No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still do not see that picture in the link?

The link is not mine, the MOD added it after I made the thread, I had forgotten to add my link so they did me a favor, right? You can tell it is the mod's because he added the big red letters.

Yes, that article in a link that was not part of my OP, states what you claim, "Possible". It is possible? Is it likely? Will it definitely happen? If it does it will have nothing to do with CO2, that is clear.

The photos is Texas and what it looks like when oceans expand into areas they werent previously.

But if you say that is possible then you cant at the same time say that the waters have to "rise" over that mark as proof either, right?
I did not say those two things at the same time.

I know, I said if its possible then you cannot present no rising as proof of anything since you already said the rising COULD occur as expansion.

Either way, the mark stands on the Isle of the Dead as proof that oceans have not expanded or rose.

NO...See what you did there? The water mark proves it did not RISE. NOT that it did not expand. You just threw that in once it was shown to you.

Your pic is of flooding from rain, you claim it is from the ocean expanding in texas? Bet you can't link to that.

If the Oceans are expanding they are expanding all over. Not just Texas. Something has happened in the picture below. Either the ocean moved or the house moved.

rising-ocean.jpg
Wowzers, look at that rising ocean about to submerge a national heritage site.
View attachment 74235 View attachment 74236

So you missed the OP's link where it stated oceans can rise throught expansion, right? You quoted it but missed it huh?

You should complain cause it didn't achieve at all what you thought it would.

not to you.

So whenever someone shows you sea levels rising you'll just say its erosion and thats that.

Got it.

How about Bangladesh?

submerging-cities-bangladesh.jpg

What will you blame? Bad Juju? The incredible engineering of the Bangladeshi Water people?

New Orleans : DNews

How about all 9 of these cities? Everyone is the fault of something you can think of on the fly?
I blammma a flood, weather system, Typhony thingy. you know right? Please tell me you know this. please?

Thats not an answer. I'll wait
what's not an answer?

I still do not see that picture in the link?

The link is not mine, the MOD added it after I made the thread, I had forgotten to add my link so they did me a favor, right? You can tell it is the mod's because he added the big red letters.

Yes, that article in a link that was not part of my OP, states what you claim, "Possible". It is possible? Is it likely? Will it definitely happen? If it does it will have nothing to do with CO2, that is clear.

The photos is Texas and what it looks like when oceans expand into areas they werent previously.

But if you say that is possible then you cant at the same time say that the waters have to "rise" over that mark as proof either, right?

I know, I said if its possible then you cannot present no rising as proof of anything since you already said the rising COULD occur as expansion.

Either way, the mark stands on the Isle of the Dead as proof that oceans have not expanded or rose.

NO...See what you did there? The water mark proves it did not RISE. NOT that it did not expand. You just threw that in once it was shown to you.

Your pic is of flooding from rain, you claim it is from the ocean expanding in texas? Bet you can't link to that.

If the Oceans are expanding they are expanding all over. Not just Texas. Something has happened in the picture below. Either the ocean moved or the house moved.

rising-ocean.jpg

So you missed the OP's link where it stated oceans can rise throught expansion, right? You quoted it but missed it huh?
I'm just curious about your physics that allows oceans to rise 10 feet in one location but not a hundred miles away.
Please, tell us of this newly discovered law of nature.

not to you.

So whenever someone shows you sea levels rising you'll just say its erosion and thats that.

Got it.

How about Bangladesh?

What will you blame? Bad Juju? The incredible engineering of the Bangladeshi Water people?

How about all 9 of these cities? Everyone is the fault of something you can think of on the fly?
Tell us, how is it that I can stand on what was a dock 2,000 years ago and the ocean is hundreds of feet away? Caesarea, built by Harod.
image.jpeg

rising-ocean.jpg

I'm just curious about your physics that allows oceans to rise 10 feet in one location but not a hundred miles away.

Did you see the link that said oceans can rise through expansion or not? As far as your question you cant show that happening you just made it up. If you didnt make it up what are the locations you speak of?

rising-ocean.jpg

Did you see the link that said oceans can rise through expansion or not? As far as your question you cant show that happening you just made it up. If you didnt make it up what are the locations you speak of?
I asked how an ocean can rise 10 feet in one location but not 100 miles up the coast.
Puzzles me why you can't answer that said no one ever.

not to you.

Got it.

How about Bangladesh?

BTW, I love how the sand dunes formed behind your house in that first set of photos. dude that is special. What happened to the road from picture #1 to #2?

I have not noticed anybody mention the Isle of the Dead and the physical evidence that indicates the level of the Oceans are more or less constant.

In 1841 Captain Sir James Clark Ross, marked the mean level of the sea. It is funny to note, that back in 1841 that people had a better understanding of the Earth and Oceans, that they observed changes in Sea Level dramatic enough, that they determined a need to record a benchmark for future studies.

Isle of the Dead

The ‘Isle of the Dead’ may yet prove to be another nail in the coffin of global warming and its gruesome companion, Disastrous Sea Level Rises.

The `Isle of the Dead’ is over two acres in size and is situated within the harbor of Port Arthur opening directly to the Southern Ocean. The isle itself is actually a graveyard (thus its eerie name), containing the graves of some 2,000 British convicts and free persons from the 19th century who lived and died at the nearby convict colony of Port Arthur between 1832 and 1870.

In 1841. renowned British Antarctic explorer, Captain Sir James Clark Ross, sailed into Tassy after a 6-month voyage of discovery and exploration to the Antarctic.

Ross and Governor Franklin made a particular point of visiting Port Arthur, to meet Thomas Lempriere, a senior official of the convict colony there, but who was also a methodical observer and recorder of meteorological, tidal, and astronomical data. It is important to note what Captain Ross wrote about it.

