No freakin way! Joe The Plumber takes a UNION JOB!

CaféAuLait;8667371 said:
[

How many times are you going to push the same old lie on this thread? :redface:

His middle name is Joe, (Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher) that is what he used as a name like a ton of people go by their middle name. But you already knew that and wanted to try and paint him as a liar one more time... Why?

He NEVER said he owned or had a business, he said he was buying one. But you already knew that and wanted to try and paint him as a liar one more time... Why?

He was working as a plumber for Newell Plumbing & Heating. But you already knew that and wanted to try and paint him as a liar one more time... Why?

Why? Because Obama embarrassed himself with his response and McCain used it for fodder. Good Grief. Joe asked a question and the left gets bent out of shape! So much so we knew how much in back taxes Joe owed, we knew he was once late on child support, we knew how many parking tickets he had, we found out OMG he was not part of the Plumbers Union, we found out he was working unlicensed as a plumber. LOL

Point was he didn't have a license to be a plumber or was a member of the plumber's union, but he passed himself off as "Joe The Plumber" when maybe he should have called himself "Sam the Scab".

Hmmm.. I think I'll go with that from now on. Sam the Scab.

It does not matter, he was working as a plumber. It happens.

He did not call himself "Joe the Plumber" the press did. Secondly, he believed he could work under the license of Newell Plumbing. Either way, it does not mean he was not doing plumbing work.

As I said earlier to argue as you all have since he was doing plumbing work non-licensed does not mean he was working as a plumber. The same way if a driver was unlicensed and driving a car, does not mean he was not the driver. That is how silly your argument is. You all want to push the 'hair-splitting' to denigrate the man who asked a question.

Obama flubbed his answer and his 'sharing the wealth' comment was something that generated a lot of press. Then, the press and McCain used Obama's answer and somehow Joe the Plumber was attacked, instead of attacking the answer. WTH? It's totally laughable.

First Ted Nugent and now Joe the plumber. The left sure looks desperate these days.

At Chrysler!!!!

Union-Bashing Racist Hypocrite ‘Joe the Plumber’ Just Took a Union Job!

At a Wisconsin anti-union rally Samuel Wurzelbacher, or “Joe the Plumber” as the unlicensed plumber has become known, told the crowd that ”Unions don’t deserve anything, you don’t deserve anything, you work for it yourself!” However, that was before Joe found himself a sweet union job at Chrysler.

Wurzelbacher posted on Facebook that he was required to join the union. In fact, his view regarding unions seems to have changed since ‘totally not a bigot‘ ’White Power Mario’ has elected to cast his convictions to the side. Joe’s anti-union vitriol seems to have subsided enough that he has no qualms with accepting a union position now that it benefits him. ”In order to work for Chrysler, you are required to join the Union, in this case UAW. There’s no choice – it’s a union shop – the employees voted to have it that way and in America that’s the way it is,” Joe wrote.

The failed Ohio congressional candidate lamented his fellow union workers’ less-than-positive opinions of him. ”I had three days of orientation, and now I’m “on the job” over here at Chrysler and on Day 4, I’m outside on a break smoking a cigarette and right on cue – some guy calls me a ‘teabagger,’” Joe complained on Facebook. He doesn’t feel that it is proper to judge him simply because he has actively participated in extremely anti-union activities:

Union-Bashing Racist Hypocrite ?Joe the Plumber? Just Took a Union Job! | Americans Against the Tea Party
You must be mistaken. :eusa_hand: Joe the Plumber said he had his own business which was growing so much, he was going to make over $200,000 net.

No, he did not. You all just don't like the truth. You make shit up. It's sad.

Transcript:

JOE THE PLUMBER: A TRANSCRIPT | Tampa Bay Times

Obama was walking down Joe's street and he ended up speaking to Joe. Within days we have the entire man's life torn apart because he asked a flippin question. I don't give a hoot about Joe, but its scary IMO. And for those of you who think its not, I hope you never ask a question of a politician and end up in the same light. The media fell all over itself to make him look as bad as Obama's answer was. Left leaning voters lost their jobs in court houses for leaking information to the press. It's creepy as was said above.

CaféAuLait;8668080 said:
[It does not matter, he was working as a plumber. It happens.

He did not call himself "Joe the Plumber" the press did. Secondly, he believed he could work under the license of Newell Plumbing. Either way, it does not mean he was not doing plumbing work.

As I said earlier to argue as you all have since he was doing plumbing work non-licensed does not mean he was working as a plumber. The same way if a driver was unlicensed and driving a car, does not mean he was not the driver. That is how silly your argument is. You all want to push the 'hair-splitting' to denigrate the man who asked a question.

