No. College Students Are Not Anti Free Speech.

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
There is a widely held.....but overly simplistic take on the recent campus protests. The meme is that today's young people...especially college students.....are coddled and therefore unable to meet opposing voices with maturity. The common theme is that these students want to silence voices so their overly sensitive egos are not harmed.

We hardly go a day around here where a "conservative" doesn't post a thread or a link to some story about weakling students whining about being offended. Shit....there is a minor industry which exists simply to put these stories out there.

Well......like many things......if you are lazy and don't look into the issue, you'll probably buy the line that you are being sold. Especially if it fits in your overall world view. And nutbags have a firm world view that college students suck and want to use PC to shut people up......for no good reason.

That is....of course....ridiculous. Our campuses remain places where opposing voices are embraced and where free speech is greatly valued.

I was, therefore, pleased to find this exhaustive piece on the subject. It sets the record straight. If you are willing to read it....you may learn something. Namely....that

At Yale, a fiery debate over who's being silenced

Enjoy.

Your article quotes a female student who demands that people who say there is suppression of free speech must stop saying there is suppression of free speech, because that's racist to say there is suppression of free speech.

And you say what about that? That's not suppression of free speech?

You didn't even read your own damn article.

Your article quotes a female student who demands that people who say there is suppression of free speech must stop saying there is suppression of free speech, because that's racist to say there is suppression of free speech.

You fail. Lazy assed fool.

Fuckface, I made a perfectly valid point that you didn't read your own article, which clearly stated that the students hate free speech because they consider free speech racist.

Respond to what I said.

Fuckface, I made a perfectly valid point that you didn't read your own article, which clearly stated that the students hate free speech because they consider free speech racist.

Respond to what I said.

I read it. You skimmed it...and missed the point entirely. Try harder.

Except that to a rather large extent college students today ARE pretty anti Free Speech.

The pussies need free speech zones and other special areas to be free from the prospect of ruffled feathers if they are (OMG) to hear the contrary opinions of others.

And they even have mamby-pamby special no buzz words to hide behind. You know, horse shit like "micro-aggressions."

In many cases, their little minds are tightly shut and fearful. Intellectuals? No. Not hardly. Brave? No. Honest? Fuck no.

I won't generalize about all modern college students, but the ones making the waves and garnering the fawning attention of pinhead liberal media are pussies.

Interesting exchange between Christakis and the maiden. She tells him to be quiet and then looses it when he attempts to speak. She then regresses to pre-columbian conduct, to cursing and shouting about him not providing a "home". Her holding him captive with curses and shrieking certainly was not suppression of free speech in any way, shape or form. Simply a little pampered piss head exercising her right to free speech. No fault,no foul. But den eye dont no nuffin! It is difficult to take progressive journalism seriously.

You're flat lying. Colleges across America are limiting speech. Many have free speech zones. Some...like Auburn...actually have free speech permits with a 48 hour waiting period.

Here.....scroll through the liberal campus insanity
WWW.CAMPUSREFORM.ORG

Forum List

Back