No, President Trump, you can’t bomb a virus. We need expertise and empathy – not a war

America’s addiction to militarism in the years since the Cold War has ultimately spent and — it now seems clear — wasted trillions of dollars to defend against hypothetical threats while leaving us practically helpless for the real ones.

the only real similarity between the 2020 pandemic and actual combat will be the Vietnam War-sized body count of the casualties.

For years, we’ve shunted aside or even ridiculed a so-called “mommy party” of Democrats wanting sissy stuff like hospitals to nurse the sick or pre-schools for our little toddlers, while worshiping a “daddy party” of Democrats keeping us safe with their tanks and drones, not realizing that Dad was actually out every night blowing the budget to get drunk on worthless, exploding gadgets.

What a TDS rant.

I get it the democrats believe that a bad economy makes their chances of winning much better. The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.
The cult of dementia does not see a way forward for them to the power they crave without creating pain.
So Republican states are open for business? I’ll help. Nope. You’re just looking for some partisan blame to offset the real incompetent way that the Trump administration handled this.
Sorry to bust your bubble there sparky but I never said that any state was open. Reading is hard for some, understanding is harder for others.
I don't care how a partisan shill for China thinks Trump did. I look at it from the point of how a large amount of independents and those that don't work for foreign governments do.
We need an economy to go back to. While that might hurt your home country it helps us.
You blamed the shut down on Democrats. They are managed state by state. Heavily republican states are shut down. Your partisan hack statement does not hold up. - I explained simply so you can u n d e r s t a n d. And you post about reading comprehension?!?
Now I understand that you have real problems.
As usual. Hit them with reason and facts and they raise the white flag and insult. Trumps followers if nothing are at least consistent.
You might actually post a fact.
How s l o w must I type for you? You said this shut down was the fault of Democrats and I asked you then why are Republican states shut down then you panicked without an answer and started insults. Now you are caught up.
You should probably have the fellow overseeing your troll farm read it to you. I did not say that they were responsible. No where in my post did I use the word responsible. I understand that English is a hard language for foreigners.
I did state that they want a failing economy. Which is true. I never stated that they were in any way responsible ( there is that word again). I will say that they want the lockdown to continue as long as they can because of the damage it will do to the economy.
If the economy rebounds and the stock market does also can we expect all of the democrats and trolls to be on this message board claiming what a great job he did or will you be on to the next faux outrage?

I get it the democrats believe that a bad economy makes their chances of winning much better. The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.
The cult of dementia does not see a way forward for them to the power they crave without creating pain.
So Republican states are open for business? I’ll help. Nope. You’re just looking for some partisan blame to offset the real incompetent way that the Trump administration handled this.
Sorry to bust your bubble there sparky but I never said that any state was open. Reading is hard for some, understanding is harder for others.
I don't care how a partisan shill for China thinks Trump did. I look at it from the point of how a large amount of independents and those that don't work for foreign governments do.
We need an economy to go back to. While that might hurt your home country it helps us.
You blamed the shut down on Democrats. They are managed state by state. Heavily republican states are shut down. Your partisan hack statement does not hold up. - I explained simply so you can u n d e r s t a n d. And you post about reading comprehension?!?
As usual. Hit them with reason and facts and they raise the white flag and insult. Trumps followers if nothing are at least consistent.
How s l o w must I type for you? You said this shut down was the fault of Democrats and I asked you then why are Republican states shut down then you panicked without an answer and started insults. Now you are caught up.
You should probably have the fellow overseeing your troll farm read it to you. I did not say that they were responsible. No where in my post did I use the word responsible. I understand that English is a hard language for foreigners.
I did state that they want a failing economy. Which is true. I never stated that they were in any way responsible ( there is that word again). I will say that they want the lockdown to continue as long as they can because of the damage it will do to the economy.
If the economy rebounds and the stock market does also can we expect all of the democrats and trolls to be on this message board claiming what a great job he did or will you be on to the next faux outrage?
Like a right wing troll you left out your next sentence: “The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.” How do you create pain for politics and not be responsible for it? You didn’t type the world responsible you simply described it. If you were an American you’d have caught that but since you are a Russian troll bot you missed it.

Like a right wing troll you left out your next sentence: “The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.” How do you create pain for politics and not be responsible for it? You didn’t type the world responsible you simply described it. If you were an American you’d have caught that but since you are a Russian troll bot you missed it.
I see you missed the fact that it was in reference to the first part. The fact that prolonging the lockdown will create a depression which will create pain. So once again you fail in understanding English. You can qualify a sentence.
Is China really this bad at understanding English? I thought they sent numbers over here to study.