Obama flubbed his answer and his 'sharing the wealth' comment was something that generated a lot of press. Then, the press and McCain used Obama's answer and somehow Joe the Plumber was attacked, instead of attacking the answer. WTH? It's totally laughable.

Actually, I thought Obama's answer was perfectly fine. So did most people.

What got Sam the Scab in trouble was that he was representing himself as a "plumber" when he was not licensed to do plumbing work in that state. Oh, and we also found out he was a racist and a deadbeat dad and owed back taxes. In short, a typical kind of rube that the Tea Party trots out...

So Sam Wurzelburger is his name, not Joe the Plumber. So what?

CaféAuLait;8668102 said:
At Chrysler!!!!
You must be mistaken. :eusa_hand: Joe the Plumber said he had his own business which was growing so much, he was going to make over $200,000 net.

Transcript:

Obama was walking down Joe's street and he ended up speaking to Joe. Within days we have the entire man's life torn apart because he asked a flippin question. I don't give a hoot about Joe, but its scary IMO. And for those of you who think its not, I hope you never ask a question of a politician and end up in the same light. The media fell all over itself to make him look as bad as Obama's answer was. Left leaning voters lost their jobs in court houses for leaking information to the press. It's creepy as was said above.

Do you read what you link?

Obama: Good to see you, Joe.

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.
Obama: All right.

Joe: Your new tax plan's gonna tax me more, isn't it?

Obama: Well, here's what's gonna happen. If you're a small business which you would qualify as, first of all, you'd get a 50 percent tax credit, so you get a cut on taxes for your health care costs. So you would actually get a tax cut on that front. If your revenue is above $250,000, then from $250,000 down, your taxes are gonna stay the same. It is true that for … say, from $250,000 up, from $250,000 to $300,000 or so …

Joe: Well, here's my question …

Obama: I just want to answer your question. So, for that additional amount, you'd go from 36 to 39 percent, which is what it was under Bill Clinton. And the reason we're doing that is because 95 percent of small businesses make less than $250,000 so what I want to do is give them a tax cut. I want to give all these folks who are bus drivers, teachers, auto workers who make less … I want to give them a tax cut and so what we're doing is, we are saying that folks who make more than $250,000 that that marginal amount above $250,000, they're gonna be taxed at a 39 instead of a 36 percent rate.

Joe: Well, the reason why I ask you about the American Dream I mean, I work hard. I'm a plumber, I work 10-12 hours a day …

Obama: Absolutely.

Joe: … and I'm, you know, buying this company and I'm gonna continue to work that way. Now, if I buy another truck and adding something else to it and, you know, build the company, you know, I'm getting taxed more and more while fulfilling the American Dream.

Obama: Well, here's a way of thinking about it. How long have you been a plumber? How long have you been working?

Joe: Fifteen years.

Obama: Okay. So, over the last 15 years, when you weren't making $250,000, you would have been getting a tax cut from me. So you'd actually have more money, which means you would have saved more, which means that you would have gotten to the point where you could build your small business quicker than under the current tax code. So there are two ways of looking at it. I mean, one way of looking at it is, now that you've become more successful …

Joe: Through hard work.

Obama: … through hard work, you don't want to be taxed as much.

Joe: Exactly.

Obama: Which I understand. But another way of looking at it is, 95 percent of folks who are making less than $250,000, they may be working hard, too, but they're being taxed at a higher rate than they would be under mine. So what I'm doing is … you know, put yourself back 10 years ago when you were only making whatever — $60,000 or $70,000. Under my tax plan, you would be keeping more of your paycheck, you'd be spending lower taxes, which means that you would have saved and gotten to the point where you are faster. Now, look, nobody likes high taxes, right? Of course not. But what's happened is that we end up … we've cut taxes a lot for folks like me who make a lot more than $250,000. We haven't given a break to folks who make less and, as a consequence, the average wage and income for just ordinary folks, the vast majority of Americans, has actually gone down over the last eight years. So all I want to do is … I've got a tax cut. The only thing that changes is, I'm going to cut taxes a little bit more for the folks who are most in need, and for the 5 percent of the folks who are doing very well, even though they've been working hard … and I understand that; I appreciate that … I just want to make sure that they're paying a little bit more in order to pay for those other tax cuts. Now, I respect your disagreement, but I just want you to be clear. It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance at success, too.

Joe: It seems like you'd be welcome to a flat tax then.

