No freakin way! Joe The Plumber takes a UNION JOB!

He didn't have to join the union - that's the point.

Union membership is not mandatory.

OK, now you're just lying!
Under the NLRA, you cannot be required to be a member of a union or pay it any monies as a condition of employment unless the collective bargaining agreement between your employer and your union contains a provision requiring all employees to either join the union or pay union fees.

And guess what: they ALL do!

The Supreme Court, in Communication Workers v. Beck, 487 U.S. 735 (1988), a lawsuit that was supported by the Foundation, ruled that objecting nonmembers cannot be required to pay union dues. The most that nonmembers can be required to pay is an agency fee that equals their share of what the union can prove is its costs of collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance adjustment with their employer.

Can I be required to be a union member or pay dues to a union? | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation

Yes yes yes, we know, you will re-re-re-re-repost the same tired old shit about being able to pay an "agency fee", but it's still union dues...just the same shit in a different cesspool. I can belong to the union, of I can pay a "fee" that is--SURPRISE!--exactly equal to the regular dues, to the penny!

my gawd, you're not one to speak about dumber than shit....read your postings
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and you people whine about vetting....Mrs Palin was a governor of a state, Obama was a JUNIOR SENATOR of not even ONE TERM IN CONGRESS...please spare up the BS...the people aren't buying it anymore

Obama had spent a decade as a state legislator and a Senator for one of the most populus states in the union.

Palin governed a state that has less people in it than some suburbs of Chicago. And she didn't even finish out her term.

Again, you had vastly more qualified people McCain could have chosen, he picked Palin because he thought she had street cred with the crazy faction of your party. And then people saw how stone dead ignorant the woman was, and didn't want her to be one 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency.

In 2008, Sarah Palin had more executive experience than Barack Obama and Joe Biden combined!

In 1987, which was Greg Maddux' and Tom Glavine's first full seasons, Tom Candiotti had a 7-18 won/loss and a 4.78 ERA for the Indians.

Candiotti had vastly more pitching experience than either Maddux or Glavine, yet those two are going into the Hall Of Fame as two of the finest pitchers ever.

Same with Obama.

OK, now you're just lying!
Under the NLRA, you cannot be required to be a member of a union or pay it any monies as a condition of employment unless the collective bargaining agreement between your employer and your union contains a provision requiring all employees to either join the union or pay union fees.

And guess what: they ALL do!

The Supreme Court, in Communication Workers v. Beck, 487 U.S. 735 (1988), a lawsuit that was supported by the Foundation, ruled that objecting nonmembers cannot be required to pay union dues. The most that nonmembers can be required to pay is an agency fee that equals their share of what the union can prove is its costs of collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievance adjustment with their employer.

Can I be required to be a union member or pay dues to a union? | National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation
Yes yes yes, we know, you will re-re-re-re-repost the same tired old shit about being able to pay an "agency fee", but it's still union dues...just the same shit in a different cesspool. I can belong to the union, of I can pay a "fee" that is--SURPRISE!--exactly equal to the regular dues, to the penny!

It's NOT union dues! Didn't you read it?

Did you check out my source? It's the Right-Wing Right To Work website. :lol:

Once more, for the slow kid... I can belong to the union, or I can pay a "fee" that is--SURPRISE!--exactly equal to the regular dues, to the penny! Same shit, different septic tank.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8668814 said:
[

As you can see my post was edited to reflect 'nick name' prior to your time stamp. Which probably means you click reply before my edit showed up.

Did Obama go by the name Barry? at one point in his life, Yes or no? Does that make him a liar?

Do thousands and thousands of American's use their middle names as first names. Yes, or no?

Those people named Charles and go by Chuck or Dick, when named Richard make them a lairs?

You really need to stop trying to make people look bad because they disagree with one party or another or ask a question. A shame politics are so flippin partisan when people say someone is a liar for using a middle name. The left wing attack on Joe the Plumber are nothing but petty and dishonest IMO. If one wants a true issue then focus on the real issues, not someone who uses his middle name and said he wanted to buy a business and did not. It makes the left look insincere at best.

No, guy, I don't go back and read posts, and using a "nickname" is different than using a middle name. Usually nicknames are assigned by other people. I usually sign most of my official documents "Joseph", but everyone calls me Joe.

Sam the Scab wanted to be known a "joe the Plumber" because it sounded earthy. Like I said,I really think this guy is a Koch Brother plant, and it was nice this weed got torn out by the roots.

Sam the Scab tried to present himself as something he wasn't, and he got called on it. And now the big phony is taking a union job after spending years bashing unions. (My guess. He won't last.)

( emphasis added)

BINGO

Joe introduced himself as "Joe Wurzelbacher", period.

