Nobody Knows How Many Government Agencies There Are

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Hunh?

[T]here is no authoritative list of government agencies. For example, FOIA.gov [maintained by the Department of Justice] lists 78 independent executive agencies and 174 components of the executive departments as units that comply with the Freedom of Information Act requirements imposed on every federal agency. This appears to be on the conservative end of the range of possible agency definitions. The United States Government Manual lists 96 independent executive units and 220 components of the executive departments. An even more inclusive listing comes from USA.gov, which lists 137 independent executive agencies and 268 units in the Cabinet.

My question is – if they don't know how many there are, where do they get their operating funds? One source says that are 60. Another 115, and my favorite, The Federal Register indicates 257.

So, to all those political hopefuls promising to reduce government = how do you propose to do it if nobody knows who and what they are?

Read more with links @ Doug Ross @ Journal: Scientists (and the government itself) unable to determine how many federal agencies actually exist

(clears thoat) uhhmmhmm

We are the government agency tasked with keeping the exact number of governmentt (two tt's, you can ask why but we can't tell you) agencies a secret. Why? Just 'cuz'. You see, we like to keep as many people scared, superstitious, looking over their shoulders, believing in UFO's and bigfoot, denying Climate Change, complaining about red cups, telling everyone else what they will be forced to do on Christmas, and parachuting covert armies into Texas and Walmart, while maintaining the fleet of black helicopters and putting all the attention on Area 51, when Area 52 is where all the aliens and their spacecraft are really hidden.

We are scared to death the exact number of agencies
will be discovered because, well, then people would know. And they then wouldn't have any need to be 'suspicious' or 'scared' or 'mental' or use it as a red herring during a political campaign.

We are them, we are they, we ARE, the men in back.

Hunh?

[T]here is no authoritative list of government agencies. For example, FOIA.gov [maintained by the Department of Justice] lists 78 independent executive agencies and 174 components of the executive departments as units that comply with the Freedom of Information Act requirements imposed on every federal agency. This appears to be on the conservative end of the range of possible agency definitions. The United States Government Manual lists 96 independent executive units and 220 components of the executive departments. An even more inclusive listing comes from USA.gov, which lists 137 independent executive agencies and 268 units in the Cabinet.

My question is – if they don't know how many there are, where do they get their operating funds? One source says that are 60. Another 115, and my favorite, The Federal Register indicates 257.

So, to all those political hopefuls promising to reduce government = how do you propose to do it if nobody knows who and what they are?

Read more with links @ Doug Ross @ Journal: Scientists (and the government itself) unable to determine how many federal agencies actually exist
TOO MANY!!!!!

just like global warming. (as obscure). let's try to get an average, then call it a consensus, of how many agencies there are.

Last edited:
Hunh?

A semantics problem. Their funding can be found in the budgets...

Forum List

Back