaign.

Your 'belief' on the matter is no more important than your imagination about what younger Nike customers will be believe when they're older.

Nike picked a side on a social issue that aligns with their target demos. The rest is your imagination.

Fuck you, traitor

Your 'belief' on the matter is no more important than your imagination about what younger Nike customers will be believe when they're older.

Nike picked a side on a social issue that aligns with their target demos. The rest is your imagination.
Kap is still nothing but a publicity seeking piece of shit.

Fuck you, traitor

Kap is still nothing but a publicity seeking piece of shit.

Nike's investment in the man clearly indicates that at least to them, he's something more.

So you admit the stock is down by 2 dollars, yet you are trying to tell us it was a good move? Ok, what ever you say. :laugh:

And up 50% for the year. A 2 dollar dip over less than a week is barely a wiggle. And trending back upward. Now 1.25 up off its post announcement low.

So it sounds like you're saying they were doing really well this year, until they hired Kap. Thank you for making my point for me.

I'm saying that a 3 point dip in a week is a blip. As demonstrated by the stock climbing off its post announcement low for the third day straight.

Conservatives *want* Nike to suffer. But there's very little they can actually do to *make* Nike suffer. As angry old white people aren't Nike's target demo.

A two dollar dip that's barely 3 days old? With Nike climbing yet another quarter point to 1.50 up from its post announcement low.

Let us know when they finally catch up to what they lost. At that point, they will still be down 3 dollars more than they would have been had they not signed him.

Let us know when they finally catch up to what they lost. At that point, they will still be down 3 dollars more than they would have been had they not signed him.

The issue will ultimately be decided by sales and market share. With most analysts agreeing that Nike will ultimately come out on top.

Less than a 2 dollar dip on a stock with over 80 a share....isn't a big deal. Especially when the stock is trending upward and has been since its post-announcement low.

good news! I am sure if they didnt lose money, the right would be calling for them to be regulated!

As they do with any company that has the gall to be too successful.

Nike is worrying about its customer base 20 years from now. All these parents burning and cutting up Nike stuff will drove their kids to Nike just because their parents don’t like them.

I remember when Ozzy came to my home town when I was a sophomore. In the first 45 days is ticket sales less than a 1000 had sold. Then some parents found out Ozzy bit that head off of a bat and tried to have him banned. The tickets sold out in 4 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Not sure it's "parents burning and cutting up stuff". And Nike needs to worry about BEING HERE 20 years from now. Also, they need to worry about the connotations attached to their name in 20 years, when everyone knows they "suck and hate America", but don't remember why.

Today, the stock is up 1%.

Nike Inc. Cl B

Plus, the stock is up 1.42% since it hit it's post-Tuesday morning sell off low.

Well Trumpbots...looks like your wish for Nike ruin is not coming to pass.

But...it's early days yet.

Like I said, good for Nike.

Last edited:
(Reuters) - Shares of Nike Inc (NKE.N) fell 3 percent on Tuesday as calls for a boycott of the sportswear giant gained traction on social media following its choice of Colin Kaepernick as a face for the 30th anniversary of its “Just Do It” slogan.
Nike shares hit as Kaepernick ad spurs boycott
View attachment 214595

oNike will pay the price and it can't happen soon enough. I know I won't touch nike shit made in China.........Nothing but slave labor .

Kapernick a wanna be black asshole who ............Which because he isn't fully a black person makes him like one of those whites who want to be black so they go around actingg like one . Not educated ones either they act like trailer trash.
Because the other side demands that black people’s lives should not matter

Kneeling during the National Anthem has nothing to do with our feelings about BLM or any of your other plethora of imagined slights.

1zunnuqiy7k11.jpg
OMG. You can’t get any dumber.

Never bet on that. They can ALWAYS get dumber.

Forum List

Back