Joseph Wurzelbacher did not call himself "Joe the Plumber" others did. The media, McCain, etc.

Here is what Joe said about public Unions:

I have never made it a secret that I do not like public unions because taxpayers are never properly represented at the bargaining table. People need to be educated that, in fact, it was President Jimmy Carter who ended collective bargaining rights for Federal workers because of this very fact. President Carter knew it was not in the best interest of America or Americans and he is an icon of the left.

Was he wrong?

Joe uses his middle name as many others do. Who knows if his parents gave him that nick name or if he preferred to be called Joe over Sam as he grew into adulthood. It does not make him a liar anymore than you introducing yourself as Joe over Joseph or Obama introducing himself as Barry over Barack.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8668743 said:
CaféAuLait;8668539 said:
You don't know what kind of deal was offered to him by the owner of the business he was working for? You really have no clue about that? As far as the back taxes, even the tax office of his state said there was a 99 percent chance HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM.

America's Overnight Sensation Joe the Plumber Owes $1,200 in Taxes - ABC News

Also, from your link ... he changed his story ...

Wurzelbacher conceded today that he is not in danger of being hit with the higher tax rate. He acknowledged that he wants to buy a plumbing company for $250,000 to $280,000. That wouldn't be how much profit he would make from the firm.

OMG talk about splitting hairs.

This is what he said:

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.

And the lie is where?

Who knows what happened to the plans. Maybe his boss got pissed since his business was put under the microscope and he believed his employee could work under the company's license.

Who knows? If every broken dream and or promise or plan was called a lie when it fell through, then we all would be liars, yes? It just seems silly to me to rip this man apart that asked Obama a question while Obama was on this mans street campaigning.

IMO I don't think Joe the Plumber knew what would happen. The MEDIA made him famous and McCain and others. Then his life was examined. I would hate to think this could happen to anyone on the campaign trail. Left, right or center.

It was a lie because it was bullshit. He even changed his story, as the link you provided, pointed out, because he was bullshitting.

CaféAuLait;8672342 said:
[

I have never made it a secret that I do not like public unions because taxpayers are never properly represented at the bargaining table. People need to be educated that, in fact, it was President Jimmy Carter who ended collective bargaining rights for Federal workers because of this very fact. President Carter knew it was not in the best interest of America or Americans and he is an icon of the left.

Was he wrong?

Joe uses his middle name as many others do. Who knows if his parents gave him that nick name or if he preferred to be called Joe over Sam as he grew into adulthood. It does not make him a liar anymore than you introducing yourself as Joe over Joseph or Obama introducing himself as Barry over Barack.

Sam the Scab called himself "joe the plumber' when he was nothing of the sort.

But never mind that, the union statement is interesting.

First, few on the left really consider Jimy Carter an "icon". He's just a nice man who builds houses and was a weak president who couldn't get things done. In fact, if you were around in 1980, you'd know a lot of Democrats wanted to get behind Ted Kennedy and get rid of Carter.

I guess the Koch brothers are going to have to find themselves another useless tool.

CaféAuLait;8668743 said:
Also, from your link ... he changed his story ...

Wurzelbacher conceded today that he is not in danger of being hit with the higher tax rate. He acknowledged that he wants to buy a plumbing company for $250,000 to $280,000. That wouldn't be how much profit he would make from the firm.

This is what he said:

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.

And the lie is where?

Who knows what happened to the plans. Maybe his boss got pissed since his business was put under the microscope and he believed his employee could work under the company's license.

Who knows? If every broken dream and or promise or plan was called a lie when it fell through, then we all would be liars, yes? It just seems silly to me to rip this man apart that asked Obama a question while Obama was on this mans street campaigning.

IMO I don't think Joe the Plumber knew what would happen. The MEDIA made him famous and McCain and others. Then his life was examined. I would hate to think this could happen to anyone on the campaign trail. Left, right or center.

It was a lie because it was bullshit. He even changed his story, as the link you provided, pointed out, because he was bullshitting.

Show me where he changed his story please.

What he said to Obama:

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year

What he said in the article where you claim he lied:

He acknowledged that he wants to buy a plumbing company for $250,000 to $280,000. That wouldn't be how much profit he would make from the firm.

You all spit hairs, its ridiculous. It makes you seem desperate to be honest.

CaféAuLait;8672981 said:
CaféAuLait;8668743 said:

This is what he said:

And the lie is where?

What he said to Obama:

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year

He acknowledged that he wants to buy a plumbing company for $250,000 to $280,000. That wouldn't be how much profit he would make from the firm.

Again, no one making $40K is buying a $280K business. We know he didn't buy the business and it later came out that it was actually many years earlier when he discussed buying the business. So he wasn't "getting ready to buy" shit.

