No Indictment in Eric Garner Case

Are you refusing to tell people where you heard he was under arrest or nah? Because on the video recording it aint there

Do you think they were dancing with the guy?
Cuffing is not arresting.

Then we'll go with detained.
One could say it was un-necessary detainment, with fatality.

I wouldnt call it un-necessary. Sounds like this guy had run ins with the police over this in the past.
Ok what did he do to deserve to be choked & cuffed?

By that thinking a person who dies of a gunshot wound 4 hours after being shot was not killed by the guy doing the shooting. If the act contributed to the death, then it contributed to the death and is part of the death.
A gun shot and a choke...two VERY different things.

If they end in and contribute to a homicide, they really are not.

Yeah they are. You either choke right then and there, or you don't. Once the choke hold is released you begin breathing again. Dying 4 hours later is caused by other things. Perhaps precipitated by the choke hold, but you don't choke to death 4 hours after you are choked. It's physically impossible.

The act performed does not have to be the one that directly caused the death, it just has to contribute. His heart attack was caused by a combination of weight, diet, and yes, the choke hold and stress of the arrest.

Of course, but you said they are the same, they are not.

Yeah they are. You either choke right then and there, or you don't. Once the choke hold is released you begin breathing again. Dying 4 hours later is caused by other things. Perhaps precipitated by the choke hold, but you don't choke to death 4 hours after you are choked. It's physically impossible.

It put him into a coma.

The video shows him dead at the scene. And he laid there, dead for quite a long while.

Except that he didn't die there. He died at the hospital you racist retard.

Do you think they were dancing with the guy?

I wouldnt call it un-necessary. Sounds like this guy had run ins with the police over this in the past.

He sold LOOSE CIGARETTES, which Obama made illegal in 2010. Anyone who crosses The Won deserves a violent death.

1. The chokehold is not illegal.
2. The man died 4 hours later, likely caused by his poor health and not from choking.

It was pretty obvious when he said that he couldn't breathe repeatedly.

NYPD chokehold arrest of Eric Garner ruled homicide by Medical Examiner - CBS News

Garner's death was caused by compression of neck and chest, and his prone positioning during physical restraint by police, the New York City Medical Examiner's office announced Friday. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were listed as contributing factors.

Lol, if you are talking, you are breathing.

I just held my breath for more than half a minute and was still able to talk.

Plus he also had the added incentive to try and get them to stop choking him because he was really suffocating.

By that thinking a person who dies of a gunshot wound 4 hours after being shot was not killed by the guy doing the shooting. If the act contributed to the death, then it contributed to the death and is part of the death.

The act performed does not have to be the one that directly caused the death, it just has to contribute. His heart attack was caused by a combination of weight, diet, and yes, the choke hold and stress of the arrest.

Trauma is trauma, a bullet can lead to system failure, its just that bleeding out is a more common occurrence.

The arrest contributed to his death. The debate can be about the death being an indictable homicide, but it was a homicide.

2. The man died 4 hours later, likely caused by his poor health and not from choking.

NYPD chokehold arrest of Eric Garner ruled homicide by Medical Examiner - CBS News

Garner's death was caused by compression of neck and chest, and his prone positioning during physical restraint by police, the New York City Medical Examiner's office announced Friday. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were listed as contributing factors.

Plus he also had the added incentive to try and get them to stop choking him because he was really suffocating.

OMG!!! That's hilarious! Do you have two heads? Two sets of lungs? Two vocal cord sets or two tracheae?

That's some epic stupidity right there, way to go moron.

Trauma is trauma, a bullet can lead to system failure, its just that bleeding out is a more common occurrence.

The arrest contributed to his death. The debate can be about the death being an indictable homicide, but it was a homicide.

Now you are talking about something else. I agree that it was a homicide considering the Medical Examiner said it was, and he knows better than both of us.

Eric Garner, a 43-year-old father of six, was illegally selling cigarettes on July 17 when police officers tackled him and put him in a chokehold. Police said he had been resisting arrest. The city's medical examiner ruled the death a homicide.

