No one ever really hated gay people in this country

" I can tell you no one ever really hated gays" is a lie straight from the foundations of Hell.

I can tell you my experience. I knew that there were people who were truly repulsed by homosexuals and seem to go out of there way to hate them but most people were kind of neutral about the whole thing.
You are either unaware, delusional, or lying. There is no other answer for your comment.

Most gays where hidden before the 1970's , remember how shocking it was for Rock Hudson to come out with aides?

It seems that the hate is much more voiced today by the bible thumpers who think they are better people while spewing their hypocrisy ...going to funerals ,ect.

The below video shows how the hate is excepted in some churches..

"No one ever really hated gay people in this country"

This is both idiotic and a lie, in addition to being comprehensively ignorant.

The hatred exhibited toward gays in American is well-documented and infamous, particularly during the 60s and 70s when gay Americans began the struggle to realize their civil rights.

Indeed, until 2003 homosexuality was illegal in some jurisdictions, where being gay was an actual criminal offense.

And today hatred of gay Americans is alive and well – we see that with anti-gay legislation being passed in some states, the hateful anti-gay rhetoric used by many conservative politicians, and the hatred expressed toward gay Americans on this very forum.

Like I said two pages back...

Being gay in the 70s meant having fewer rights than others and often times living a secretive life. What you don't like are gay people being themselves out in the open. That's your problem to deal with, not homosexuals.

Being out in the open being gay is not the same thing as stripping children of their erstwhile right to both a mother and father from the marriage contract. When gay's sexual lives strip children of contractual necessities, for life, then their lifestyle must be called up short. "This far and no farther". Fuck who you want, when you want, but you can't call it married. We tell this to incest people. We tell it to polygamists. We tell it to gays. And we tell it to these groups of sexual orientations as a whole because and directly because of the children involved...

A sexual lifestyle such as incest, gay or polygamy doesn't make "legal rights" that states can't defend children against.. States should really look into New York vs Ferber: Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

We don't "tell it to gays" they are legally able to get married, regardless of your confused opinions.

So there you have it, all sexual orientations may marry, polyamorists, incest and gay...to hell with the children! Not all you say? Why not? (Cite the 14th Amendment in your answer..)

Honey, your straight up cray, cray.

" I can tell you no one ever really hated gays" is a lie straight from the foundations of Hell.

I can tell you my experience. I knew that there were people who were truly repulsed by homosexuals and seem to go out of there way to hate them but most people were kind of neutral about the whole thing.
You are either unaware, delusional, or lying. There is no other answer for your comment.

I'm sure your experience was different. I was just telling you mine. I never said it didn't exist somewhere. I was just telling you one person's experience so I don't see how it can be a lie at all.

"No one ever really hated gay people in this country"

This is both idiotic and a lie, in addition to being comprehensively ignorant.

The hatred exhibited toward gays in American is well-documented and infamous, particularly during the 60s and 70s when gay Americans began the struggle to realize their civil rights.

Indeed, until 2003 homosexuality was illegal in some jurisdictions, where being gay was an actual criminal offense.

And today hatred of gay Americans is alive and well – we see that with anti-gay legislation being passed in some states, the hateful anti-gay rhetoric used by many conservative politicians, and the hatred expressed toward gay Americans on this very forum.

Sure...someone says I don't want to bake a cake for someone and that is the same as building an oven to put them in. On the other hand, telling someone they have to accept someone else's lifestyle seems to be a pretty bullshit thing to do. I would think that we are free to make whatever assessment we want about someone else's life on an individual level. I get told all the time that not bootlicking the 'liberal' dogma makes me a NAZI. I get a little upset by it but I don't scream to university police about how the other person is 'attacking' me and should be put in jail.

Most gays where hidden before the 1970's , remember how shocking it was for Rock Hudson to come out with aides?

It seems that the hate is much more voiced today by the bible thumpers who think they are better people while spewing their hypocrisy ...going to funerals ,ect.

The below video shows how the hate is excepted in some churches..

True but people knew someone was gay. I'm sure Rock Hudson's friends probably knew it. It wasn't a surprise to them. The general public was probably shocked by it because it was kept from them for carreer reasons. The public probably didn't approve to much of it but that doesn't mean the same public stood outside his funeral with signs that said "god hates fags". It is not the same thing which is what I said before. Most people were kind of neutral about it. They either hated it a little or liked it a little but they never completely embraced it or thought gays should be burned at the stake.

I'm sure your experience was different. I was just telling you mine. I never said it didn't exist somewhere. I was just telling you one person's experience so I don't see how it can be a lie at all.
I am glad you lived in a better community than almost all of the rest of us. The American of the seventies was not a place of warm love for gays. My brother can tell you of his troubles. I have known many others who are still struggling with the hatred decades later. Yes, the seventies was a place of hatred for gays in America.

Hatred can fall far short of being burned at the stake and yet be horrible for the objects of the hatred.

This reminds me of the same fucking garbage the left says about how Americans treated blacks before the 1960s. They act as if before then and without them America would still hate blacks. Same crap different group.

I am glad you lived in a better community than almost all of the rest of us. The American of the seventies was not a place of warm love for gays. My brother can tell you of his troubles. I have known many others who are still struggling with the hatred decades later. Yes, the seventies was a place of hatred for gays in America.

Hatred can fall far short of being burned at the stake and yet be horrible for the objects of the hatred.

Blah Blah Blah Stop Complaining.

This reminds me of the same fucking garbage the left says about how Americans treated blacks before the 1960s. They act as if before then and without them America would still hate blacks. Same crap different group.

Blacks were subjected to Jim Crow for 100 years. As long as they accepted second class status, they survived
If they didn't, they received a visit in the night

America seemed content with the situation until someone did something about it

Blacks were subjected to Jim Crow for 100 years. As long as they accepted second class status, they survived

SuperDemocrat's denial of the reality of the past is truly sorrowful.

I really don't have to listen to some guy who went out of his way to defend Bill Clinton attending the funeral of a KKK member by saying he himself has attended the funeral of other KKK members. This kind of puts on a new light about the hardships your brother went through.

This wasn't because the 14th amendment was immediatly enacted after the civil war to protect black people.

This wasn't because the 14th amendment was immediatly enacted after the civil war to protect black people.

Jim Crow was the next best thing to slavery. It still enforced the pecking order in southern society

Both the 13th and 14 th amendments were ignored to maintain the peculiar institution

I really don't have to listen to some guy who went out of his way to defend Bill Clinton attending the funeral of a KKK member by saying he himself has attended the funeral of other KKK members. This kind of puts on a new light about the hardships your brother went through.

You have show such poor judgment on the board that I am not concerned much your failure of moral judgment.

Byrd had repented of his Klan leanings. Of the many funerals I attended, four of them were Klan members. Your meaningless deflection is noted.

The OP is, Yes, gays were hated in the seventies, and you are flat wrong to suggest that was not the norm.

Forum List

Back