Obama: You know, I would be open to it except for … here's the problem with the flat tax. If you actually put a flat tax together, you'd probably … in order for it to work and replace all the revenue that we've got, you'd probably end up having to make it like about a 40 percent sales tax. I mean, the value added, making it up. Now, some people say 23 or 25, but, in truth, when you add up all the revenue that would need to be raised, you'd have to slap on a whole bunch of sales taxes on it. And I do believe that for folks like me who are, you know, have worked hard but, frankly, also been lucky, I don't mind paying just a little bit more than the waitress who I just met over there, who's … things are slow and she can barely make the rent. Because my attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. If you've got a plumbing business, you're gonna be better off if you've got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you. And right now, everybody's so pinched that business is bad for everybody. And I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody. But, listen, I respect what you do and I respect your question. And even if I don't get your vote, I'm still gonna be working hard on your behalf 'cause I want to make sure … small businesses are what creates jobs in this country and I want to encourage it. All right. (applause) One other thing I didn't mention. For small-business people, I'm gonna eliminate the capital gains tax, so what it means is if your business succeeds and let's say you take it from a $250,000 business to a $500,000 business, that capital gains that you get, we're not gonna tax you on it 'cause I want you to grow more so you're actually going … you may end up … I'd have to look at your particular business but you might end up paying lower taxes under my plan and my approach than under John McCain's plan. I can't guarantee that 'cause I'd have to take a look at your business.

CaféAuLait;8668102 said:
At Chrysler!!!!

Transcript:

Yes, I saw that he said he was going to buy a business earning as much as $280,000, not that he already owned it, and corrected my post. Still, his claim turned out to be a lie. :dunno:

I think joe may be his middle name...
But you are right ...so what.
He was critical of unions and to get ths job he had to join a union?
So we are going to give him shit for it...

The man wants to work.
Make fun all you want Libs.

CaféAuLait;8668080 said:
[It does not matter, he was working as a plumber. It happens.

Actually, I thought Obama's answer was perfectly fine. So did most people.

What got Sam the Scab in trouble was that he was representing himself as a "plumber" when he was not licensed to do plumbing work in that state. Oh, and we also found out he was a racist and a deadbeat dad and owed back taxes. In short, a typical kind of rube that the Tea Party trots out...

What got Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher in trouble was the fact that people were able to use Obama's answer to Joe as fodder and the left did not like it. McCain brought it up the "spread the wealth" etc... S

Seriously, you are upset because he called himself a plumber while working under his company's plumbing license ( something his boss claimed he could do)? You really think people were like OMG, I JUST HAVE to find out more about this man! He may have lied and he is not a plumber! HOLY MOLY Batman a CRIME of EPIC proportions!!! Lets start digging so we can make this man look awful!!! Please. Its scary.

As far as racist? Are you going to make the same claim he is a racist for linking to an article by a black tea partier and discussing it on his blog? Because that is the article he linked to then everyone started calling him a racist.

America Needs a White Republican President

Here is the article that got it going where they linked to his blog and accused him of writing it, when he clearly links to the original black author and tea partier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-Joe-Plumber-causes-outrage-racist-post.html

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8668102 said:

Transcript:

Yes, I saw that he said he was going to buy a business earning as much as $280,000, not that he already owned it, and corrected my post. Still, his claim turned out to be a lie. :dunno:

Really, why was that a lie? Can you tell me he did not think or want to buy a business and thought he could?

Within THREE days of his telling Obama he wanted to buy a business, every single piece of dirt imaginable was thrown at him because people used his interview as fodder.

I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber, what irritates me is the response the rabid media had and those working for court houses releasing PRIVATE information. Subsequently fired as well. That was scary IMO.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/us/politics/17joe.html?_r=0

CaféAuLait;8668406 said:
CaféAuLait;8668102 said:

Transcript:

Really, why was that a lie? Can you tell me he did not think or want to buy a business and thought he could?

Within THREE days of his telling Obama he wanted to buy a business, every single piece of dirt imaginable was thrown at him because people used his interview as fodder.

I couldn't care less about Joe the Plumber, what irritates me is the response the rabid media had and those working for court houses releasing PRIVATE information. Subsequently fired as well. That was scary IMO.

Because a person earning $40,000 can't buy a a business for $280,000. Plus, he was acting as though he was concerned about his taxes going up if he net more than $250K, when in reality, he wasn't even paying all of his taxes when he was making only $40K.

First Ted Nugent and now Joe the plumber. The left sure looks desperate these days.

Yeah - Perry, Paul, and the Wingnut Times sure are looking desperate! :lol:

Ted Nugent Loses the Washington Times, Rick Perry, Rand Paul

*snip*

In similar situations, Republicans have rallied behind celebrities when the media started their Scandalous Comments stories. Nugent hasn't seen a rally. Rand Paul has called on him to apologize. Ted Cruz and Rick Perry have denounced him. But the most interesting denunciation might come from Wes Pruden at the Washington Times. Nugent, to Pruden, was an "aging rock musician with a loose mouth who was semifamous 40 years ago."

