No Wonder Libs Are Upset - The Surge Is Working

I think maineman just lost his temper, and we should cut him a bit of slack, I just hope maineman will apologize and try to control his anger.

The point is, I could be nominated for biggest asshole on this board, and i act like a moron at times, I really wish we as a board could be more forgiving, and less attacking of each other and our view points.

Are you really this much of a jerk? This post was unneccessary but after 15 post i can post urls.

Damit RSR. This was just as useless as his post.

Honestly RSR, dont provoke people its childish, and

maineman

Maineman, take a deep breath brother. Dont be so mean :(-, that doesnt help anyone. You need to control your anger...

Its really sad, because I like you both, I think your both intelligent and i see you both as friends

rsr and maineman.

Yes, he is a jerk

You will get use to his arrogrant and hate filled rants

With all due respect to maineman and rsr.

Maineman: Shouldnt we wait until september, when according to a cnn report, the generals on the ground, need that time to see if it worked.

rsr: Should we stay, if the surge didnt work?

The last thing the left wants is to give the US militray the time to win this fight.

Dems have invested their politcal future in the US's failure in Iraq. Victory is not important to them

Damit RSR. This was just as useless as his post.

Honestly RSR, dont provoke people its childish, and

maineman

Maineman, take a deep breath brother. Dont be so mean :(-, that doesnt help anyone. You need to control your anger...

Its really sad, because I like you both, I think your both intelligent and i see you both as friends

rsr and maineman.

Hey, I am speaking the truth. Sorry if it offends you

The last thing the left wants is to give the US militray the time to win this fight.

Dems have invested their politcal future in the US's failure in Iraq. Victory is not important to them

this thread was started on March 16th. after the "surge" had been employed for a little over a month. Here is is, almost three months later....

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/06/14/iraq.main/index.html

Also on Wednesday, the Pentagon released a report saying that violence in Iraq has NOT decreased because of the Bush administration's increase in U.S. troops there, but violence has merely moved locations.
"Measuring Stability and Security in Iraq" covers February to early May 2007, roughly from the beginning of the troop increase to the time when the last group of U.S. troops entered the country, the Pentagon said.

While attacks on Iraqi forces continue from al Qaeda, local Sunni tribes have banded together to fight off al Qaeda and are showing efforts to take back control of their regions, according to the report.

Since the last quarterly report, attacks on U.S. and Iraqi troops and civilians rose 2 percent, and high-profile attacks by al Qaeda fighters, such as bombings of mosques and markets, have produced more casualties in Baghdad than murders by militias or other armed groups, the report says.

The number of suicide attacks across Iraq increased from 26 in January to 58 in March and continued at that level into April, it says. Additionally, attacks using armor-piercing explosively formed projectiles, (EFPs) were at an all-time high in April. U.S. commanders have said that EFPs are provided by Iranian paramilitary forces operating inside Iraq. Tehran has denied the accusation.

The report does not give an assessment on how well the troop buildup is working, saying only, "It is too early to assess the impact of the new approach."

I think it is safe to conclude that RSR's unbridled optimism back in March was premature, and really nothing more than another example of Bush dick sucking by the master of it.

that's all you got? one liner insults? No independent analysis of the surge?

You cannot go back to March and see where I was saying THEN that pumping 20K more cops on the beat in Baghdad might slow the carnage in that town but that it was bound to spread to other areas...JUST LIKE the pentagon reported this week?

Is it really so hard for you to say: "maineman, you were right on this one"??

that's all you got? one liner insults? No independent analysis of the surge?

You cannot go back to March and see where I was saying THEN that pumping 20K more cops on the beat in Baghdad might slow the carnage in that town but that it was bound to spread to other areas...JUST LIKE the pentagon reported this week?

Is it really so hard for you to say: "maineman, you were right on this one"??

I understand the last thing libs like you want is any good news coming out of Iraq. As long as the US is losing you are happy

Dems want to surrender to the terrorists and bring the troops home - we all know that is the Dems plan for Iraq

more one liner insults devoid of intellectual content.

Discuss the latest report from the pentagon. discuss the fact that I totally predicted a shifting of violence away from baghdad.... discuss this subject instead of just insulting me and "libs" and "dems" with oneliner Rush inspired soundbites. can you?

Discuss the latest report from the pentagon. discuss the fact that I totally predicted a shifting of violence away from baghdad.... discuss this subject instead of just insulting me and "libs" and "dems" with oneliner Rush inspired soundbites. can you?

Sorry if the truth rubs you the wrong way

Libs have only one goal for Iraq - surrender

your refusal to discuss anything with any thoughts that originate in your own brain is the only thing that bothers me, RSR. Discuss the pentagon report. show me how that report comports with the title of this thread. and use your own words to do it.... in sentences and paragraphs of your own creation. just try it once.

your refusal to discuss anything with any thoughts that originate in your own brain is the only thing that bothers me, RSR. Discuss the pentagon report. show me how that report comports with the title of this thread. and use your own words to do it.... in sentences and paragraphs of your own creation. just try it once.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

the numbers here are what really bugs you

no. your refusal to carry on an intelligent discussion is the only thing that bugs me.... and your refusal to accept news that is bad for your side. Your willfully ignoring anything that doesn't fit in with your view of the world is disheartening and pathetic.

… I don't doubt that innocent people have been put to death. I do believe that in the last 10 years, since DNA testing has become increasingly used The percentage is very UNDERWHELMING. Very, very few innocent people, if any have been put to death in recent years.

It is too much for me to have just one innocent person executed out of one million.

How many innocent people would have to be wrongly executed before you oppose capital punishment - 10 percent, 30 percent?

http://www.stateaction.org/issues/issue.cfm/issue/DeathPenaltyReform.xml

At least 23 innocent people were executed in the United States during the 20th century.
There were more than 400 known cases of wrongful conviction for capital offenses in the U.S. between 1900 and 1991, according to Amnesty International. Most were upheld on appeal, and evidence that proved defendants’ innocence emerged years after sentencing. At least 23 individuals were executed before exonerating evidence surfaced.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?&did=2238

There is no way to tell how many of the over 1,000 people executed since 1976 may also have been innocent. Courts do not generally entertain claims of innocence when the defendant is dead. Defense attorneys move on to other cases where clients' lives can still be saved. See cases with strong evidence at the above site.

http://www.nmrepeal.org/DPF1.htm

Researchers Radelet and Bedau found 23 cases since 1900 where innocent people were executed (In Spite of Innocence, Northeastern University Press, 1992).

Its really sad, because I truly believe rsr, can debate without the name calling, and intellectually devoid one liners, I think he is simply too stubborn. And i honestly wish he would try to speak from his heart, instead of his newspapers.

Its really sad, because I truly believe rsr, can debate without the name calling, and intellectually devoid one liners, I think he is simply too stubborn. And i honestly wish he would try to speak from his heart, instead of his newspapers.

I'll bet, if you lost a tooth, you'd put it under your pillow.

I dare you to go and find ONE POST by RSR where he EVER debating ANYTHING without perjorative one liner attacks at "libs" or "dems" or ignored what his adversary wrote and strung his own words intoanything longer than three sentences with any intellectual content.

I dont think he is stupid. Quite the contrary, but as humans, we tend to stay with what is safe, and what works for us, and unfortunently, that is what works for him.

I'll bet, if you lost a tooth, you'd put it under your pillow.

I dare you to go and find ONE POST by RSR where he EVER debating ANYTHING without perjorative one liner attacks at "libs" or "dems" or ignored what his adversary wrote and strung his own words intoanything longer than three sentences with any intellectual content.

Forum List

Back