“My principal object in visiting Port Arthur was to afford a comparison of our standard barometer with that which had been employed for several years by Mr. Lempriere, the Deputy Assistant Commissary General, in accordance with my instructions, and also to establish a permanent mark at the zero point, or general mean level of the sea as determined by the tidal observations which Mr. Lempriere had conducted with perseverance and exactness for some time: by which means any secular variation in the relative level of the land and sea, which is known to occur on some coasts, might at any future period be detected, and its amount determined.

The point chosen for this purpose was the perpendicular cliff of the small islet off Point Puer, which, being near to the tide register, rendered the operation more simple and exact. The Governor, whom I had accompanied on an official visit to the settlement, gave directions to afford Mr. Lempriere every assistance of labourers he required, to have the mark cut deeply in the rock in the exact spot which his tidal observations indicated as the mean level of the ocean.

That mark is still there today, as can be seen in the photo.The photo was taken at midway between high and low tides.

There is intensive research presently underway by several institutions including the now corrupt CSIRO assisted by the head of the Inter-Agency Committee on Marine Science & Technology, Dr David Pugh, who is based at the University of Southampton, UK. But in spite of plenty of time we have yet to see their detailed explanation of just why this mark confounds all the predictions about sea level rise.

Dr. Pugh airily waves his hands and says in effect that poor old confused Lempriere, in spite of the detailed instructions about getting a Mean Sea Level (half way between high and low tide), he just put in the high water mark. This, of course, sounds logical to anybody steeped in the Green religion.

But not to anyone else and not to real scientists who look at evidence unflinchingly.
View attachment 64841

Tasmanian Sea Levels - Lessons from the Isle of the Dead

Measuring sea-level rise at Port Arthur

150 year old mark shows no ocean rise

I added some links to the OP.

Dude. From the article you posted it says this. Do you stand by your links or nah?

Dramatic changes in sea-level are possible during the next hundred years as the release of greenhouse gases enhance the Earth's natural greenhouse effect. While there may be some extra water added to the oceans by melting of ice caps and glaciers, much of the initial sea-level rise will be caused by the oceans expanding as they warm up (thermal expansion).

texas%20flood.jpg
So the ocean has reached Houston?
The science of the left is mind boggling.

rising-ocean.jpg

I asked how an ocean can rise 10 feet in one location but not 100 miles up the coast.

What location has those characteristics?

The house you showed.
Bangladesh you showed.
Any other pic you showed.
All BS anti-science.

I have not noticed anybody mention the Isle of the Dead and the physical evidence that indicates the level of the Oceans are more or less constant.

Your posts indicate that you are completely brain-dead, Ejakulatra.

In the real world....

Seas Are Rising at Fastest Rate in Last 28 Centuries
The New York Times
FEB. 22, 2016
Fastest in 2,800 years?
How fast did the sea rise in 1056 AD?
You mean a clueless ignorant retard like you doesn't already know the answer, WitheredMan?

Or are you just employing the denier cult 'argument' of 'ignorant incredulous disbelief' in science? As usual.

The house you showed.
Bangladesh you showed.
All BS anti-science.

Ok, I'm referring to specifically where you asked "I asked how an ocean can rise 10 feet in one location but not 100 miles up the coast."

If you have a location where that is happening then let me know, but it sounds like another storytime campfire tale you made up.

Tell us, how is it that I can stand on what was a dock 2,000 years ago and the ocean is hundreds of feet away? Caesarea, built by Harod.
View attachment 74256

Your photo shows the sea still completely filling the harbor, dumbass.

There may be some slight variation depending on whether the tide is in or out, but Caesarea is still right on the coast, you poor delusional troll.

Your posts indicate that you are completely brain-dead, Ejakulatra.

In the real world....

Seas Are Rising at Fastest Rate in Last 28 Centuries
The New York Times
FEB. 22, 2016
Fastest in 2,800 years?
How fast did the sea rise in 1056 AD?
You mean a clueless ignorant retard like you doesn't already know the answer, WitheredMan?

Or are you just employing the denier cult 'argument' of 'ignorant incredulous disbelief' in science? As usual.
Can't tell us how fast the sea was rising in 1056AD? Surprise Surprise

not to you.

Got it.

How about Bangladesh?

View attachment 74256

Your photo shows the sea still completely filling the harbor, dumbass.

There may be some slight variation depending on whether the tide is in or out, but Caesarea is still right on the coast, you poor delusional troll.
Wow, a sea filling a harbor!
And he calls me a dumbass!
:itsok:

The house you showed.
Bangladesh you showed.
All BS anti-science.

Ok, I'm referring to specifically where you asked "I asked how an ocean can rise 10 feet in one location but not 100 miles up the coast."

If you have a location where that is happening then let me know, but it sounds like another storytime campfire tale you made up.
It's your claim the sea rose 10 feet. Back it up.

The house you showed.
Bangladesh you showed.
All BS anti-science.

:badgrin: I never made that claim.

Now when I ask you to quote where I said that will you run? I can quote exactly where YOU DID. Here it is:

Now who made you say that? And why dont you know the location of this mysterious phenomenon?

not to you.

Got it.

How about Bangladesh?

Uh oh good thing they stopped driving cars 1,000 plus years ago

download.jpg

The house you showed.
Bangladesh you showed.
All BS anti-science.

:badgrin: I never made that claim.

Now when I ask you to quote where I said that will you run? I can quote exactly where YOU DID. Here it is:

Now who made you say that? And why dont you know the location of this mysterious phenomenon?
Oh, so your photos you posted were BS.
Who woulda thunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back