No Sea Level Rise says Isle of the Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what I would prefer is if you would stop saying possibilities exist while ignoring the conclusions of those possibilities.

Thanks tho.

No, what I would prefer is if you would stop saying possibilities exist while ignoring the conclusions of those possibilities.

Thanks tho.
The conclusion is simple as heating water on a stove, a rise of 100 degrees will not expand a pot of water to overflowing on a stove, and a rise of 1-10 degrees in the Oceans will not expand the Ocean water to a measurable difference.

I need to go out and buy a nice candy thermometer for my pot of water experiment, I did it without the thermometer, filled the pot to the brim, brought the temperature up to boiling, and the water did not expand and overflow, it will be better tomorrow after I get the thermometer.

I bet you can't wait, can you CC?

Thanks tho.
The conclusion is simple as heating water on a stove, a rise of 100 degrees will not expand a pot of water to overflowing on a stove, and a rise of 1-10 degrees in the Oceans will not expand the Ocean water to a measurable difference.

LMAO.....Now put a glacier in the pot and fill the water up to the top. When you heat it what happens with the glacier? Does it stay there?

You thought someone was saying water heats and expands to take up more area and that is NOT what I said or implied.

I need to go out and buy a nice candy thermometer for my pot of water experiment, I did it without the thermometer, filled the pot to the brim, brought the temperature up to boiling, and the water did not expand and overflow, it will be better tomorrow after I get the thermometer.

You forgot about the Glaciers brah!

I have not noticed anybody mention the Isle of the Dead and the physical evidence that indicates the level of the Oceans are more or less constant.

In 1841 Captain Sir James Clark Ross, marked the mean level of the sea. It is funny to note, that back in 1841 that people had a better understanding of the Earth and Oceans, that they observed changes in Sea Level dramatic enough, that they determined a need to record a benchmark for future studies.

Isle of the Dead

The ‘Isle of the Dead’ may yet prove to be another nail in the coffin of global warming and its gruesome companion, Disastrous Sea Level Rises.

The `Isle of the Dead’ is over two acres in size and is situated within the harbor of Port Arthur opening directly to the Southern Ocean. The isle itself is actually a graveyard (thus its eerie name), containing the graves of some 2,000 British convicts and free persons from the 19th century who lived and died at the nearby convict colony of Port Arthur between 1832 and 1870.

In 1841. renowned British Antarctic explorer, Captain Sir James Clark Ross, sailed into Tassy after a 6-month voyage of discovery and exploration to the Antarctic.

Ross and Governor Franklin made a particular point of visiting Port Arthur, to meet Thomas Lempriere, a senior official of the convict colony there, but who was also a methodical observer and recorder of meteorological, tidal, and astronomical data. It is important to note what Captain Ross wrote about it.

“My principal object in visiting Port Arthur was to afford a comparison of our standard barometer with that which had been employed for several years by Mr. Lempriere, the Deputy Assistant Commissary General, in accordance with my instructions, and also to establish a permanent mark at the zero point, or general mean level of the sea as determined by the tidal observations which Mr. Lempriere had conducted with perseverance and exactness for some time: by which means any secular variation in the relative level of the land and sea, which is known to occur on some coasts, might at any future period be detected, and its amount determined.

The point chosen for this purpose was the perpendicular cliff of the small islet off Point Puer, which, being near to the tide register, rendered the operation more simple and exact. The Governor, whom I had accompanied on an official visit to the settlement, gave directions to afford Mr. Lempriere every assistance of labourers he required, to have the mark cut deeply in the rock in the exact spot which his tidal observations indicated as the mean level of the ocean.

That mark is still there today, as can be seen in the photo.The photo was taken at midway between high and low tides.

There is intensive research presently underway by several institutions including the now corrupt CSIRO assisted by the head of the Inter-Agency Committee on Marine Science & Technology, Dr David Pugh, who is based at the University of Southampton, UK. But in spite of plenty of time we have yet to see their detailed explanation of just why this mark confounds all the predictions about sea level rise.

Dr. Pugh airily waves his hands and says in effect that poor old confused Lempriere, in spite of the detailed instructions about getting a Mean Sea Level (half way between high and low tide), he just put in the high water mark. This, of course, sounds logical to anybody steeped in the Green religion.

But not to anyone else and not to real scientists who look at evidence unflinchingly.
View attachment 64841

Tasmanian Sea Levels - Lessons from the Isle of the Dead

Measuring sea-level rise at Port Arthur

150 year old mark shows no ocean rise

I added some links to the OP.

in libtard science the water level rises everywhere else except there

in much the same way the sun causes global warming on all the other planets except Earth

hope that helps

Thanks tho.

heating water will make it evaporate faster.

Thanks tho.

LMAO.....Now put a glacier in the pot and fill the water up to the top. When you heat it what happens with the glacier? Does it stay there?

You thought someone was saying water heats and expands to take up more area and that is NOT what I said or implied.

are you saying that if you put ice in water that the water will expand? I'm missing your point with the ice. ?

Thanks tho.

are you saying that if you put ice in water that the water will expand? I'm missing your point with the ice. ?

I'm missing who said water when heated will expand. The temp heats the glaciers, causing them to do something heated ice does, which results in either more or less water...something like that. And that OCEANS can rise by EXPANDING. Not that water expands when heated :badgrin:

Thanks tho.

I'm missing who said water when heated will expand. The temp heats the glaciers, causing them to do something heated ice does, which results in either more or less water...something like that. And that OCEANS can rise by EXPANDING. Not that water expands when heated :badgrin:
what is expanding? Ice melt will not increase volume. You should test it out. It's fun. Take a glass, fill it completely with ice, then add water to the brim, and let it sit. I bet it melts at room temperature over time. And then, Will it spill?

Thanks tho.

what is expanding?

And that OCEANS can rise by EXPANDING.

Ice melt will not increase volume. You should test it out. It's fun. Take a glass, fill it completely with ice, then add water to the brim, and let it sit. I bet it melts at room temperature over time. And then, Will it spill?

No, but when the Glaciers melt the resulting water goes somewhere and has some effect. I mean, more water does have SOME effect doesnt it?

what is expanding?

Ice melt will not increase volume. You should test it out. It's fun. Take a glass, fill it completely with ice, then add water to the brim, and let it sit. I bet it melts at room temperature over time. And then, Will it spill?

No, but when the Glaciers melt the resulting water goes somewhere and has some effect. I mean, more water does have SOME effect doesnt it?

Glaciers on water? No you didn't seriously say that.

And liberals have the nerve to call us anti science....

what is expanding?

No I didnt say that, nice try tho

Maybe you're just anti reading or pro seeing things that no one said:dunno:

what is expanding?

well it rains over the oceans, does that add water?

what is expanding?

It's why I replied how I did.

what is expanding?

dude, why do you supposed I replied as I did? Yep, you said it. Go back and reread your post. :cuckoo:

what is expanding?

Lets pretend I asked you a question first. I am talking about Glaciers and so far you havent disagreed with me. Thats enough proof for me.

what is expanding?

dude, why do you supposed I replied as I did? Yep, you said it. Go back and reread your post. :cuckoo:

Thats simple. Because you're misrepresenting what I said. Go ahead and quote it

what is expanding?

Thats simple. Because you're misrepresenting what I said. Go ahead and quote it
I did and how I responded.

what is expanding?

Lets pretend I asked you a question first. I am talking about Glaciers and so far you havent disagreed with me. Thats enough proof for me.
yep, glacier melt to the ocean from land will cause more water added to the ocean. Yep, so does rain right? Do the oceans evaporate? Can you answer that simple question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back