That long ago? Only a year ago, he filed a special column for the Washington Times. Before that, for a few years, he published a weekly column. That's why the de-Nugent-ing of the GOP, if that's what's happening, feels genuinely surprising. Is it the content of the comment—especially in Texas? Is Nugent the unlucky winner on the Wheel-of-Repudiation, which skipped the last umpteen conservative figures who stumbled into gaffe stories?

CaféAuLait;8668102 said:

Transcript:

Do you read what you link?

Obama: Good to see you, Joe.

Joe: I'm getting ready to buy a company that makes about $250,000 … $270-$280,000 a year.
Obama: All right.

Joe: Your new tax plan's gonna tax me more, isn't it?

Obama: Well, here's what's gonna happen. If you're a small business which you would qualify as, first of all, you'd get a 50 percent tax credit, so you get a cut on taxes for your health care costs. So you would actually get a tax cut on that front. If your revenue is above $250,000, then from $250,000 down, your taxes are gonna stay the same. It is true that for … say, from $250,000 up, from $250,000 to $300,000 or so …

Joe: Well, here's my question …

Obama: I just want to answer your question. So, for that additional amount, you'd go from 36 to 39 percent, which is what it was under Bill Clinton. And the reason we're doing that is because 95 percent of small businesses make less than $250,000 so what I want to do is give them a tax cut. I want to give all these folks who are bus drivers, teachers, auto workers who make less … I want to give them a tax cut and so what we're doing is, we are saying that folks who make more than $250,000 that that marginal amount above $250,000, they're gonna be taxed at a 39 instead of a 36 percent rate.

Joe: Well, the reason why I ask you about the American Dream I mean, I work hard. I'm a plumber, I work 10-12 hours a day …

Obama: Absolutely.

Joe: … and I'm, you know, buying this company and I'm gonna continue to work that way. Now, if I buy another truck and adding something else to it and, you know, build the company, you know, I'm getting taxed more and more while fulfilling the American Dream.

Obama: Well, here's a way of thinking about it. How long have you been a plumber? How long have you been working?

Joe: Fifteen years.

Obama: Okay. So, over the last 15 years, when you weren't making $250,000, you would have been getting a tax cut from me. So you'd actually have more money, which means you would have saved more, which means that you would have gotten to the point where you could build your small business quicker than under the current tax code. So there are two ways of looking at it. I mean, one way of looking at it is, now that you've become more successful …

Joe: Through hard work.

Obama: … through hard work, you don't want to be taxed as much.

Joe: Exactly.

Obama: Which I understand. But another way of looking at it is, 95 percent of folks who are making less than $250,000, they may be working hard, too, but they're being taxed at a higher rate than they would be under mine. So what I'm doing is … you know, put yourself back 10 years ago when you were only making whatever — $60,000 or $70,000. Under my tax plan, you would be keeping more of your paycheck, you'd be spending lower taxes, which means that you would have saved and gotten to the point where you are faster. Now, look, nobody likes high taxes, right? Of course not. But what's happened is that we end up … we've cut taxes a lot for folks like me who make a lot more than $250,000. We haven't given a break to folks who make less and, as a consequence, the average wage and income for just ordinary folks, the vast majority of Americans, has actually gone down over the last eight years. So all I want to do is … I've got a tax cut. The only thing that changes is, I'm going to cut taxes a little bit more for the folks who are most in need, and for the 5 percent of the folks who are doing very well, even though they've been working hard … and I understand that; I appreciate that … I just want to make sure that they're paying a little bit more in order to pay for those other tax cuts. Now, I respect your disagreement, but I just want you to be clear. It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance at success, too.

Joe: It seems like you'd be welcome to a flat tax then.