As far as the part in your link where he changed his story ... he went from saying ...

"I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year. Your new tax plan's going tax me more, isn't it?"

... to ...

You can call that splitting hairs if you really need to defend his lies that badly -- but they remain lies nonetheless.

CaféAuLait;8672342 said:
[

Was he wrong?

Sam the Scab called himself "joe the plumber' when he was nothing of the sort.

But never mind that, the union statement is interesting.

First, few on the left really consider Jimy Carter an "icon". He's just a nice man who builds houses and was a weak president who couldn't get things done. In fact, if you were around in 1980, you'd know a lot of Democrats wanted to get behind Ted Kennedy and get rid of Carter.

I guess the Koch brothers are going to have to find themselves another useless tool.

( emphasis added)

No, he did not call himself that and claiming it over and over wont make it true, it will remain a lie. The proof is in the video of him and Obama.

The press called him Joe the Plumber and McCain did.

Joe called himself Joe Wurzelbacher, period.

As far as the quote I provided you, it was to show Joe was against public unions and not private and whether or not Carter and a democratic house and senate, I guess the icon part of it might be a bit irritating to be honest.

CaféAuLait;8672981 said:

What he said to Obama:

Again, no one making $40K is buying a $280K business. We know he didn't buy the business and it later came out that it was actually many years earlier when he discussed buying the business. So he wasn't "getting ready to buy" shit.

As far as the part in your link where he changed his story ... he went from saying ...

"I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year. Your new tax plan's going tax me more, isn't it?"

... to ...

You can call that splitting hairs if you really need to defend his lies that badly -- but they remain lies nonetheless.

Oh please, the reporter interviewed Joe and explained Obama's stated policy on tax point by point and then asked Joe if it would impact the business, because Joe said the company was making around 250 a year. The reporter said he needed to make 250 a year in profit at least for Obama policy to become an issue. And then Joe said he guessed it would not impact the business if he needed to make 250 a year in profit. More hair splitting.

You have no clue about family helping or not with funds, or any plans made with the business owner. You make these claims and say it's lies. But the fact of the matter is, it was Obama's answer about "spreading the wealth around" through taxes is what got this rolling.

Instead of dealing with the politicians answer and or defending, accepting or supporting his stance, Joe the Plumber was attacked. How flippin crazy is that?

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8673137 said:
No, he did not call himself that and claiming it over and over wont make it true, it will remain a lie. The proof is in the video of him and Obama.

As far as the quote I provided you, it was to show Joe was against public unions and not private and whether or not Carter and a democratic house and senate, I guess the icon part of it might be a bit irritating to be honest.

You can pull whatever quote you want out of your ass, the fact is, Sam the Scab bitched about unions until he had to join one, and now his fellow union members call him a "Teabagger" and he's whining about that

Of course, what really burns your ass is that you guys thought you had this great narrative about the plucky entrepenuer named "Joe" who was out there working his little heart out until Obama said something about "Sharing the wealth", that dirty stinking Commie.

And we find out that "Joe" was not only not a plucky entrepenuer, he wasn't even fucking licensed to do plumbing.

what makes you call him a white power bigot?

and so what? he is right, if wants the job and the employees voted for the union, then that it is they our country works. he is still entitled to his opinion about unions. and good for him for taking the work despite his beliefs.

i'm sure you woudl rather he be doled out on welfare.

:rolleyes:

Good post. I'm opposed to unions but have been forced to join them on three occasions during my working career. I'm opposed to high taxes too but pay them because I must - by law. Sometimes, we have to take jobs that we don't want to take but take them anyway to keep food on the table.

Signed -- An American FOR the Tea Party.

At Chrysler!!!!

Union-Bashing Racist Hypocrite ‘Joe the Plumber’ Just Took a Union Job!

At a Wisconsin anti-union rally Samuel Wurzelbacher, or “Joe the Plumber” as the unlicensed plumber has become known, told the crowd that ”Unions don’t deserve anything, you don’t deserve anything, you work for it yourself!” However, that was before Joe found himself a sweet union job at Chrysler.

Wurzelbacher posted on Facebook that he was required to join the union. In fact, his view regarding unions seems to have changed since ‘totally not a bigot‘ ’White Power Mario’ has elected to cast his convictions to the side. Joe’s anti-union vitriol seems to have subsided enough that he has no qualms with accepting a union position now that it benefits him. ”In order to work for Chrysler, you are required to join the Union, in this case UAW. There’s no choice – it’s a union shop – the employees voted to have it that way and in America that’s the way it is,” Joe wrote.

