🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nobody needs an AK47 with a 30 round magazine

Well then your "point" is even more pointless because gun laws are certainly not going to stop criminals and murderers. They can easily obtain illegal weapons off the streets, and if there are bans in effect, they will do that and strengthen the illegal market for guns.

Not if those guns start disappearing off the street. As mentioned, as this is the US this is a pin-in-the-sky scenario. Your country is too far gone...

Well then your "point" is even more pointless because gun laws are certainly not going to stop criminals and murderers. They can easily obtain illegal weapons off the streets, and if there are bans in effect, they will do that and strengthen the illegal market for guns.

Not if those guns start disappearing off the street. As mentioned, as this is the US this is a pin-in-the-sky scenario. Your country is too far gone...

Lol! Are you serious? :lol: You think guns are just going to "disappear?" The illegal gun trade is an extremely lucrative business. It is not going to just "disappear." :cuckoo:

Lol! Are you serious? :lol: You think guns are just going to "disappear?" The illegal gun trade is an extremely lucrative business. It is not going to just "disappear." :cuckoo:

Oh come on Chris, these morons' laws will get rid of guns just like the war against drugs means no one here has ever smoked a joint!!

lets pass laws against Murder and we can dress up in purple bodysuits and dance to the Barney Happy SOng!

Oh come on Chris, these morons' laws will get rid of guns just like the war against drugs means no one here has ever smoked a joint!!

lets pass laws against Murder and we can dress up in purple bodysuits and dance to the Barney Happy SOng!

. . . we can dress up in purple bodysuits and dance to the Barney Happy SOng

Lol! I think I might rather be dead. :lol:

LOL-about as much chance of that happening as this foreigner's gun schemes coming true

LOL-about as much chance of that happening as this foreigner's gun schemes coming true

Yup, the foreigners just don't understand that guns have always been prevalent throughout the history of America. "This country was made with bullets!" Lol!

Or is that "built" with bullets? I think it's built with bullets. Whatever.

Read the thread. I've already said it would take 50 years...

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard so far being a member here, and I've heard some really ridiculous things!!!

The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

Now, if the founding fathers asked every American what type of gun they had when they passed the Constitution, you would have a basis fro your question.

That they did not require registration then to be part of the militia should tell you what the intent of the 2nd Amendment was when it was passed.

Mark

Now if you had changed the Constitution by the process they proscribed in the Constitution, 2/3, 2/3 and 3/4, you would have a point. You didn't, and 5/9 is no where to be found.

Which in the case of freie Waffen is nothing.
Point made. I'll await your apology.

Do you actually read shit, or just make it up as you go along. FROM the link (again, I'll even highlight in bold the relevant part)..

"In order to purchase most weapons, the purchaser must obtain a weapon acquisition permit (Waffenerwerbsschein), in accordance with Article 8 of Act. Swiss citizens over the age of 18 who are not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems, and who have a clean criminal record can request such a permit."

Now say 'thank you' to me for educating your ignorant arse....
Do you bother to read what you yourself wrote:
In order to purchase most weapons]
You understand that "most" s not the same as "all" right? It is "most" because freie Waffen are excluded. That is why they are freie.
No need to thank me for the lesson in logic and law.

And you're basing that on, what, exactly? What will happen in 50 years? You're dealing with 300M manufactured articles with a service life over 100 years. They dont just disappear. And make them illegal and they go down the rabbit hole where people bury them in backyards and the like. Criminals of course arent bothered by them or by laws so they'll continue to use guns.
People like that are the same ones pushing for unilateral nuclear disarmament and other fairy fart ideas.

And you're basing that on, what, exactly? What will happen in 50 years? You're dealing with 300M manufactured articles with a service life over 100 years. They dont just disappear. And make them illegal and they go down the rabbit hole where people bury them in backyards and the like. Criminals of course arent bothered by them or by laws so they'll continue to use guns.
People like that are the same ones pushing for unilateral nuclear disarmament and other fairy fart ideas.

Lol. We are ALWAYS going to have a military and therefore, there are always going to be guns in circulation. This person is living in la-la land like most liberals.

I think for the most part, they have good intentions but they just cannot seem to get their heads out of lollipop land long enough to think things through and to make proposals that would be effective and that are reasonable. They NEVER consider the unintended consequences and always think that their ideas are great, but they are really, really stupid as hell.

Lol. We are ALWAYS going to have a military and therefore, there are always going to be guns in circulation. This person is living in la-la land like most liberals.

I think for the most part, they have good intentions but they just cannot seem to get their heads out of lollipop land long enough to think things through and to make proposals that would be effective and that are reasonable. They NEVER consider the unintended consequences and always think that their ideas are great, but they are really, really stupid as hell.
Libs have an amazing inability to think beyond Stage One. They think: OK, 30rd magazines have been used in many shootings. So we ban 30rd mags and there won't be any more mass shootings.
Of course they fail to consider that there are hundreds of millions of 30rd mags already existing that have a service life in the 25 year range, and often can be rebuilt. Or that magazine changes can be done within seconds, so mag capacity is pretty much moot. Or the reason you find 30rd mags in connection with shootings involving assault type weapons is that this is what the gun was specced for.
Its ignorance and an inability to think forward.