I see you missed the fact that it was in reference to the first part. The fact that prolonging the lockdown will create a depression which will create pain. So once again you fail in understanding English. You can qualify a sentence.
Is China really this bad at understanding English? I thought they sent numbers over here to study.
Wtf are you even arguing? You just wrote:
“The fact that prolonging the lockdown will create a depression which will create pain.” You assigned that to the Democrats. I asked what about republicans who locked down their state and you went all circle jerk on me.

America’s addiction to militarism in the years since the Cold War has ultimately spent and — it now seems clear — wasted trillions of dollars to defend against hypothetical threats while leaving us practically helpless for the real ones.

the only real similarity between the 2020 pandemic and actual combat will be the Vietnam War-sized body count of the casualties.

For years, we’ve shunted aside or even ridiculed a so-called “mommy party” of Democrats wanting sissy stuff like hospitals to nurse the sick or pre-schools for our little toddlers, while worshiping a “daddy party” of Democrats keeping us safe with their tanks and drones, not realizing that Dad was actually out every night blowing the budget to get drunk on worthless, exploding gadgets.

Autism?

“The fact that prolonging the lockdown will create a depression which will create pain.” You assigned that to the Democrats. I asked what about republicans who locked down their state and you went all circle jerk on me.
I know that it is hard for you to follow things.I will put it another way so you you can hopefully understand. I will even type very slow for you. Democrats are wanting the lockdown to go on as long as possible because it will crash the economy which they hope will make Trump look bad and give them a better chance at the power they need. Unfortunately a failed economy means pain for people.
As far as you idea that the democrats caused this that is crazy talk. They did not help but they did not cause it. As far as any state being locked down it was the right thing to do no matter what party affiliation.
We have seen many on this very board and many in the media and in government hopping for a recession in the hopes that it would remove Trump. They don't care what pain it would cost someone in lost job, lost housing, lost retirement.
I hope you know have a better understanding.

"BREAKING: 'PRESIDENT TRUMP KNEW FOR WEEKS THAT THE DRUG HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE COULD HAVE SAVED MILLIONS OF LIVES, BUT DID NOTHING' - The New York Times, 1 month from now "

Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

I know that it is hard for you to follow things.I will put it another way so you you can hopefully understand. I will even type very slow for you. Democrats are wanting the lockdown to go on as long as possible because it will crash the economy which they hope will make Trump look bad and give them a better chance at the power they need. Unfortunately a failed economy means pain for people.
As far as you idea that the democrats caused this that is crazy talk. They did not help but they did not cause it. As far as any state being locked down it was the right thing to do no matter what party affiliation.
We have seen many on this very board and many in the media and in government hopping for a recession in the hopes that it would remove Trump. They don't care what pain it would cost someone in lost job, lost housing, lost retirement.
Ahhhh. So it is the collective negative “hope power” of Democrats to which you object. Perfectly normal concern. ;)

Can the OP explain why much of "socialist" Europe is experiencing the same or worse affects of COVID19?

How is it we spend more than they on defense (so we can protect their ass too), but their national healthcare doesn't make a difference? When you're done thinking that one through you'll see the OP is just PROG-rant and has no meaning.

Can the OP explain why much of "socialist" Europe is experiencing the same or worse affects of COVID19?

How is it we spend more than they on defense (so we can protect their ass too), but their national healthcare doesn't make a difference? When you're done thinking that one through you'll see the OP is just PROG-rant and has no meaning.

EVNrYIfVAAEpYFb

Ahhhh. So it is the collective negative “hope power” of Democrats to which you object. Perfectly normal concern. ;)
Lol if you think so. I don't tend to believe in hope as a real power. I also don't belive in unicorns, but if you want to feel free to believe in such things

Lol if you think so. I don't tend to believe in hope as a real power. I also don't belive in unicorns, but if you want to feel free to believe in such things
"Hope power" was your original point but if you think it is now ridiculous then we have just achieved one of the unique unicorns on the internet - we've moved from debating to agreeing and you should be proud to have refined your point to mine.
:beer:

"Hope power" was your original point but if you think it is now ridiculous then we have just achieved one of the unique unicorns on the internet - we've moved from debating to agreeing and you should be proud to have refined your point to mine.
:beer:
Roflol. You really are crazy I would have to remove most of my mind to come close to agreeing with you. But if you want to believe that who am I to disillusion you.

EVNrYIfVAAEpYFb

Is that supposed to represent an explanation?

Democrats believe that the virus will be defeated by "hugging the Chinese", mass gatherings in China town and feminist marches that resemble anything BUT social distancing.

The experts on the other hand agree, empathy does not help in any way dealing with the virus. In fact, the virus spreads by hugs. President Trump listens to the experts two hours a day on camera and whole bunch more off camera, but do not let that distract from your delusions.

Trump's handling of this issue has been a shameful fiasco, my friends, A SHAMEFUL FIASCO!

Forum List

Back