The failed Ohio congressional candidate lamented his fellow union workers’ less-than-positive opinions of him. ”I had three days of orientation, and now I’m “on the job” over here at Chrysler and on Day 4, I’m outside on a break smoking a cigarette and right on cue – some guy calls me a ‘teabagger,’” Joe complained on Facebook. He doesn’t feel that it is proper to judge him simply because he has actively participated in extremely anti-union activities:

Union-Bashing Racist Hypocrite ?Joe the Plumber? Just Took a Union Job! | Americans Against the Tea Party

That's funny.

Hope he organizes the employees to dump the union.

cuz I wouldn't mind being able to afford a new American car

CaféAuLait;8673137 said:

You can pull whatever quote you want out of your ass, the fact is, Sam the Scab bitched about unions until he had to join one, and now his fellow union members call him a "Teabagger" and he's whining about that

Of course, what really burns your ass is that you guys thought you had this great narrative about the plucky entrepenuer named "Joe" who was out there working his little heart out until Obama said something about "Sharing the wealth", that dirty stinking Commie.

And we find out that "Joe" was not only not a plucky entrepenuer, he wasn't even fucking licensed to do plumbing.

First, it's not clear to me how it's deceptive to call yourself a plumber when you do plumbing work for a licensed plumbing company, even if you are not the owner of said company. Maybe that's not good enough for you and the plumbers union to consider you a plumber, but for 95 percent of people, that job description sounds like "plumber."

You are so blinded by your hate for Joe ( which stumps me TBH) you still fail to see he could no more predict Obama's answer and or the press/McCain jumping all over it than he could the lotto numbers. I couldn't give a shit less about Obama's answer but you keep trying to insist I do for whatever reason.

The issue for me is how he was treated by the media, and pubic servants trying to embarrass him because he asked a question. That crap should have never happened.

BTW are you aware He was not happy about McCain using him, in fact he said "McCain was trying to use him" and he also said he felt Obama was a more HONEST politician, even though he disagreed with him, shortly after the whole mess started.

Read more: Joe the Plumber goes off on McCain, says he 'screwed up my life' | TheHill

I'll ask you one more time why not examine or support the politicians ( ANY POLITICAN) answer and or instead of attacking the person who asked a question?

my gawd, you're not one to speak about dumber than shit....read your postings
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and you people whine about vetting....Mrs Palin was a governor of a state, Obama was a JUNIOR SENATOR of not even ONE TERM IN CONGRESS...please spare up the BS...the people aren't buying it anymore

Obama had spent a decade as a state legislator and a Senator for one of the most populus states in the union.

Palin governed a state that has less people in it than some suburbs of Chicago. And she didn't even finish out her term.

Again, you had vastly more qualified people McCain could have chosen, he picked Palin because he thought she had street cred with the crazy faction of your party. And then people saw how stone dead ignorant the woman was, and didn't want her to be one 72 year old heartbeat away from the presidency.

In 2008, Sarah Palin had more executive experience than Barack Obama and Joe Biden combined!

Well no. She didn't.

Alaska..although it is a "state", has less people in it than a Illinois burb.

It's a fly over with lotsa oil.

Did he take some kind of vow to never take a union job?

Plenty of people are forced to join unions when they don't want to. That's why unions are dying in the US. People don't want to be forced into joining a union.

Unions are dying because right wingers want people locked into jobs they can't stand at below minimum wage with no benefits. It's not even good for business.

CaféAuLait;8673194 said:
CaféAuLait;8672981 said:

What he said to Obama:

... to ...

Oh please, the reporter interviewed Joe and explained Obama's stated policy on tax point by point and then asked Joe if it would impact the business, because Joe said the company was making around 250 a year. The reporter said he needed to make 250 a year in profit at least for Obama policy to become an issue. And then Joe said he guessed it would not impact the business if he needed to make 250 a year in profit. More hair splitting.

You have no clue about family helping or not with funds, or any plans made with the business owner. You make these claims and say it's lies. But the fact of the matter is, it was Obama's answer about "spreading the wealth around" through taxes is what got this rolling.

Instead of dealing with the politicians answer and or defending, accepting or supporting his stance, Joe the Plumber was attacked. How flippin crazy is that?
What's crazy is the lengths you go to in order defend Joe the Liar. The guy clearly framed his question as though he was going to have to pay more in taxes because of Obama's proposed tax hike on the top bracket when the truth was he earned nowhere near enough to be affected.

Jesus Christ, really? Joe the fucking plumber? After all this time? How the fuck is he relevant to anything? Who fucking cares? Seriously, I want to know...

I had forgot all about him, liberals sure like to live in the past. He dictates no policy, he gets one vote like every other American and no one cared about him, until liberals drag him out and make him relevant again.

IDIOTS!

Forum List

Back