No Indictment in Eric Garner Case

The chokehold is not illegal.
2. The man died 4 hours later, likely caused by his poor health and not from choking.
The chokehold is illegal in New York, and Garner died an hour after his "arrest."
"After Garner expressed to the police that he was tired of being harassed and that he was not selling cigarettes, officers made the move to arrest Garner. Officer Daniel Pantaleo, also on scene, put his arms around the much taller Garner's neck, applying a headlock or chokeholdshown in a widely viewed video recording of the event.[1] Garner was pronounced dead approximately one hour later at the hospital."
Death of Eric Garner - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Wikipedia? Really dude?

He was not choked to death Idiot.

If he could talk he wasn't being choked.

The stress of the situation most likely killed the fat fuck just as his next walk up a flight of stairs could have and the stress of the situation was entirely his own fault.

I know the coroner obviously doesnt know anything about causes of death and stuff. :rolleyes: I mean what is a coroner anyway? Dead people....pbbbbt :rolleyes:

You show me where it says he died of manual strangulation.

The Coroner knows more than you
SO show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation. Because if the so called choke hold killed him that would be listed as the singular cause of death and not a contributing factor to his death.

See the difference there?

You can argue that with the Coroner. He knows something about Homicides and Forensics. And knows waaaay more about it than some peanut gallery internet poster like yourself
Show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation.

I know the coroner obviously doesnt know anything about causes of death and stuff. :rolleyes: I mean what is a coroner anyway? Dead people....pbbbbt :rolleyes:

You show me where it says he died of manual strangulation.

The Coroner knows more than you
SO show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation. Because if the so called choke hold killed him that would be listed as the singular cause of death and not a contributing factor to his death.

See the difference there?

You can argue that with the Coroner. He knows something about Homicides and Forensics. And knows waaaay more about it than some peanut gallery internet poster like yourself
Show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation.

Why? Whats the point? Are you saying the Coroner was wrong or nah?

We do know that whatever it was....? He wasnt getting a ticket for it,he was being arrested for it.
The police have no business manhandling anyone for such a minor offense.

So how long exactly should the cops let him flail around to avoid arrest?
I do believe the cop was a little overzealous but I dont believe he tried to kill the guy.

Are you refusing to tell people where you heard he was under arrest or nah? Because on the video recording it aint there

Do you think they were dancing with the guy?
Cuffing is not arresting.

Then we'll go with detained.

Hell of a choke hold that kill someone four hours later.

This^^^

By that thinking a person who dies of a gunshot wound 4 hours after being shot was not killed by the guy doing the shooting. If the act contributed to the death, then it contributed to the death and is part of the death.
A gun shot and a choke...two VERY different things.

If they end in and contribute to a homicide, they really are not.

I do believe the cop was a little overzealous but I dont believe he tried to kill the guy.

Are you refusing to tell people where you heard he was under arrest or nah? Because on the video recording it aint there

You'll go with anything

And it is very likely he would not have died, if not for the choke hold.

Very possibly. However, the choke hold used on him was NOT the one outlawed a number of years ago and no hold would have been necessary if the individual had simply complied with the officer's demands and not resisted.

Many cops today are little tyrants. If you disobey them, they just might murder you and get away with it.

As they should. Law and Order are the core of a decent society. Without them you end up with what we have today. Disobeying a cop SHOULD be a very painful and potentially fatal choice.

The police state rolls on.............

Better than the other options, so far as I'm concerned.

The problem is what should happen is when officers exceed their authority they are punished. That doesn't happen anymore. A cop exceeding their authority should be FIRED. If we owe them cooperation then we are owed a police force that only uses it when it needs to, and follows proper procedure.

More Citizens imprisoned Per capita, than any other Nation on Earth. And sadly, death at the hands of Police has become all-too common in America. Still think you don't live in a Police State?
War on drugs... war on terror.. DHS... yeah we're living in a pseudo police state, American style.

One could say it was un-necessary detainment, with fatality.

1. The chokehold is not illegal.
2. The man died 4 hours later, likely caused by his poor health and not from choking.

It was pretty obvious when he said that he couldn't breathe repeatedly.

NYPD chokehold arrest of Eric Garner ruled homicide by Medical Examiner - CBS News

Garner's death was caused by compression of neck and chest, and his prone positioning during physical restraint by police, the New York City Medical Examiner's office announced Friday. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were listed as contributing factors.

This^^^

By that thinking a person who dies of a gunshot wound 4 hours after being shot was not killed by the guy doing the shooting. If the act contributed to the death, then it contributed to the death and is part of the death.

Yeah they are. You either choke right then and there, or you don't. Once the choke hold is released you begin breathing again. Dying 4 hours later is caused by other things. Perhaps precipitated by the choke hold, but you don't choke to death 4 hours after you are choked. It's physically impossible.

1. The chokehold is not illegal.

It was pretty obvious when he said that he couldn't breathe repeatedly.

NYPD chokehold arrest of Eric Garner ruled homicide by Medical Examiner - CBS News

Garner's death was caused by compression of neck and chest, and his prone positioning during physical restraint by police, the New York City Medical Examiner's office announced Friday. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were listed as contributing factors.

Lol, if you are talking, you are breathing.

You'll go with anything

My aren't you witty....

And it is very likely he would not have died, if not for the choke hold.

Very possibly. However, the choke hold used on him was NOT the one outlawed a number of years ago and no hold would have been necessary if the individual had simply complied with the officer's demands and not resisted.

Many cops today are little tyrants. If you disobey them, they just might murder you and get away with it.

As they should. Law and Order are the core of a decent society. Without them you end up with what we have today. Disobeying a cop SHOULD be a very painful and potentially fatal choice.

The police state rolls on.............

Better than the other options, so far as I'm concerned.

IOW, the cops should be above the law and kill as a matter of convenience and without consequence.

If rabid, racist RWs have their way, we really will be living in a police state where every black person is ASSSumed to be a criminal and killed on the spot.

Yeah they are. You either choke right then and there, or you don't. Once the choke hold is released you begin breathing again. Dying 4 hours later is caused by other things. Perhaps precipitated by the choke hold, but you don't choke to death 4 hours after you are choked. It's physically impossible.

It put him into a coma.

This^^^

The act performed does not have to be the one that directly caused the death, it just has to contribute. His heart attack was caused by a combination of weight, diet, and yes, the choke hold and stress of the arrest.

One could say it was un-necessary detainment, with fatality.

I wouldnt call it un-necessary. Sounds like this guy had run ins with the police over this in the past.

It put him into a coma.

The video shows him dead at the scene. And he laid there, dead for quite a long while.

Forum List

Back