Libs have an amazing inability to think beyond Stage One. They think: OK, 30rd magazines have been used in many shootings. So we ban 30rd mags and there won't be any more mass shootings.
Of course they fail to consider that there are hundreds of millions of 30rd mags already existing that have a service life in the 25 year range, and often can be rebuilt. Or that magazine changes can be done within seconds, so mag capacity is pretty much moot. Or the reason you find 30rd mags in connection with shootings involving assault type weapons is that this is what the gun was specced for.

Where there's a will (and boat loads of money to be made), there is always going to be a way. Criminals are actually quite the geniuses when it comes to bucking the system.

The black market is always going to make things MUCH worse too because of the violence it encourages. Not to mention, once something goes into the illegal market, there are NO regulations at all.

Why don't they THINK of these kinds of things. All one has to do is to look at the failed war on drugs.

Where there's a will (and boat loads of money to be made), there is always going to be a way. Criminals are actually quite the geniuses when it comes to bucking the system.

The black market is always going to make things MUCH worse too because of the violence it encourages. Not to mention, once something goes into the illegal market, there are NO regulations at all.

Why don't they THINK of these kinds of things. All one has to do is to look at the failed war on drugs.
=============================================
you use the word "THINK" too much when it comes to liberliars, they are totally incapable of the thought process, all a liberfool can do is FEEEEEEEEEL :up:

for the most part their feeling is inside 11 y.o. little girls panties. ........ :lmao:

That is between 600-1100 a day. I don't believe it.

In a country of 300 million people...with cities with millions of people run by democrats where gangs and drugs and broken homes are destroying those cities...it is not only possible but a reality...good guys with guns, regular people, stop criminals all the time...and we like that...we don't expect them to just get raped, beaten, robbed and murdered and be happy about it...

I gave you all of the information easily accessible...even a researcher, Hemenway who is an anti-gun ressearcher and even he believes the number is about 100,00 and that is far too low...

Now keep in mind the crimes that are stopped by those 250-370,000 defensive gun uses...the ones not directly impacted by the victim with the gun.

One rape victim here in the states had a concealed carry permit for a gun...the night she was raped she didn't have her gun because she was on a college campus that had a gun free zone policy...she was disarmed by that rule....Her rapist, of course, had a gun in the gun free zone and used it to rape her...she stated in testimony before a state congressional comittee that if she had had her weapon she could have stopped the attack...that rapist raped at least 2 more victims that they know of, and murdered the second victim...

If the original, concealed carry victim had had her gun on her...she would have been saved, and the other two women might have been saved as well...

Those other victims wouldn't count if the original victim had stopped him...so 250-370,000 crimes stopped and lives saved only accounts for direct encounters with criminals...imagine how many are actually saved...

The point being they still have fuck-all compared to the US, and they still have paperwork you have to fill out before buying.

The actual point being....even with all of their paperwork...it didn't stop the two mass shootings by mass shooters who decided to kill people...if you have any guns in your country you can have mass shootings...

Background checks, registration and magazine capacity limits do nothing to stop criminal gun violence or mass shootings...get a tinfoil hat...that will be just as effective...

I think for the most part, they have good intentions but they just cannot seem to get their heads out of lollipop land long enough to think things through and to make proposals that would be effective and that are reasonable.

I call it liberal dyslexia...they just get some things backward...

One of the interesting points to the one mass shooting in Switzerland...it was a foreign immigrant who killed the 4 people...as we have found in the U.S. when you have different groups, in democrat poverty induced situations...there is more violence...

One of the two shootings in Australia that occurred after the gun buy back...was a Chinese National foreign exchange student who was having a really hard time in one of their colleges..they were just lucky that he wasn't familiar with guns....but he still go one didn't he...

Because if you read your own stupid link you'd discover anyone can buy a gun in Switzerland.

And if you read his link you'll see there are restrictions on what firearms you can own and the hoops you have to jump through to get one...

Do you actually read shit, or just make it up as you go along. FROM the link (again, I'll even highlight in bold the relevant part)..

"In order to purchase most weapons, the purchaser must obtain a weapon acquisition permit (Waffenerwerbsschein), in accordance with Article 8 of Act. Swiss citizens over the age of 18 who are not psychiatrically disqualified nor identified as posing security problems, and who have a clean criminal record can request such a permit."

Now say 'thank you' to me for educating your ignorant arse....
Do you bother to read what you yourself wrote:
In order to purchase most weapons]
You understand that "most" s not the same as "all" right? It is "most" because freie Waffen are excluded. That is why they are freie.
No need to thank me for the lesson in logic and law.

Your original assertion was that 'anyone can buy a gun' in Switzerland. Not true. Again, read the bolded part. And there are restrictions on what firearms you can buy, notwithstanding the freie waffen. I never said otherwise. Have you seen the freie waffen guns? Manufactured before 1870, the Swiss army knife, muzzle loading and bolt action.

Forum List

Back