No Indictment in Eric Garner Case

He was being arrested? Woow you see all kinds of things not in the tape huh?

Was he going to jail? Did you see that too on the video?

Another thing you saw that must be hidden in that video orrrrrrrrrr you are just repeating what the police said and the video is a lie

I'm sorry, did you hear that also? I didnt but I admit I could be wrong

I cant believe you spent the time to type this bullshit.
And I'm equally disappointed in myself for reading it. :cuckoo:

I could be wrong but no where on the tape was it indicated he was under arrest. I'm sorry either you're hearing things or just believing what you heard was said
I don't know if selling loose cigarettes is a criminal offense or a civil offense. It appears to be a civil offense.

We do know that whatever it was....? He wasnt getting a ticket for it,he was being arrested for it.
The police have no business manhandling anyone for such a minor offense.

So how long exactly should the cops let him flail around to avoid arrest?
I do believe the cop was a little overzealous but I dont believe he tried to kill the guy.

I still do not see this question answered:

Are cops supposed to just let people go once they resist arrest?

A simple citation for a simple infraction would have seemed the proper solution to me. And that's a bit ridiculous when you consider the supposed infraction.

Our jail & prison system is already overwhelmed so arresting a man for selling individual cigarettes makes total sense right? Probably a good thing he didn't have a 32oz Big Gulp on him or he might have been shot on sight.

This is a great example of too much government. Also a great example of how the government in NY has lost its mind.

I could be wrong but no where on the tape was it indicated he was under arrest. I'm sorry either you're hearing things or just believing what you heard was said
I don't know if selling loose cigarettes is a criminal offense or a civil offense. It appears to be a civil offense.

We do know that whatever it was....? He wasnt getting a ticket for it,he was being arrested for it.

I do believe the cop was a little overzealous but I dont believe he tried to kill the guy.
Who said anything about arrest? Looked more like they wanted him to come with them to the station and he refused.

Even if that were true, and its not, since when is selling loose cigarettes punishable by death?

He didn't die for selling cigs, he died by resisting arrest. Comply, and live to tell about it.

Not true.

He died from a chokehold, illegal in NY since 1993 because it kills.

Watch the video I posted that the GJ was not allowed to see. It clearly shows what really happened.

Forever, since it appeared he wasn't doing anything arrest worthy.

I don't think the cop tried to kill him. I think the cop used a procedure that his department banned and accidentally killed the man. I also saw that the cops waited seven minutes before giving him CPR. IMO the entire group involved should be fired.

Are you refusing to tell people where you heard he was under arrest or nah? Because on the video recording it aint there

I had a cellmate who was in prison for involuntary manslaughter. He backed over someone when pulling out of a parking stall. Never saw the individual much less trying to kill him. So he was thrown in prison for his negligence. Intentions are irrelevant sometimes.

Not to say I'd throw this cop in prison though. Massive fines, 10 years probation & FIND A NEW JOB.

And it is very likely he would not have died, if not for the choke hold.

Very possibly. However, the choke hold used on him was NOT the one outlawed a number of years ago and no hold would have been necessary if the individual had simply complied with the officer's demands and not resisted.

Many cops today are little tyrants. If you disobey them, they just might murder you and get away with it.

As they should. Law and Order are the core of a decent society. Without them you end up with what we have today. Disobeying a cop SHOULD be a very painful and potentially fatal choice.

The police state rolls on.............

Better than the other options, so far as I'm concerned.

I had a cellmate who was in prison for involuntary manslaughter. He backed over someone when pulling out of a parking stall. Never saw the individual much less trying to kill him. So he was thrown in prison for his negligence. Intentions are irrelevant sometimes.

Not to say I'd throw this cop in prison though. Massive fines, 10 years probation & FIND A NEW JOB.

Good point. Police are not a special protected class. They're no better than Citizens. Accident or not, this is a heinous tragedy. The man repeatedly told the officers he couldn't breathe. Yet they continued to assault him. They all have to be held accountable.

I don't think the cop tried to kill him. I think the cop used a procedure that his department banned and accidentally killed the man. I also saw that the cops waited seven minutes before giving him CPR. IMO the entire group involved should be fired.

As far as what they were arresting him for is immaterial,but obviously they had a reason.Fight it in court.
I thought the guy walked away in hand cuffs? And if he was without oxygen for seven minutes he'd be brain dead in most cases.

The black guy resisting arrest was three times the size of the officers. they could have used a stun gun on him, but that might have killed him too. Demonizing cops is an attempt to bring about anarchy.

As far as what they were arresting him for is immaterial,but obviously they had a reason.Fight it in court.
I thought the guy walked away in hand cuffs? And if he was without oxygen for seven minutes he'd be brain dead in most cases.
Sure it's material. Cops are not allowed to use deadly force to prevent petty crimes.

It can't be fought in court because the corrupt system favors cops. The only remedy is public outrage to a level that NYPD has no choice but to fire the cop.

A man repeatedly says he can't breathe, yet you go on assaulting him anyway? I'm sure if you're a family member of this poor man, watching the video must be a horrific torturous experience. Watching your loved one slowly murdered. So damn tragic.

Are you refusing to tell people where you heard he was under arrest or nah? Because on the video recording it aint there

Do you think they were dancing with the guy?

Cuffing is not arresting.

More Citizens imprisoned Per capita, than any other Nation on Earth. And sadly, death at the hands of Police has become all-too common in America. Still think you don't live in a Police State?

1. The chokehold is not illegal.
2. The man died 4 hours later, likely caused by his poor health and not from choking.

And it is very likely he would not have died, if not for the choke hold.

Many cops today are little tyrants. If you disobey them, they just might murder you and get away with it.

The police state rolls on.............

It's even more likely that he would not have died if he hadn't resisted arrest.

That may be true. But that does not remove the liability of the officer who used an illegal technique that caused the man's death.

The hold he used was not illegal.

I dont assume, I'm just asking where did you see the guy being told he's under arrest?

Forum List

Back