Niki Haley proposes some common sense changes to Social Security. (will it hurt or help her?}

I like that she is thinking out of the box. It has to be eating trump up, that Niki has a better idea than he does. Expect him to attack.

I am intrigued with her ideas about controlling the increases of SS to the wealthy. I would like to see her be more aggressive and even allow the wealthy to opt out, donate their SS to charity, or give it back to the government.

I am all for opting out as an option for those who are considered “rich”. The problem is that most in that category would opt out because frankly they can make more money investing than by giving to SS, not to mention that any remaining money on their death could be passed to their beneficiaries.

They are NOT the exact same benefits. The more you pay, the higher the benefit.

The benefit isn’t linear based on contributions. The more you pay, the less percentage of your contributions you get back per month in retirement. My family pays the full amount. We will not get back as much, percentage wise, as a family making 1/4 our salary. If the contribution cap is removed, assuming they continue benefits using the same formula(they won’t, it will be tweaked to limit the cap), and assuming life expectancy doesn’t dramatically increase, the likelihood of my family receiving back what we put in would be zero.

There are plenty who would vote for such nonsense because they are either a) too rich to care or b) aren’t effected because they don’t make enough money. Many would even vote for removing the cap and removing the benefit. That would be devastating to my family both on a month to month basis and at retirement. Surprise, many people will vote to take other people’s money. That doesn’t make it right.

Last edited:
I am all for opting out as an option for those who are considered “rich”. The problem is that most in that category would opt out because frankly they can make more money investing than by giving to SS, not to mention that any remaining money on their death could be passed to their beneficiaries.

He’s talking about opting out of benefits, not opting out of the taxes.

Just say’n.

WW

trump's ego will never allow him to support anyone else. But, you make a good point. If he were dedicated to the GOP, he will backour and throw his support behind Niki. She would be a sure thing in November 2024. But trump is a clinical Narcissist. He will never do that.

But, in all likelihood, he will be a convicted felon next summer. 57% of voters say they will not support him if he is convicted. The DC trail is going to take him down.

Beautiful campaign speech jimboliar!! Another 10 poll points for your Trumpy!

Just to clarify, I don't mean opting out of getting benefits but still contributing, I am talking about opting out all together.

It is not the rich I see working hard, but those who work multiple jobs and still can't pay the bills.

I will say taking away SS from the rich is really not a bad idea. Redistribute the money to the homeless and poor. Redistributing wealth is a good thing, it will stop a lot of shoplifting, robery, looting, burgarlies. The rich are really the ones truly guilty of these crimes they made these individuals commit these crimes by their selfish hoarding of their money. Redistributing wealth is the first step to solving these problems. So I think Nikki wanting to take SS away from the rich is a very smart idea.
WOW the ignorance and hypocrisy is off the charts ^^^. First, the 'rich' work twice as hard and long as you people hence their wealth you blithering idiot. Second, we don't force the human scum to commit crimes. Finally why don't you lead by example, cancel your internet service, sell your computer and give the money to the poor...no? Yeah that's what we thought. You people are only generous with other people's money.

I have always wondered, "WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH ARE MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES RECEIVING SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS?" Niki's plan makes sense, even though some of the details are wonky at this early stage. This has go to give her a leg up (pardon the pun) on the rest of the repub field...especially the insurrectionist named trump.
:laughing0301:

She's a warmongering moron.

So of course libs love her.

:laughing0301:

But yeah, this idea is especially idiotic.

I have always wondered, "WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH ARE MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES RECEIVING SOCIAL SECURITY CHECKS?" Niki's plan makes sense, even though some of the details are wonky at this early stage. This has go to give her a leg up (pardon the pun) on the rest of the repub field...especially the insurrectionist named trump.

They pay into the ponzi scheme. Why shouldn't they receive their govt pittance?

Forum List

Back