Noam Chomsky On Foreign Policy Jargon

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I do not wholly subscribe to Chomsky's views, as he is deeply committed, it seems to me, to an equivalence between the USA and the USSR which is totally wrong as the USA has never set up an iron curtain around their border shooting anyone who dares try to leave it.

This is a 2 hour lecture by Chomsky and I found myself agreeing with most of it, to my surprise.

I do not wholly subscribe to Chomsky's views, as he is deeply committed, it seems to me, to an equivalence between the USA and the USSR which is totally wrong as the USA has never set up an iron curtain around their border shooting anyone who dares try to leave it.

This is a 2 hour lecture by Chomsky and I found myself agreeing with most of it, to my surprise.

electronic intifada prints him a lot. Gives you an idea of the things he writes or speaks about.

electronic intifada prints him a lot. Gives you an idea of the things he writes or speaks about.
His equivalency arguments between the USA and the USSR are off putting and I disagree having personally seen the East German frontier and observe that we have never shot our own people who were trying to flee the country.

He also seems to view raw material markets as theft, which is nonsense. Though there were lopsided deals made without a doubt, it was not theft.

Forum List

Back