NY policeman not indicted in chokehold death U.S. Justice sets probe

How can they say he was resisting arrest when all he did was stand there?

In the audio portion of the video Garner was repeatedly told to put his hands behind his back. He repeatedly refused to do so.
Hence the term 'resisting arrest'.
He had just broke the terms of his probation and hence he was headed back to prison. This he apparently did not want to happen.

He sold LOOSE CIGARETTES, which Obama made illegal in 2010. Anyone who crosses The Won deserves a violent death.
Oh... well there is that.

Eric Garner, a 43-year-old father of six, was illegally selling cigarettes on July 17 when police officers tackled him and put him in a chokehold. Police said he had been resisting arrest. The city's medical examiner ruled the death a homicide.

NY policeman not indicted in chokehold death U.S. Justice sets probe

How can they say he was resisting arrest when all he did was stand there?

In the audio portion of the video Garner was repeatedly told to put his hands behind his back. He repeatedly refused to do so.
Hence the term 'resisting arrest'.
He had just broke the terms of his probation and hence he was headed back to prison. This he apparently did not want to happen.

No. He was resisting "detainment." Broke probation by breaking up a fight? WTF is wrong with you people?

I know the coroner obviously doesnt know anything about causes of death and stuff. :rolleyes: I mean what is a coroner anyway? Dead people....pbbbbt :rolleyes:

You show me where it says he died of manual strangulation.

The Coroner knows more than you
SO show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation. Because if the so called choke hold killed him that would be listed as the singular cause of death and not a contributing factor to his death.

See the difference there?

You can argue that with the Coroner. He knows something about Homicides and Forensics. And knows waaaay more about it than some peanut gallery internet poster like yourself
Show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation.

HOMICIDE: Medical examiner says NYPD chokehold killed Staten Island dad Eric Garner

It was a homicide — and the chokehold killed him.

Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday.

The autopsy also found that compressions to the chest and “prone positioning during physical restraint by police” killed Garner. The manner of death, according to the medical examiner, was homicide.

Garner’s widow told the Daily News she was relieved that the coroner finally confirmed what she suspected since her husband died on July 17.

Eric Garner s death ruled a homicide NYC medical examiner - NY Daily News

Obama didn't make loose cigarettes illegal you moron. And even if he did, it does not rise to the level that the police felt comfortable laying a finger on this man.

The ME comes to that conclusion plus millions of people seeing that video every other minute come to that conclusion. Also that poor little boy in the Cleveland park was buried today.

Something has to be done about these cops, they feel they are above the law.

I still do not see this question answered:

Are cops supposed to just let people go once they resist arrest?

A simple citation for a simple infraction would have seemed the proper solution to me. And that's a bit ridiculous when you consider the supposed infraction.

Our jail & prison system is already overwhelmed so arresting a man for selling individual cigarettes makes total sense right? Probably a good thing he didn't have a 32oz Big Gulp on him or he might have been shot on sight.

This is a great example of too much government. Also a great example of how the government in NY has lost its mind.
The 'Government' in NYC is the most LIBERAL in the US!
Go fucking whine to the fucking LIB governments in every fucking failed city in the country.
Ironic you would be now whining about 'Big Government'.

OMG!!! That's hilarious! Do you have two heads? Two sets of lungs? Two vocal cord sets or two tracheae?

That's some epic stupidity right there, way to go moron.

Ok, I put my hand over my mouth and held my nose for more than half a minute and could still make muffled words. Are you saying I am lying? :lol:

I still do not see this question answered:

Are cops supposed to just let people go once they resist arrest?

A simple citation for a simple infraction would have seemed the proper solution to me. And that's a bit ridiculous when you consider the supposed infraction.

Our jail & prison system is already overwhelmed so arresting a man for selling individual cigarettes makes total sense right? Probably a good thing he didn't have a 32oz Big Gulp on him or he might have been shot on sight.