Obama: You know, I would be open to it except for … here's the problem with the flat tax. If you actually put a flat tax together, you'd probably … in order for it to work and replace all the revenue that we've got, you'd probably end up having to make it like about a 40 percent sales tax. I mean, the value added, making it up. Now, some people say 23 or 25, but, in truth, when you add up all the revenue that would need to be raised, you'd have to slap on a whole bunch of sales taxes on it. And I do believe that for folks like me who are, you know, have worked hard but, frankly, also been lucky, I don't mind paying just a little bit more than the waitress who I just met over there, who's … things are slow and she can barely make the rent. Because my attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody. If you've got a plumbing business, you're gonna be better off if you've got a whole bunch of customers who can afford to hire you. And right now, everybody's so pinched that business is bad for everybody. And I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody. But, listen, I respect what you do and I respect your question. And even if I don't get your vote, I'm still gonna be working hard on your behalf 'cause I want to make sure … small businesses are what creates jobs in this country and I want to encourage it. All right. (applause) One other thing I didn't mention. For small-business people, I'm gonna eliminate the capital gains tax, so what it means is if your business succeeds and let's say you take it from a $250,000 business to a $500,000 business, that capital gains that you get, we're not gonna tax you on it 'cause I want you to grow more so you're actually going … you may end up … I'd have to look at your particular business but you might end up paying lower taxes under my plan and my approach than under John McCain's plan. I can't guarantee that 'cause I'd have to take a look at your business.

And since he didn't read this either, let's break it down to the money quote:

Just another lying Right-Winger.

I think joe may be his middle name...
But you are right ...so what.
He was critical of unions and to get ths job he had to join a union?
So we are going to give him shit for it...

The man wants to work.
Make fun all you want Libs.

He didn't have to join the union - that's the point.

Union membership is not mandatory.

CaféAuLait;8668406 said:

Because a person earning $40,000 can't buy a a business for $280,000. Plus, he was acting as though he was concerned about his taxes going up if he net more than $250K, when in reality, he wasn't even paying all of his taxes when he was making only $40K.

You don't know what kind of deal was offered to him by the owner of the business he was working for? You really have no clue about that? As far as the back taxes, even the tax office of his state said there was a 99 percent chance HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM.

There is a judgment lien against him for nonpayment of income tax," Barb Losie, deputy clerk of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, told ABCNews.com. "The state files hundreds of liens a day. It means he owes that money."

Losie said Wurzelbacher owes $1,182 from January 2007, but no action has been taken against him outside of filing the lien.

"There is no judge pulled, there is no attorney assigned... There is a 99 percent chance he doesn't know about the lien, unless he did a credit report or was ready to pay his taxes," Losie said.

America's Overnight Sensation Joe the Plumber Owes $1,200 in Taxes - ABC News

CaféAuLait;8668539 said:
CaféAuLait;8668406 said:

You don't know what kind of deal was offered to him by the owner of the business he was working for? You really have no clue about that? As far as the back taxes, even the tax office of his state said there was a 99 percent chance HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THEM.

There is a judgment lien against him for nonpayment of income tax," Barb Losie, deputy clerk of the Lucas County Court of Common Pleas, told ABCNews.com. "The state files hundreds of liens a day. It means he owes that money."

Losie said Wurzelbacher owes $1,182 from January 2007, but no action has been taken against him outside of filing the lien.

"There is no judge pulled, there is no attorney assigned... There is a 99 percent chance he doesn't know about the lien, unless he did a credit report or was ready to pay his taxes," Losie said.

Umm ... he didn't buy the business. It was all a lie.

CaféAuLait;8668539 said:
CaféAuLait;8668406 said:

Also, from your link ... he changed his story ...

Wurzelbacher conceded today that he is not in danger of being hit with the higher tax rate. He acknowledged that he wants to buy a plumbing company for $250,000 to $280,000. That wouldn't be how much profit he would make from the firm.

CaféAuLait;8668376 said:
[

What got Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher in trouble was the fact that people were able to use Obama's answer to Joe as fodder and the left did not like it. McCain brought it up the "spread the wealth" etc... S

Seriously, you are upset because he called himself a plumber while working under his company's plumbing license ( something his boss claimed he could do)? You really think people were like OMG, I JUST HAVE to find out more about this man! He may have lied and he is not a plumber! HOLY MOLY Batman a CRIME of EPIC proportions!!! Lets start digging so we can make this man look awful!!! Please. Its scary.

As far as racist? Are you going to make the same claim he is a racist for linking to an article by a black tea partier and discussing it on his blog? Because that is the article he linked to then everyone started calling him a racist.

Here is the article that got it going where they linked to his blog and accused him of writing it, when he clearly links to the original black author and tea partier.
url]

Naw, what made us all think he was a racist is when he called himself a "White Power Mario".

Sam the Scab is the kind of dumbass Republican working person who thinks that he's going to be successful because with enough asses kissed, the plutocrats will let him rise.

And no surprise, we found out he owed back taxes, missed child support payments, and oh, yeah, despite being Mr. Upwardly Mobile Entrepenuer, he took a union job because that paid better.

CaféAuLait;8668539 said:

Umm ... he didn't buy the business. It was all a lie.

ANYONE can claim to be a Right-Winger - you have to be a blatant liar to prove it!

Forum List

Back