This is a great example of too much government. Also a great example of how the government in NY has lost its mind.
The 'Government' in NYC is the most LIBERAL in the US!
Go fucking whine to the fucking LIB governments in every fucking failed city in the country.
Ironic you would be now whining about 'Big Government'.
You clearly have no idea what i believe or think. Just yelling for the sake of yelling eh?

Dumbass

People with heart conditions can have a heart attack just from getting really upset. The typical chokehold doesn't kill anyone. I've seen people crying and yelling for police to let go of their spouses and not because they are being hurt, but because they don't want them arrested.

It's sad that the guy died, but the cop was merely subduing a suspect that fought. How was he supposed to know the guy's heart was a ticking time bomb? When you resist, cops will do what they need to take you down.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but you have to put yourself in the cop's place at the time. Taking down a suspect who is fighting you isn't something that is done gently. Little hard when you are literally fighting with the person to get them to stop and sit still. Had the guy cooperated, it might have been different, but then maybe not. If he had not encountered police and gone home, there is a good chance he was on the verge of a heart attack already.

We weren't privy to all the evidence presented to the grand jury, but they would have had to see proof that the cop knowingly and willfully harmed the guy. I don't see how the cop could have known about the guy's condition. It's possible the guy didn't know how bad off his heart was.

If a person is choked to death, they die on the spot. An autopsy would have shown the cause of death. Without knowing all the details, it's too hard to judge. I would guess the grand jury had information not released to the public yet.

I know police use the chokehold all the time and this is rare, so there must have been other things at play here, like the guy's general health. I just can't buy that a cop murdered someone in front of witnesses. I really can't believe that.
Chokeholds are against NYPD policy. So at the very least this asshole cop should be fired and stripped of his pension.

Sorry, but I haven't been following this case and there is always a lot of bullshit reported so who knows what to believe anymore?

The guy was talking during the chokehold, so wasn't actually being strangled. Not everyone's heart gives out that easily and the man's health had to play a part.

After the Ferguson bullshit, I am skeptical and take bias witness testimony with a grain of salt. I haven't read much on the official investigation.

Thats incorrect. You can talk under water. I guarantee you that you are not breathing.

People with heart conditions can have a heart attack just from getting really upset. The typical chokehold doesn't kill anyone. I've seen people crying and yelling for police to let go of their spouses and not because they are being hurt, but because they don't want them arrested.

It's sad that the guy died, but the cop was merely subduing a suspect that fought. How was he supposed to know the guy's heart was a ticking time bomb? When you resist, cops will do what they need to take you down.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but you have to put yourself in the cop's place at the time. Taking down a suspect who is fighting you isn't something that is done gently. Little hard when you are literally fighting with the person to get them to stop and sit still. Had the guy cooperated, it might have been different, but then maybe not. If he had not encountered police and gone home, there is a good chance he was on the verge of a heart attack already.

We weren't privy to all the evidence presented to the grand jury, but they would have had to see proof that the cop knowingly and willfully harmed the guy. I don't see how the cop could have known about the guy's condition. It's possible the guy didn't know how bad off his heart was.

If a person is choked to death, they die on the spot. An autopsy would have shown the cause of death. Without knowing all the details, it's too hard to judge. I would guess the grand jury had information not released to the public yet.

I know police use the chokehold all the time and this is rare, so there must have been other things at play here, like the guy's general health. I just can't buy that a cop murdered someone in front of witnesses. I really can't believe that.
Chokeholds are against NYPD policy. So at the very least this asshole cop should be fired and stripped of his pension.

Sorry, but I haven't been following this case and there is always a lot of bullshit reported so who knows what to believe anymore?

The guy was talking during the chokehold, so wasn't actually being strangled. Not everyone's heart gives out that easily and the man's health had to play a part.

After the Ferguson bullshit, I am skeptical and take bias witness testimony with a grain of salt. I haven't read much on the official investigation.
So you are saying that his health killed him even though he was clearly alive when they attempted to detain him?

Forum List

Back